Missed Excursion?

burcham4

We were just wondering, if we book an excursion through carnival and for some reason our cruise arrives late, what happens? Is there a refund? is it rescheduled? any insight would be greatly appreciated. (we are sailing the 08/24 Holiday to cruise to Cozumel and Calica)

We were just wondering, if we book an excursion through carnival and for some reason our cruise arrives late, what happens? Is there a refund? is it rescheduled? any insight would be greatly appreciated. (we are sailing the 08/24 Holiday to cruise to Cozumel and Calica)

Hi, please know that not everyone here acts ignorant.

We were all new to cruising once werent we?

To answer your question, sometimes a tour can be rescheduled and if not then your money will be refunded to your shipboard account. No problem.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

I can't help but notice a hint of sarcasm. This will be our first cruise and I'm trying to book the excursions now. I can only assume we'd get a refund but wasn't quite sure if there was rescheduling of the excursions or what.

Thanks, it's our honeymoon and want to make sure everything goes right for my fiancee. Hell, she wouldn't care if we sat on the boat the whole time, but if i'm going to do it...might as well do it right.

If for some reason your ship doesn't make it due to weather or due to a Balcony Jumper, then they will refund you the money.

Wendy and I cancelled our ATV Adventure tour in Cabo and when we got the final bill it came out to $1.88 !!! Life would good on that cruise.

Fred

Thanks, it's our honeymoon and want to make sure everything goes right for my fiancee. Hell, she wouldn't care if we sat on the boat the whole time, but if i'm going to do it...might as well do it right.

Welcome Burcham4 and congratulations. You have picked a great way to spend your honeymoon.

Like Cruisin Ron said we are happy to answer your questions-we were all new cruisers at one time in our lives.

One word of warning tho-you might get addicted to crusing after your honeymoon cruise. As you can see from all the posters and threads-a lot of us are.

burcham4, I'd like to add that I THINK that if an excursion is rescheduled, and the times are not suitable to you, that you will be allowed to cancel with full refund. Not talking 15 - 30 minute delay, but major time change. Others may have more information on this. And you can cancel up to 24 hours prior to the excursion once on the ship if you like.

All our excursions have been refunded without a problem. I remember one time that we booked outside of the cruiseline and missed a port. When we arrived home we already had a check from the excursion company.

burcham 4

As stated, excursions booked thru cruise lines will be rescheduled or refunded. Now if you book your own through an independant operator, most will refund if your ship misses the port our is to late for the tour. Just make sure when booking thru a private vendor what there policy is.

Last cruise, I booked a beach day at Atlantis through the ship. When we arrived, it was raining and very bad weather. Everyone else who had book this excursion went anyway. I asked if my friend and I could cancel and receive a refund and it was added back as OBC. Easy as that!

Later during the day, the weather turned gorgeous but we had more fun just touring the city and shopping!

Archived