Letter Sent to Carnival!!!!!

gargarjo

missabbi,

Why? They're loaded with protein!

I know!!! :D

The waiter insisted on taking it when he saw it on my napkin and said he wanted to show the chef. I said no, no, don't worry. He said that he was taking it because the chef would never believe him if he didn't see it for himself. :p On the upside, we received a free bottle of champagne and chocolate strawberries in our cabin the next day...very thoughtful of RCL.

While I agree you should have written carnival I think you took a little too far to be taken seriously. The complaints about chair hogs, teens, old shows etc are petty at best and just makes you sound like you are nitpicking.

If you are going to write to a corporation and expect a satisfying response you need to list the major complaints and leave the rest unsaid. The food, the water, cleanliness or lack there of is important and they would have seen that you had some major problems.

As it's written the real issues get lost among the other petty complaints. IMO

Jeez!!!!

I was on Liberty in January..... This ship has really gone to pot in the last couple of months.:rolleyes:

I found her to be spit-spot clean, friendly crew all around, food well prepared and served.....less any hair or other foreign matter. Of course, there were chair hogs....but I ignore them.

And.....again, last September.....same thing.

Wonder what could have possibly happened??:D

Maybe the black running water was the coffee? :D Sorry couldn't resist.

To the OP - Sorry, hope your next vacation goes better for you.

To be honest I don't look for hair so that I don't have to freak out about it being in my food.

As far as the shows, I agree...they need news ones, felt the same way on the Conquest.

Conquest was clean, sorry yours was not. I know it bothers some when trays are left in the hallway etc. But I see people cleaning railings and bathrooms all the time, so it seems they make a big effort to clean.

I hope you were able to have some fun on your trip and didn't let these details ruin it for you.

I think letters are a good idea, so that Carnival can make improvements but don't expect to get anything out of it - if that was your intent. I sent a letter this time and just pointed things out that they could have done better, but I also included the positives. All in all I had a great time.

Is it possible the water problems led to them running out of coffee?

As soon as I read about running out of coffee I knew that this one was a bunch of bunk designed to get everyone in an uproar.

I beg to differ. It ran out twice at the buffet on the Destiny last October. I was annoyed, but it didn't ruin my cruise.

Same thing with bathroom plumbing problems in our cabin, and a bad odor and leaking in the hallway! However, we had fantastic service on the ship.

I wasn't happy, either, that they quit serving filet mignon and creme brulee in the dining room. And that the little fun things that they used to put in the ammenities basket has started to dwindle. It's obvious that Carnival is cutting corners on some of the extras. I guess it's better than jacking prices way up, but I have noticed the quality of food going downhill. I suppose so that more people will pay for the supper club.

The Liberty was one of my favorite ships-so pretty-but I did notice a palpable undercurrent of unhappiness among the crew when we were on her in 2007. Bar waiters would take orders and then not return if it was just soda, probably assuming no tip. You could tell back then something wasn't right. Obviously still isn't, even with what is probably totally different staff.

These are two totally different ships, with different problems. I guess you will encounter some things that will be disappointing no matter what! (Although I agree hair in the food is unacceptable, that will happen almost anywhere. To think it doesn't is just plain ridiculous. People shed like dogs, especially while working in a hot kitchen!) And the icky water should have been addressed immediately. It's hard enough to avoid getting sick while you're traveling!

Do I think you have valid issues that need addressing? You bet! Nothing will ever be changed if no one brings the issues up. But don't let it ruin your vacation memories by dwelling on them. Life is too dang short!

I wanted to post on this subject as I was on the same cruise as the original poster. I am sorry that he had such difficulties. There was a water major water break that occured, leading to the water problems. Passengers were informed of the situation. Maybe his cabin was located in the area of the water break, exposing him to more problems than other passengers. The only difficulty that we experienced was a coffee shortage in the morning. We had plenty for showering and did not see any black water. Also, the ship was not dirty as he implied. There were more kids/teens on the ship than usual, but we did not experience any of them running out of control. We were told there were 500 kids on the ship, but we barely noticed them. Our cabin service was also fine. My husband thought that the service on the ship was slightly below standard, which he attributed to the economy and most likely cutbacks by Carnival. We did not attend many of the shows, because as the poster stated, they are repetitive if you cruise Carnival frequently. The same with the "dining room entertainment" The dining service that we had was very good,

however the dining room entertainment was very substandard - the staff did not put their hearts into it the way they usually do. I really liked the Liberty, the big screen on the Lido deck was great. My husband really enjoyed watching the basketball games.

I know!!! :D

The waiter insisted on taking it when he saw it on my napkin and said he wanted to show the chef. I said no, no, don't worry. He said that he was taking it because the chef would never believe him if he didn't see it for himself. :p On the upside, we received a free bottle of champagne and chocolate strawberries in our cabin the next day...very thoughtful of RCL.

You sure they weren't chocolate covered ladybugs?:p

I have a letter that I'm writting to Princess Cruises. I would like to share what happend to me, but in private. I don't want to tell everyone so if you could explain to me how to contact you some way you'll be surprised. Oh, Carnival is Royal compared to Princess. I'm sorry you also had bad luck.

Please respond.

Thank you.

We went on the Liberty and had an amazing time...Have been on 6 cruises with Carnival and have never seen them run out of coffee...Black water?...c'mon..black? Maybe a water issue, but black? No wonder you hate teens/kids..you are a school bus driver..can't blame ya for that...ok, hair in the food....tell that assistant to get a haircut before their next cruise..raise a stink and get a little free wine or something..!! and how much toilet paper can 2 men use on a 7 day cruise that asking for more was a focus point?? I guess my issue is that the letter sounds very "snotty"..like with an attitude....share your feelings in a more constructive way and maybe they will give you the answer you are looking for...

Just my 2cents...

I have a letter that I'm writting to Princess Cruises. I would like to share what happend to me, but in private. I don't want to tell everyone so if you could explain to me how to contact you some way you'll be surprised. Oh, Carnival is Royal compared to Princess. I'm sorry you also had bad luck.

Please respond.

Thank you.

Would this happen to be the unwanted man in your room?

herve-villechaize.jpg

I beg to differ. It ran out twice at the buffet on the Destiny last October. I was annoyed, but it didn't ruin my cruise.

Same thing with bathroom plumbing problems in our cabin, and a bad odor and leaking in the hallway! However, we had fantastic service on the ship.

I wasn't happy, either, that they quit serving filet mignon and creme brulee in the dining room. And that the little fun things that they used to put in the ammenities basket has started to dwindle. It's obvious that Carnival is cutting corners on some of the extras. I guess it's better than jacking prices way up, but I have noticed the quality of food going downhill. I suppose so that more people will pay for the supper club.

The Liberty was one of my favorite ships-so pretty-but I did notice a palpable undercurrent of unhappiness among the crew when we were on her in 2007. Bar waiters would take orders and then not return if it was just soda, probably assuming no tip. You could tell back then something wasn't right. Obviously still isn't, even with what is probably totally different staff.

These are two totally different ships, with different problems. I guess you will encounter some things that will be disappointing no matter what! (Although I agree hair in the food is unacceptable, that will happen almost anywhere. To think it doesn't is just plain ridiculous. People shed like dogs, especially while working in a hot kitchen!) And the icky water should have been addressed immediately. It's hard enough to avoid getting sick while you're traveling!

Do I think you have valid issues that need addressing? You bet! Nothing will ever be changed if no one brings the issues up. But don't let it ruin your vacation memories by dwelling on them. Life is too dang short!

they stopped serving filet mignon???? :confused::eek::(

Sorry to hear that. Had a similar experience on the Triumph March 22, 2009 sailing. Also my honeymoon. Mediocre was the best way to describe it. I have cruised Carnival 9 times with 22 cruises overall and this one was the most forgetable. The crew seemed to be just going through the motions. The food was nothing to cheer about. Coffee and tea from room service was ICE cold every morning, I had to go up to the Lido deck and get it myself. Kids were stampeding up and down the hallways and the crew did nothing. But I am glad they did run out of coffee. I would not know how to act without my morning Joe.

It seems like there are some people on this board who believe nothing short of sinking is worthy of complaining about, and I'm not sure they'd think that was. (There may be something in the fine print of the contract to cover that...I'm sure someone will let us know.)

Yes, there is....the fine print reads....."Carnival is not liable for the ship sinking (or anything else bad that might happen)...please find something to entertain yourself with while submerged". Thank you.

Archived