Where Does Seabourne Dock in Singapore And Hong Kong?

Skeezics

In Hong Kong SB docks at Ocean terminal on Kowloon right near the Star Ferry, very convenient and walkable to everything (except Central for which you'll take the ferry.) In Singapore SB docks about a 15 minute taxi ride from the center of town. I forget the name of the terminal but it's convenient.

I'm in Palm Springs, very close to La Jolla.

I just did 22 days on the Spirit during from Singapore to Shanghai, one of the best SB cruises I've ever taken. As a first timer, all I can say is relax and let the magnificent crew take good care of you and they will. You can special order meals in the restaurant 24 hours in advance so put your thinking cap on for dishes you like. Enjoy your cruise!

wripro, does the Seabourn ship dock at the Singapore terminal that has a shopping mall right adjacent to it? If so, then there is also a wonderful subway that we used last year when we were in Singapore and it was great and so easy to use. Wasn't sure if that is the only terminal.

We were just in Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago for the second year in a row and the Ocean Terminal that you mentioned is just a wonderful location whether ones cruise is starting or ending there or they are there for an overnight or for one day.

Keith

Keith,

I honestly cannot remember if there was a mall attached to the terminal. Our taxi just dropped us off at the entrance and we went straight through to the ship. I do remember lots of shops in the terminal as we walked through but we weren't interested so didn't stop to browse.

You are right about Ocean Terminal in HK. It couldn't be more convenient.

We docked at the Singapore Cruise Terminal located at Harbourfront. The teminal is connected to the Harbourfront shopping centre. There is a subway station in the shopping centre.

Cheers,

Steve.

Right next door to the terminal is the"vivo" shopping mall- approx 300 etail stores and you can spend quite a few hours there if you don't want to go to Orchard Road or Raffles Mall. We usually stay at the Shangri la, it is a quiet oasis in Singapore - try the valley wing.

Jean

Yes, that is the ocean terminal we were docked at in Singapore based on what everyone has said.

Anyway, that terminal is also in a good location in terms of the subway. We learned when we were there last year that the subway is a very easy mode of transporation to take between the terminal and various areas in Singapore. It is faster than the going by vehicle. You can easily get to Orchard Road from the subway or to many other places from downtown to China Town and to Little India.

The Mall is OK but in my humble opinion Orchard Road is much more interesting. But I do agree if one just wants to stay around the terminal area they could walk for a while in and out of all of those shops.

Keith

Others obviously have better information than I about the terminal in Singapore. I was just so concentrated on boarding the Spirit that I paid no attention to malls. Getting feedback is one of the great advantages of CC.

We did this Seabourn trip 2 1/2 years ago in December -- it is such a great itinerary that we plan on doing it again at some point.We stayed at Raffles in Singapore -- would not do that again. But the smartest thing we did was fly in three days before the cruise and went the flew into Siem Reap, Cambodia to vist Angkor Wat and the other "Wats". We arranged for a private tour guide and stayed at the lovely L'residence. Best of all, it cost half of what Seabourn charged, we had more time to visit the area and we did not miss any of the days on Seabourn.

Just because you dock in Kowloon does not mean you can't easily stay on Hong Kong Island. We stayed at the Ritz where we had a perfect room with a view high across the water to Kowloon.Some of our friends who stayed at the Penninsla grumbled about it(not sure what was wrong).

Archived