Wii Fit

babymomma

I went and bought the Wii fit plus OMG we are having a blast with it, only one problem so far, the weight is now in kg's which sucks I never learned how to convert it. We printed out a weight conversion chart and keep it near the WII lol. I called and asked how to change it back to lbs and they said I would have to change the main menu to U.S. instead of Canada but in doing so would screw up the internet connection :eek: Oh well

Love the Plus!! Got it at Costco for $19.99

And a very Happy and safe Thanksgiving to everyone!!

Hi everyone! I'm looking forward to getting back on my wii. Came down with a doozy of a cold and haven't felt like doing much except sleep! I had my hubby pick up a wii plus cd for me this past week and I'm looking forward to using it.

I'm not sure if you can change the name of the "person" your using bardstowntraveller, have you checked the settings out to see if it could be done that way?

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to my Canadian friends!

Jo, unfortunately my son is out of town at the moment. I thought he would be joining us for our family meal but looks like it is easier for him to stay in Collingwood where he is working. I hope that you are enjoying your Thanksgiving and if you do overdo it on the festive meal, just crank up the Wii extra time! ;)

Hockeyluver, did you start with the Fit before the Plus? I was just wondering what the differences were, and does it just upgrade your original or is it a whole new program? Thanks for the tip about Kg. I will keep mine set up as American because I never learned those newfangled weights either. I'm so 'old school'. :D

Bardstowntraveller, Lucky you heading off to Florida for the winter.

I don't usually gain weight on a cruise. We try to take the stairs and stay away from the buffet but we do eat whatever we desire at dinner time, including wine. I have gained about 20 pounds over the last two years. I quit smoking, had a bout with cancer and am going through menopause. :eek: It just kind of crept up on me. I noticed it on my last cruise and one night I didn't even go to formal dinner as I was so uncomfortable in my dress. I swore that would never happen again. We have a 14 day Caribbean cruise booked for April and I swore that if I wasn't down a few pounds, I wasn't going. Nothing like cruise motivation to get you going.

I hope you are all enjoying your long weekend. I will check back in when I have it all set up and going.

Deb.

I would like to join you guys. I just started to exercise again and would like to lose 20lbs. in about 6 months. I have a wii Fit, DH just got me the plus the other day and I love it. lots of improvements.

Question for everyone. does anyone have the wii Biggest loser? If so do you like it? is it worth the $.

I have been having a blast since I started on the Wii and Wii Fit. I usually try to do the balance exercises and at least one of the other groups of exercises each day plus I love the bowling on Wii Sports. I've been playing between 30-60 minutes each day. So far I am considered to be an unbalanced Yoga Master!!!

Hockeyluver, did you start with the Fit before the Plus? I was just wondering what the differences were, and does it just upgrade your original or is it a whole new program? Thanks for the tip about Kg. I will keep mine set up as American because I never learned those newfangled weights either. I'm so 'old school'. :D Deb.

I had the wii fit since it came out, the plus is a new program but it works in conjunction with the older one. You can go back and forth between the different excercises with out changing the disc. We are really enjoying the new games and still loving the old ones. I just saw the Biggest loser one the other day and it does look interesting. I have the Jillian Micheals workout but it is too intimidating.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone (even if your not Canadian :D)

Thank you Hockeyluver, I was wondering about the Plus addition.

Where in Ontario are you located? By your moniker I see that you are a fan, of which team the Leafs or Canadiens?

EEEWWWWW niether ]DETROIT RED WINGS ALL THE WAY!!! We live just outside of Windsor (across the river from Detroit)

Edited by hockeyluver

I also have the Jullian Michaels (the old one not the new one) But didnt like it as much as the fit. So now it collects dust. I got the wii active a few months back but only had a chance to use it a few times before going on vacation. Once I came home from vacation I didn't touch the Wii all summer. I think I will give the active another try.

IF anyone gets the biggest Looser please submit a review. I like to have a few to rotate through. It is nice to change up the work out a little.

Stay active everyone!!!

I found a website that rates all the fitness Wii Games. Number 1 is EA Active. The Biggest Loser didn't get good ratings, apparently the graphics aren't good and the program is unresponsive to the remote movements. BTW, I bought the EA Active game today and plan to start the 30 day challenge tomorrow.

EEEWWWWW niether ]DETROIT RED WINGS ALL THE WAY!!! We live just outside of Windsor (across the river from Detroit)

I forgot to add the Sens in there as well but I'm happy to hear that you are not a Leaf's fan, I wouldn't want to see you disappointed yet another year.:rolleyes: You couldn't root for a Canadian team though? On second thought, wise decision. :D

HI everyone, go check out the reviews on amazon for the video games. I have found that they are done by people who actually bought them and not people who are paid to review. Jillian Michaels 2010 game seems to be a big step up from last years version and Biggest loser is also getting positive reviews.

The Wii fit plus is an extended version of the original fit, all the same games and exercises as the basic one with 15 or so new games (a couple of balance / aerobic etc). You can buy this one and have it all. I liked it a lot when I rented it but seeing as there were no improvements on the Advanced Step I figured I would spend my money on something else. I am looking at the Biggest Loser game but think I will rent before I buy.

I have had a rough time on the scale as it is that time of the.....and bloating and such is not taken into consideration so I have not been saving my body tests, just too discouraging.

Ok off to work out now, hope you are all healthy, and active.

No turkey for me today (might do it in a couple of weeks when the family can get together, so at least I don't have to resist the temptation of stuffing (dressing to some) and cranberries....Yum.

Happy Gobble day!

Take care,

Carole

ps....I'm a Canadiens fan.....:P

I forgot to add the Sens in there as well but I'm happy to hear that you are not a Leaf's fan, I wouldn't want to see you disappointed yet another year.:rolleyes: You couldn't root for a Canadian team though? On second thought, wise decision. :D

Hey there are more Canadians on the Wings than on most Canadian teams. LOL That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! Also the Wings are alot closer than any Canadian team.... but if we are talking football.... then its the Packers all the way :rolleyes::D

Thank you...... LOL even though we are south of you ha ha ha:D not to many Canadians can say that :rolleyes:

Picky picky picky . . . . . . :p

I got on my wii today after a week off, finally felt like I wouldn't cough my head of exercising. I put in my new wii plus and took a bike ride. Before I knew it I had gone 4.5 miles! I couldn't find the last flag so I had a nice view of the trails. I'll have to do that again soon. Whatever I'm doing it must be paying off as I'm not gaining any weight and my clothes are looser!

Have a great week all!

Carole, don't be shy about claiming to be a Canadiens fan. Being from Toronto I have to support the Leafs and I do. Just wish they'd throw us a bone and give us somethig to cheer for once in a while.

Hockeyluver, Football? What's that? :D

My eldest son came by this morning so I had him hook up my Wii. Everything is set to go, he even made my Mii. (glasses, mole and all, and had a little too much fun doing it!:rolleyes:) I am going to read through everything this evening and tomorrow will be day one. Wish me luck.

Have a great week all!:)

Picky picky picky . . . . . . :p

I got on my wii today after a week off, finally felt like I wouldn't cough my head of exercising. I put in my new wii plus and took a bike ride. Before I knew it I had gone 4.5 miles! I couldn't find the last flag so I had a nice view of the trails. I'll have to do that again soon. Whatever I'm doing it must be paying off as I'm not gaining any weight and my clothes are looser!

Have a great week all!

Sue, do you like your Wii plus??? Was thinking of buying it and would love just a short review if you don't mind!!! What is different? Thanks so much!

Hi Gang.

I can't imagine how you bike ride on the Wii plus. :confused: but then again I am so new to all of this, I couldn't imagine half of it.

I stepped on to my Wii last night filling in all the info.

The machine told me I was a fat old lady. :eek::D I am actually in pretty good shape for my age and have good posture and balance but boy, I could not for the life of me figure out the movements. If I was to go left, I'd go right etc. I just can't get the hang of it. I am better on the Yoga and strength training but forget the balance. I just have to keep at it until I get the hang of it. My DH is a health nut (don't ask how we've managed to stay together for over 30 years!) He works full time and in his spare time teaches 6 spin classes a week, rides with a bike club, clocking over 100K each Saturday, plays soccer etc. etc. I am going to get him to try it out this evening and I will bet he can't do it either. Neither of us are any good at these kind of game things.

I was laughing so hard at the soccer shots. I missed most of the balls but managed to get hit in the head by every shoe flying.

I did enjoy what I did participate in and think that it will be something that I will keep at, especially with all of the support on this board.

Thanks for all of the help and input from everyone. It made the decision of getting and using a Wii much easier.

Sue, sounds like you are losing inches though!! Nice to hear that it really does help.

Missbogota, If you already have the Wii, you can add the disc of Wii PLus for only $19.99.

Jo, my DIL was interested in getting one as well. We've decided it might make a good Xmas gift. ;)

Hi Gang.

I can't imagine how you bike ride on the Wii plus. :confused: but then again I am so new to all of this, I couldn't imagine half of it.

I stepped on to my Wii last night filling in all the info.

The machine told me I was a fat old lady. :eek::D I am actually in pretty good shape for my age and have good posture and balance but boy, I could not for the life of me figure out the movements. If I was to go left, I'd go right etc. I just can't get the hang of it. I am better on the Yoga and strength training but forget the balance. I just have to keep at it until I get the hang of it. My DH is a health nut (don't ask how we've managed to stay together for over 30 years!) He works full time and in his spare time teaches 6 spin classes a week, rides with a bike club, clocking over 100K each Saturday, plays soccer etc. etc. I am going to get him to try it out this evening and I will bet he can't do it either. Neither of us are any good at these kind of game things.

I was laughing so hard at the soccer shots. I missed most of the balls but managed to get hit in the head by every shoe flying.

I did enjoy what I did participate in and think that it will be something that I will keep at, especially with all of the support on this board.

Thanks for all of the help and input from everyone. It made the decision of getting and using a Wii much easier.

Sue, sounds like you are losing inches though!! Nice to hear that it really does help.

Missbogota, If you already have the Wii, you can add the disc of Wii PLus for only $19.99.

Jo, my DIL was interested in getting one as well. We've decided it might make a good Xmas gift. ;)

OMG that is too funny, ok the bike riding is simply stepping up and down on the balance board while holding the remote horizontally in both hands as if it were a mini handlebar. A much better activity that what I originally thought. Now as for getting hit in the head, I have the same problem, I think I have cleat marks in my forehead, that or I get hit by the panda heads that my brain mistakes for soccer balls, have a glass of wine and do this with a friend and it's the funniest thing going!

As for your hubby, seriously, doesn't he have anything to do on the couch with the remote on a Saturday? No backlog of television to watch? No beer to drink? Man, if only I had all that stuff done I would be thin and constantly working out myself :P.

FYI all I rented the Biggest Loser game and thought, hey been doing the Fit 45 minutes at a time, lets do the Beginner (not crazy enough to try intermediate) for the longest session which was 28 minutes.....yup it was rough. Great workout though. will cruise through some of the other exercises and decide if it is what I am buying. I tried the EA Active last week, but the leg strap kept falling down. This game can use the balance board for 66 of the 88 exercises.

Ok, I admit that tonight is my night off from working out as I have worked out the last 5 days, so I need to take a small break (also my legs and butt are killing me from Jillian's circuit on aforementioned game)

Oh and season opener for the Canadiens is tonight...

Have a great one!

Edited by Julycruise09