Did you book a 2010 Europe Cruise?

caribbeansun

We sailed on Azamara last December - holiday cruise, SE Asia - they put small refrigerators in the cabins and took away some much needed space for my clothes!!! Refrigerators are nice, but then we ice buckets. I'd rather sail on Oceania with no fridge, than on RCCL with fridges and rock walls!!! Arlene ;)

• 3 months later...

We did the Azamara Scandanavia/St. Petersburg trip on Azamara last summer. The small refrigerator was nice. It wasn't in the closet but under a shelf next to a closet. Maybe the O closet is bigger. We pack light so I would prefer a refrigerator. Anyway, some of the concierge class cabins are exactly the same size as the cabins without refrigerators, so it's more likely a penny pinching issue.

We also had a nice size table on the veranda and ordered a full breakfast some mornings-not in concierge class.

We're on the O July 23 trip to the arctic. Not happy about the cabanas hogging the front viewing area. Seems silly on that trip anyway. That annoys me more than the lack of refrigerator.

• 1 month later...

Google "civitavecchia to rome airport by train" and pick and choose from the results. One such is this report. Essentially, you take the port shuttle to the port entrance, and then either walk or take a cab to the train station, buy a ticket for about 9 Eu, validate the ticket in a machine and ride for no more than 1 hr 20 min to Rome. Change trains at the Rome Termini to go on to the airport.

It's cheap and relatively fast, but unless you are traveling fairly light, luggage can be a hassle on the train and changing trains (I understand there are steps in the stations). If it's crowded, you may not even get a seat. Nevertheless, we are going to try it in April, except we will be staying in Rome a few days before taking the train on to the airport.

We have booked this cruise . When we disembark at Civitavecchia at the end we need to get to Rome Fiumicino airport. Does anyone have details of a way to do it by public transport, please?

I think this site on Italian trains put together by a Cruise Critic participant is fantastic:

http://www.ftroute.com/ItalianTrains.htm

I'm curious to know if many folks booked a 2010 European cruise on the itineraries just released by O.

We booked the Oct 18th

Rome, Portofino, Cinque Terre, Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa, Amalfi, Sorrento, Sicily, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Venice

Anyone else?

We have also booked the same trip on Oct. 18th.

1 couple from Ohio and our friends from California

I'm curious to know if many folks booked a 2010 European cruise on the itineraries just released by O.

We booked the Oct 18th

Rome, Portofino, Cinque Terre, Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa, Amalfi, Sorrento, Sicily, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Venice

Anyone else?

Last year on Windstar we stopped at Dubrovnik what a great time!

We are first timers on Oceania and booked July 24, 2010 Nautica....reverse itinerary of you -- Caribbeansun! I have wanted to sail them since they were Renaissance and the deals were just to great to miss! There will be 13 of us .. my in-law's 60th Anniversary ...expecting it to be wonderful...though now my hard work coordinating shore excursions has just begun. We are going to extend on our own in Rome and then into Naples where Dad is from .....brushing up on my (non-existant) Italian!! Any tips would be MUCH APPRECIATED! Wine country is on the horizon!

When I was in September in Venice a cab from the airport to the port was 35 euros. I had a prearranged driver - I paid 50 euros for the two of us and our lugguage - they charged more since we had 4 suitcases. I do not know if a cab would have charged more for lugguage.

We are booked on the 9/5 Insignia sailing Rome to Venice. First time with Oceania but this will be my 4th med cruise... I just love them...

Archived