Decisions, decsions re grand princess

yorkiescot

We are waitlisted for an outside cabin for 3, 2 adults and teenager, sailing on Grand Princess on 18 July 2009.

I have taken advice from more experienced cruisers and am now checking website at least twice a day for availability. We would also consider a balcony cabin. For the last week or so the only cabin for 3 has been a mini suite - a little bit too expensive for us. Tonight an inside cabin, A717, has become available.

We have no experience of an inside cabin but last year when we were on Sea Princess we met several families who felt inside cabins were exceptionally good value. Does anyone know when final payment date will be for a sailing on 18 July 2009? What are our chances of an outside or balcony cabin becoming available. I would prefer to wait but would be very disappointed if we miss out completely.

I welcome your views.

ys

i would grab the inside cabin. you can do this and still remain on the waitlist for another cabin. there will be some cancellations by final payment (sorry, no sure when that would be). i did the same thing: booked the inside and not 2 days later got notification that a balcony had opened.

having said that, i would stay in an inside (and have with 3 teenagers) and it was quite fine.

you doing the scandinavian or med cruise? either one will be very port-intensive and there will be little time spent in the room anyway if you do stay in the interior.

good luck whatever you choose.

We sailed on the sea princess last year on the Med Adventure, and are sailing on the Grand the same date as you on the Medley. Really cant wait!

The rooms are bigger and better layed out on the Grand than the sea princess, so whatever room you choose, it will be a better configuration than the Sea princess.

Book the Inside, and wait untill the cabin of your choice comes available, that way youve definately got a place.

Has it really sold out already !!:eek: Wow

HTH

having said that, i would stay in an inside (and have with 3 teenagers) and it was quite fine.

Wow....how did you do that? I was on the Grand Princess Mar.13 - 27/09 and I had an inside cabin. I had to go out to the hallway to change my mind:D. Seriously however I found it cramped with just me in there. I do however bring a lot of clothes. How did you manage with all of you in there?

Thanks for the advice. I will have to discuss matter with husband and son but think I will book inside cabin with Thomas Cook tomorrow evening and then hope an outside or balcony for 3 becomes available.

We were on Sea Princess last year leaving Southampton on 28 June were you, Liverpool08, on same cruise?

YH

Wow....how did you do that? I was on the Grand Princess Mar.13 - 27/09 and I had an inside cabin. I had to go out to the hallway to change my mind:D. Seriously however I found it cramped with just me in there. I do however bring a lot of clothes. How did you manage with all of you in there?

we weren't in the cabin much. we asked the steward to leave the beds down, so when we were in the cabin, the kids could watch tv or eat on their beds.

i think we managed as we have a very small house and are used to being together a lot! plus, it was either we all share an interior or we can't afford to go. and really it was fine. you do make use of the space you have: when its only two of us we sprawl a lot more!

Archived