Ruby Princess with Infant

rolloman

Just got back 4/11/09. I wrote a regular review on the Princess board but I wanted to share my experience with our 11 month old here on the family board. A pack in play was provided. It had hand prints and smudge marks from another infant but I cleaned it with wipes and disinfectant prior to use. We had a mini-suite so the Pack in play fit perfectly. I highly recommend a mini suite for a baby this age as you get a full bathtub, extra space for the little one to walk. Also the design left nice little round shelves for the babys toys she could reach and walk around. I also was given a high chair for the room so we could eat breakfast on the balcony together. The kids center was nice, had a padded area and blocks that were inset into the wall the baby could flip around. She also loved the legos. Only one parent is allowed and must accompany at all times a child under 3. One surprising note, they actually had gerber baby food available in the dining room the whole cruise. If you have a low maintenance baby give Princess a try as they really went out of their way to accomodate. As for me though, no baby sitting available is kind of a drag for a child this age. We had the grandparents but to me it really was not enough. I never felt like I was on vacation. I will never go on a "7 day cruise" that does not provide baby sitting for my under 3 year old. So this leaves me with Disney and RCCL... both pretty good options. P.S. I used our newly bought Maclaren Quest stroller and it was perfect. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks!

Thanks, it was a good time. I agree, 7 days in a cabin with an 11 month old requires patience and sacrifice and is a whole new cruise experience versus going just as a couple. Oh and I forgot to mention the little one decided to grow 2 more front teeth during the first few days and she was a lot more cranky than usual because of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so we're taking a family cruise for 4 nights. We have the owners' suite, but grandson and mom & dad are getting an inside. I'm hoping they can put them near us. This will be his mom's first cruise and she's scared, so no window or balcony for them. I don't mind hanging out in the room with the little one at night if needed.

Do they have a kids pool area? Glad to hear there is a play area...that will make mom happy!

Anything else you can share will be helpful. Thanks!

Just got back 4/11/09. I wrote a regular review on the Princess board but I wanted to share my experience with our 11 month old here on the family board. A pack in play was provided. It had hand prints and smudge marks from another infant but I cleaned it with wipes and disinfectant prior to use. We had a mini-suite so the Pack in play fit perfectly. I highly recommend a mini suite for a baby this age as you get a full bathtub, extra space for the little one to walk. Also the design left nice little round shelves for the babys toys she could reach and walk around. I also was given a high chair for the room so we could eat breakfast on the balcony together. The kids center was nice, had a padded area and blocks that were inset into the wall the baby could flip around. She also loved the legos. Only one parent is allowed and must accompany at all times a child under 3. One surprising note, they actually had gerber baby food available in the dining room the whole cruise. If you have a low maintenance baby give Princess a try as they really went out of their way to accomodate. As for me though, no baby sitting available is kind of a drag for a child this age. We had the grandparents but to me it really was not enough. I never felt like I was on vacation. I will never go on a "7 day cruise" that does not provide baby sitting for my under 3 year old. So this leaves me with Disney and RCCL... both pretty good options. P.S. I used our newly bought Maclaren Quest stroller and it was perfect. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks!

When your 11 month old turns two, NCL is an option with their Kids Crew.

Ok' date=' so we're taking a family cruise for 4 nights. We have the owners' suite, but grandson and mom & dad are getting an inside. I'm hoping they can put them near us. This will be his mom's first cruise and she's scared, so no window or balcony for them. I don't mind hanging out in the room with the little one at night if needed.

Do they have a kids pool area? Glad to hear there is a play area...that will make mom happy!

Anything else you can share will be helpful. Thanks![/quote']

I think an inside will be extremely tight with a little one. Not sure how old your grandson is, (potty trained) that will determine if there is a pool to use. The 4 night will be perfect for a first cruise. If you have a little one who sleeps in a pack n play you should highly consider putting that pack in play in your large suite.

Archived