Just off Grandeur!

We just returned today from our April 24th Grandeur of the Seas cruise. Overall it was a wonderful cruise with very few minuses. I will post a detailed review in the coming days but I just wanted to let any future Grandeur cruisers know that they're in for a real treat aboard this ship. Now I have to finish unpacking and try to catch up on all the missed sleep from the past week. Will post again soon!

Boatwht.gif

icon_biggrin.gif Can't wait to read your reveiw.We are set to sail her in December.Will keep a lookout for

your reveiw. icon_biggrin.gif

Dee& Vee

IS IT CRUISE TIME YET?????????????????

INSPIRATION 7'02

PRIDE 5'03

CONQUEST 9'03

MARINER 9/12/04

GRANDEUR 12/18/04

HAWAII 7 OR 9 '05

Till I Stop Pulling Out My Hair Waiting!!!!!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;9;10;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;12;16;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

We'll be waiting for you GRANDEUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Grandeur usually sails out of New Orleans from late October to early May. The crew did not say if the Grandeur would be returning to Baltimore next Summer (they probably didn't know this far in advance). I would imagine RCCL will be posting the rest of their 2005 schedule within the next couple of months.

Boatwht.gif

Hi Yuyi, missed you at the Schooner bar. Was looking forward to meeting you. Got to meet the rest of the gang. We had a fantastic cruise. We enjoyed the Grandeur. The food, the service, the crew were all great.

Posted my review .........Foxtrot nice to meet you and Becky. We are booked on the Mariner in November and see you have already been on her. Did you enjoy the Mariner?

Monarch of the Seas 09/95

Enchanted Isle 07/99

Grandeur of the Seas 10/02

Carnival Conquest 10/03

Grandeur of the Seas 04/04

Mariner of the Seas 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;11;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We sailed the Mediterranean on the Grandeur, and will be sailing out of Baltimore May 21 for a ten night Caribbean cruise on Grandeur. Can't wait! Any great things not to miss?

Kay

05/20/95 Zenith 7N Western Caribbean

03/04/96 Meridian 11N Panama Canal (Sank 5/20/99)

07/21/96 Ryndam 7N Alaska Vancouver to Seward

07/20/97 Norwegian Star 7N Mexico and Honduras

10/11/97 Century 7N Eastern Caribbean

09/18/99 Zenith 7N Scheduled to Bermuda, but due to hurricane Gert went to Port Canaveral and Bahamas instead

09/23/00 Horizon 7N Bermuda

11/17/00 Zenith 10N Ultimate Caribbean

05/26/01 Grandeur of the Seas 7N Mediterranean

10/13/01 Golden Princess 7N Eastern Caribbean

02/17/02 Legend of the Seas 14N Australia and New Zealand

06/28/02 Summit 7N Alaska Seward to Vancouver

08/23/02 Millennium 10N Deep Caribbean

05/17/03 Century 7N Eastern Caribbean

11/21/03 Summit 10N Southern Caribbean

05/21/04 Grandeur of the Seas 10N Western Caribbean

Many more in the future!!!

Hi Foxtrot and Crazeekat! Sorry we missed each other at the Schooner bar; I would have enjoyed meeting you and your spouses. I walked by the bar a few minutes before 3pm and saw only a crewmember sitting by the table across from the bar. My wife then called me on the walkie to come to the jewelry shop because she needed my opinion on a pendant she was looking at. I sent another member of my group about ten minutes later to check the Schooner bar area and he came back saying that he did see anyone gathered around the bar. I thought everyone forgot! I should've gone back and checked myself later. I'm sure we saw each other around the ship during the week since we tried to see everything and do as much as possible. Mark from Texas told me Thursday (when I climbed the rock wall, Yeah!) that three other people had earlier in the week mentioned to him about the cruise board messages. I wish you guys would've been there to hold my drink while I climbed the wall! We enjoyed this cruise tremendously and would not hesitate to do it again when the Grandeur returns to New Orleans in the Fall. I hope you all had a great cruise as well. Keep in touch; I wil send you a link to my pictures when I upload them.

Boatwht.gif

Sorry we missed you too. We loved our cruise as well and as I said she is our favorite ship thus far. Booked for November on the Mariner and hopefully the Grandeur again next April. I am working on my pics also. Will let you know when ready.

Monarch of the Seas 09/95

Enchanted Isle 07/99

Grandeur of the Seas 10/02

Carnival Conquest 10/03

Grandeur of the Seas 04/04

Mariner of the Seas 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;11;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Can't wait for your reviews and pics!!!

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Majesty of the Seas 11/95

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99

Grandeur of the Seas 11/00

Grandeur of the Seas 06/01

Grandeur of the Seas 02/02

Navigator of the Seas 12/02

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Grandeur of the Seas 05/04

Navigator of the Seas 11/04

HI YUYI, FOXTROT , AND CRAZEEKAT,

sorry, I also did not make it to the Schooner bar, we were on the rock wall, I had talked the other 2 couples with us to give it a try, that is the only time they climbed.

I went online(crusie critic message board) to see if another meeting was planned but of course there wasn't.

We probably met in some way or another and did not realize it.Yuyi, thanks for the pics, I noticed you were at the disco on 70's night <we were there , also.

Did anyone go to the Quest? Our team won first place.

Did anyone get their mug in the cruise in review?or purchase it? We are in it also.

We had a great time, and I am trying to get back to the real world, we were gone all day yesterday to an outdoor concert, so I have not unpacked yet.

Even though we were already booked for the Mariner and Jewel, we could not resist booking the Adventure to do the Southern Caribbean. But not until 9/2005. Wow, what a wait!

Kruzin'lady, we were at the disco on 70's night (the "village people" performance was a riot!) but did not make it to the Quest. I purchased the Cruise in Review DVD so if you tell me what scene you're in I should be able to spot you.

Psulzer, unfortunately CruiseCritic does not have a way to post pictures directly into a photo gallery like other cruise websites. That is a major deficiency that should be addressed by this website. E-mail me at rcastellon1@cox.net and I'll send you a link to my Grandeur photo album.

We enjoyed this cruise so much we're thinking about doing it again in the Fall when the Grandeur returns to New Orleans, or in the Spring (probably at the end of April again). I will try to write my review tomorrow evening after I get home from work since I'm working late today.

Boatwht.gif

On the DVD I am climbing the rock wall in a yellow shirt and standing along the rail watching. My husband has just gotten off of the wall in a red tank top. My friend has on a striped shirt and was taking a bow after finishing the wall.

I am wearing a white shirt kissing a bald head in the quest and our friend is doing a dance wearing a purple bra.

Were you dancing at the 70's party, I was dancing, but not when the village people were there, (I had to rest)but we danced before and after their appearance.

Archived