Did you book a 2010 Europe Cruise?

caribbeansun

I'm curious to know if many folks booked a 2010 European cruise on the itineraries just released by O.

We booked the Oct 18th

Rome, Portofino, Cinque Terre, Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa, Amalfi, Sorrento, Sicily, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Venice

Anyone else?

Yes, we booked the 4/28/10 14 day Venice to Barcelona. We had looked at a very similiar sailing on Regent SS and the cost in the cheapest cabin including air fare and unlimited shore excursions plus of course all beverages was slightly over $16,000 for 2. Our cost on Oceania in the lowest level Verandah cabin is a little over $10,000 including air fare but no shore excursions included and drinks and wine on Oceania are not included. It will be interesting to see what the final total cost of the Oceania cruise is after we factor in the cost of shore excursions and what we spend in the lounges during the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, DH and I are booked on Regatta, October 12th, Venice to Athens.

This will be our first Oceania cruise.... I hope we make this one! Had to cancel our 31 day Princess out of Sydney, Australia in April 2008. Had to cancel our 39 day Princess out of Bangkok, Thailand for April 2009 (It just left on the 15th of April :(). Due to surgeries and further ongoing treatments.

Next year is our 50th Anniversary and Boy!!! am I ready for a cruise.

Snowbird

We decided to try Azamara for B2B cruises on Quest in Sept 2010 mostly because of the itinerary. Saving some money helps too, but itinerary is the most important factor.

We'll see how A compares to O (I am lowering my expectations in order not to be too disappointed). On a port intensive cruise the itinerary is most important to me. I suspect we'll "survive" the food and service on A.

Hi!

We booked the June 17th , 2010 Insignia cruise. That will be our 6th Oceania cruise.The price was very good for a concierge cabin. OUr next Oceania cruise is a 16 nighter on the Regatta in Sept. of this year.

Rhea

Two booked so far for 2010: 01/30 (LA round trip to Mexico) & 06/30 (London round trip to Scotland, Norway, Ireland and back to the UK). On the latter cruise, only port we have visited was Waterford, but now that the crystal works is being or has been moved to eastern Europe, I don't know why the stop.

only port we have visited was Waterford, but now that the crystal works is being or has been moved to eastern Europe, I don't know why the stop.

Last we heard, Waterford had ceased moving to Eastern Europe and was in the British version of Receivership, perhaps you should plan on staying on the ship, that day.......sad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/jan/05/retail-recession

Isn't it odd though, that in the same economic conditions, Baccarat and Steuben are doing so well?

http://www.baccarat.com/intro.htm

http://steuben.com/

Two booked so far for 2010: 01/30 (LA round trip to Mexico) & 06/30 (London round trip to Scotland, Norway, Ireland and back to the UK). On the latter cruise, only port we have visited was Waterford, but now that the crystal works is being or has been moved to eastern Europe, I don't know why the stop.

The latter is one that I am seriously interested in. I'm sure there are lots of interesting things in Waterford beside crystal. I certainly wouldn't want to see it because of that.

Hey troops! Spent three days in Waterford in 05/2005 on the Seabourn Pride because of the proverbial contest between the Brits & the Irish over "safety" problems. Trust me when I say that there is not much to see. My next door neighbors, who are from Dublin, can't imagine why a ship would even stop there. Even if the crystal operation is still there, who cares. The biggest establishment in Waterford proper is a Guinness brewery.Probably great for the beer drinkers!

In fact, Dublin is quite nice, without the scars of sectarian war as in Belfast. We visited both last May aboard the Celebrity Century, British Isles twelve day voyage.

Downtown Dublin is quite prosperous, with lots of high end shops and boutiques within department stores (e.g. Brown Thomson). Besides the brewery, there is that "half penny bridge" across the river at city centre. Dublin Castle and Trinity College are also worth visiting.

As for Belfast, beside those endless murials, there is a large, new, futuristic mall, signalling looking forward to a better future. We can feel at Belfast that while the hate (of the sectarian unrest) has subsided, the hurt is still just beneath the skin. We wish them peace and a stable future!

In fact, Dublin is quite nice, without the scars of sectarian war as in Belfast. We visited both last May aboard the Celebrity Century, British Isles twelve day voyage.

Downtown Dublin is quite prosperous, with lots of high end shops and boutiques within department stores (e.g. Brown Thomson). Besides the brewery, there is that "half penny bridge" across the river at city centre. Dublin Castle and Trinity College are also worth visiting.

As for Belfast, beside those endless murials, there is a large, new, futuristic mall, signalling looking forward to a better future. We can feel at Belfast that while the hate (of the sectarian unrest) has subsided, the hurt is still just beneath the skin. We wish them peace and a stable future!

:confused: The preceding posts are about Waterford, in the south of Ireland, nowhere near Dublin or Belfast.

My next door neighbors, who are from Dublin, can't imagine why a ship would even stop there.

This was in the post preceding mine. Also our taxi driver in Dublin showed us an area which was supposed to be the Guinness brewery. So I was thinking of Dublin.

It's difficult to comment on sectarianism when you've visited Ireland/Northern Island for a total of two days. Murials, that just cracks me up ......

for the 8/5/10. There will be 5 of us & we've all been with O before. Certainly no problem with cabin selection & got the exact ones we all wanted. It seemed like too good of a deal to pass up but maybe it will get better? Loved the itinerary - perfect for adding days at the beginning or the end.

Archived