well im back from cruising

thied

I got it on google, type in background n842. Good luck.

thank you found it very interesting read, would love to now if any thing has happened sence then.

Hi there

Good Luck with any claims, I have also been on a disaster of a Sun cruise, to read about that one just google "background N842", it is the top story.

Again before any one jumps on and says anything, we were not upset about loosing the day sailing rather everything else about the cruise.

Our travel agent cringes when P&O is mentioned as they say that they are one of the hardest companies to get answers out of.

Any way we have learnt and moved on and will not be sailing on P&O again. :confused::confused:

I was on this cruise as well. Worst holiday I have ever been on and turned me off cruising P&O Australia ever again. So many disappointed people.

I emailed P&O asking why they didn't let us know about the change of ports as I had booked after their terms and conditions changed. I got an email back, the only thing is the email wasn't meant for me. The P&O woman, Monique, sent me an email that was meant for her manager. It said; we'll have to think of something else to get out of this one, and we'll have to make it bulletproof. She said she didn't know how to respond to me and other pax.. and lots of other things. I then knew they would try anything to get out of their mistakes.

Every time my friend rung customer relations, as soon as she mentioned the cruise they hung up on her.

They've since sent me another letter offering me and my friend $150 each off a P&O cruise booked before December, which is separate from past passenger discounts and any discounts from TAs. They phoned my friend the other day asking if we are going to book, which is strange as they said we had till December. My friend was out so she didn't get to speak to the woman to ask why. Maybe they are trying to find out if we accept their offer.

AS cruisinwithteens said, no one was upset about our missed day. It was what happened and how we were treated after.

I wish you luck as well, it'll be hard though as they will say and do anything to get out of admitting they were in the wrong.

Hello Thied,

I have to ask about your snorkelling on Isle of Pines, that you mentioned in your review. You said it was close to the beach. Could you please give me directions from the tender wharf to the place where you snorkelled so I will know where to go. Can you walk there?

Much oblidged,

Anna

was ready a mag and in it p&o is in it saying that they have 4 course dinning what do you think . they only have 3 courses.

In a thread that is talking about seeking compensation from P & O, it doesn't look good to complain about the number of courses at dinner. ;)

There are now only three on the Pacific Sun but there are four courses on the new menu on the Pacific Dawn. Does it matter if there are only three separate courses? You can order two servings from any course you wish. You can still have the pasta course by ordering it and another main dish as well. :):):)

Evon.

Hi there,

I am not sure how everyone is going with the cliams (N842). I did not set up the site,canother passenger did. It has gone very quite and I think that there may have been some gagging by P&O going on, eg. we will give you $......if you dont mention this again. Like Sue has mentioned she recieved an offer of compensation.

All I will say is that we did recieve some compensation from them that we were happy with. Friends of ours also recieved some compensation but it was different to ours.

Good Luck again guys......

cruzinwithteens:rolleyes:

In a thread that is talking about seeking compensation from P & O, it doesn't look good to complain about the number of courses at dinner. ;)

There are now only three on the Pacific Sun but there are four courses on the new menu on the Pacific Dawn. Does it matter if there are only three separate courses? You can order two servings from any course you wish. You can still have the pasta course by ordering it and another main dish as well. :):):)

Evon.

i agree but i do get angree when P&O say one thing in there

brochure and another on there web sit and then another in a mag and then when you ring them its different again and then when you ring a t/a you could 50 of them and get 50 different versons on the same ?

i agree but i do get angree when P&O say one thing in there

brochure and another on there web sit and then another in a mag and then when you ring them its different again and then when you ring a t/a you could 50 of them and get 50 different versons on the same ?

How many courses do all these people say you get at dinner? :D:D There can't be that many versions.;) Would a TA really know the answer to this question unless they had been on the ship very recently? :):) Before we booked our first cruise we got some very strange information from our TA. I don't think she had ever seen a cruise ship let alone cruised on one. OK, that is just her and I am sure most TA's are much better.

Evon.

I was on this cruise as well. Worst holiday I have ever been on and turned me off cruising P&O Australia ever again. So many disappointed people.

I emailed P&O asking why they didn't let us know about the change of ports as I had booked after their terms and conditions changed. I got an email back, the only thing is the email wasn't meant for me. The P&O woman, Monique, sent me an email that was meant for her manager. It said; we'll have to think of something else to get out of this one, and we'll have to make it bulletproof. She said she didn't know how to respond to me and other pax.. and lots of other things. I then knew they would try anything to get out of their mistakes.

Every time my friend rung customer relations, as soon as she mentioned the cruise they hung up on her.

They've since sent me another letter offering me and my friend $150 each off a P&O cruise booked before December, which is separate from past passenger discounts and any discounts from TAs. They phoned my friend the other day asking if we are going to book, which is strange as they said we had till December. My friend was out so she didn't get to speak to the woman to ask why. Maybe they are trying to find out if we accept their offer.

AS cruisinwithteens said, no one was upset about our missed day. It was what happened and how we were treated after.

I wish you luck as well, it'll be hard though as they will say and do anything to get out of admitting they were in the wrong.

Gee that is a big stuff up on P&O's behalf. They ought to be more careful!

Sorry to read you had a bad cruise too :(. I hope you all get some decent compensation :D.

How many courses do all these people say you get at dinner? :D:D There can't be that many versions.;) Would a TA really know the answer to this question unless they had been on the ship very recently? :):) Before we booked our first cruise we got some very strange information from our TA. I don't think she had ever seen a cruise ship let alone cruised on one. OK, that is just her and I am sure most TA's are much better.

Evon.

hi yes i cant say who on here but it there P&O condistions if you want to book through a t/a but have a read of latest road ahead if in can say that hope so

id like to see that email as it was sent to you (Monique, sent me an email that was meant for her manager. It said; we'll have to think of something else to get out of this one, and we'll have to make it bulletproof. She said she didn't know how to respond to me and other pax.. and lots of other things. I then knew they would try anything to get out of their mistakes) please may be good use later

hi yes i cant say who on here but it there P&O condistions if you want to book through a t/a but have a read of latest road ahead if in can say that hope so

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hello Thied,

I have to ask about your snorkelling on Isle of Pines, that you mentioned in your review. You said it was close to the beach. Could you please give me directions from the tender wharf to the place where you snorkelled so I will know where to go. Can you walk there?

Much oblidged,

Anna

left off the wharf follow the road around to you left then take the road to you right you will see an inland in the bay on your right any where around that inland is great about 10 -15 min walk. but you can snorkell in the bay that your arrived in as well both have nice white sand.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

i was just saying that every time you look at a t/a or a P&O ralative site they all say some thing different some commin is dinning.

Hey all!! Just wondering if anybody has heard anything back from P&O regarding this cruise and the disaster it was???

Would love to hear....

I haven't as yet.... still waiting.

What was the disaster??/missing Suva, not quite what I would call a disaster in the general scheme of things.:rolleyes:

Evon.

well i wouldnt book a cruise with a t/a that hasnt been on a cruise for one and it is there job to know these things ,is in it this what they get paid for or am i wrong to say that.or it just some cruse wrighters that reviews about ships that have never seen the let alone been on it

i did enjoy our cruise as i said in my review but here still things that happened one thing we cant talk about on here yet but we will get to that at some stage

What was the disaster??/missing Suva, not quite what I would call a disaster in the general scheme of things.:rolleyes:

I would say going to Suva is more of a disaster than not going;):p

Hi Lilly4350

That sounds a bit like my experience on "Divine Island" and the rest on lemon cruise N842! I know exactly how you feel. I put my thoughts about our disastrous cruise up when I got back, and got much the same responces as you. No one really knows what its like, how you are treated, what you went through, unless they were there.

The best I did was stop bringing it up on the board because you'll always get people who just don't or won't understand what you went through, and all it does is make you frustrated and angry.

Hi Lilly4350

That sounds a bit like my experience on "Divine Island" and the rest on lemon cruise N842! I know exactly how you feel. I put my thoughts about our disastrous cruise up when I got back, and got much the same responces as you. No one really knows what its like, how you are treated, what you went through, unless they were there.

The best I did was stop bringing it up on the board because you'll always get people who just don't or won't understand what you went through, and all it does is make you frustrated and angry.

Good Advice... A lot of posters have had less than a perfect cruise me for one. By all means say what problems u had but dont abuse other posters because the dont agree with you. This is not the place.

well i have to say we are more then happy with what P&O have offered us for what happened on and what happed to us on our cruise, good on them so far

Archived