Wii Fit

babymomma

Hi everyone,

Just to update everyone I am down 2 lbs since last week when I first got my Wii. I unlocked the Rythym boxing and love it. Got the advanced one too and thought I would do that but it kicked my A** OMG so hard to follow my hands and feet. I guess I will keep at it and hope to improve. I love the advanced step and wish I could preset an amount of time. I usually do the basic to start, then do the advanced a couple of times and then the advanced hula hoop. Knowing that they are a certain amount of time allows me to mix and match and aim for about 30 minutes a day.

Good luck all and hang in there. We can lose before we cruise!!

Have a great day tomorrow everyone, and just think it's only a 4 day week!!

Carole

What about your Canadian friends?? its Labour day weekend here too, we just spell it differently :p

sue402001 Are you anywhere near Detroit? My daughter wants to go shopping there tomorrow and i would like to go to a Walmart superstore, just wondering if you know of any not too far from the border.

:o Sorry, I didn't realize that you had a holiday weekend too hockeyluver.

Guess I didn't see this post soon enough. I'm actually about 3.5 hours from Detroit so I wouldn't even know where a Walmart is. I could tell you where they are in Grand Rapids though. ;)

Got back on the active this morning and I could squat again. :D Went good again today and I have just over a pound to go for the goal I set way back when.

Isn't the rhythm boxing fun Carole? I too had fun laughing at myself trying to do the advanced version. Congrats on losing 2 lbs!

Have a wonderful night all!

:o Sorry, I didn't realize that you had a holiday weekend too hockeyluver.

Guess I didn't see this post soon enough. I'm actually about 3.5 hours from Detroit so I wouldn't even know where a Walmart is. I could tell you where they are in Grand Rapids though. ;)

LOL no problem :D We didnt end up going shopping in the States anyway, on the radio they were saying how backed up the tunnel was so I said im not spending an hour each way sitting at the border. We will go another time. I found a superwalmart near Dearborn and Farelane mall is down the road so I will look there.

Hope everyone had a good holiday. Its back to work for me tomorrow, been off all summer, one of the perks to driving a school bus :p

LOL no problem :D We didnt end up going shopping in the States anyway, on the radio they were saying how backed up the tunnel was so I said im not spending an hour each way sitting at the border. We will go another time. I found a superwalmart near Dearborn and Farelane mall is down the road so I will look there.

Hope everyone had a good holiday. Its back to work for me tomorrow, been off all summer, one of the perks to driving a school bus :p

Hope your first day back to work was a good one hockeyluver!

I'm curious, which hockey team do you like best? :rolleyes:

Today I went back to doing wii fit, I just didn't feel like being as "active". I still got a good work out in though.

Have a wonderful day all!

Me too, me too! I want to join your Wii Club! I have had my Wii since late January, used it then left for a cruise in March and again in May and it (the Wii) just sits there all alone! I have to get back to it and this sounds like a great group that inspires each other. lol I think it is so cute when the wii person comes on and says ohh is that Anniee, gee where have you been! lol I feel reprimaded!!

What is the Wii active?

I hope those activities that have beenunloced do not get locked up if there is no one using them after a while. Oh well if so I just have to get to it and unlock them once again.

I have not read all the posts, so don't know if there is a place to sign up, send someone an email or what. So would someone clue me in. I am going to let some of my friends that have Wii's know about this thread. We all need encouragement.

Thanks!

Annieeee

Hope your first day back to work was a good one hockeyluver! Thanks first morning went good...only 190 1/2 school days left to goI'm curious, which hockey team do you like best? :rolleyes: LOL who else THE DETROIT RED WINGS!! :D

Today I went back to doing wii fit, I just didn't feel like being as "active". I still got a good work out in though.

Have a wonderful day all!

Oh i so wanna get me an active!!!

have a great day everyone :D

Welcome to the gang Annieeee, time to get back on the Wii. I don't think you lose what you unlocked but as I have had mine less than 2 weeks I am certainly no expert. Tonight I didn't do the fit as my hips are killing me from all the other activities so I did about 30 minutes of Wii sport and played 5 sets of tennis and 3 rounds of boxing. Man love how you feel after getting all the aggresion out. Now my arms will hurt tomorrow. I figure I will alternate and work out what doesn't ache at the moment.

As for the shopping I hit beautiful Burlington on Saturday and yes there was a line at the border....but none coming back on Saturday night!

Have a great week all, and keep up with the workouts. Remember we all have a goal to reach before our next cruise!!

Carole

Me too, me too! I want to join your Wii Club! I have had my Wii since late January, used it then left for a cruise in March and again in May and it (the Wii) just sits there all alone! I have to get back to it and this sounds like a great group that inspires each other. lol I think it is so cute when the wii person comes on and says ohh is that Anniee, gee where have you been! lol I feel reprimaded!!

What is the Wii active?

I hope those activities that have beenunloced do not get locked up if there is no one using them after a while. Oh well if so I just have to get to it and unlock them once again.

Welcome Annieeee!!!!!

I'm pretty sure the wii fit does not lock up the exercises again. I rarely use the wii fit unless to do a body test, and it kept those exercises unlocked.

The wii active is actually a product of Electronic Arts-- EA sports active.

http://www.easportsactive.com/home.action

I love it, as it has many workouts that target the whole body. The one thing it is lacking is exercises that strengthen the core. But apparently, they are coming out with a new version this holiday, which will incorporate more core exercises.

The posters on this thread are really wonderfully supportive--I think it's my favorite thread here on CC:)!!

Hmm any excuse for a cruise! How about a Wii Fit cruise! Can you see all of us boarding with our wii's and boards and other wii accessories.

Annieeee

lol NO then I would have to bring my daughters, we have been wii ing together every day lol

Then we can go wii wii wii all the way home! :D

I love my Wii Fit! I got a notice from Sams Clubs that new software called Wii Fit Plus will be available October 4 here is the info I got from the Nintendo site-

New Fitness and New Fun

Wii Fit™ attracted millions of new players to the world of video games. Now Wii Fit Plus offers a range of new features and enhancements to help players reinvigorate their workouts, along with exercises and balance games designed to keep them fun. Players will find a new dimension to the Wii Fit experience as they easily set their own customized workout routines or choose 20-, 30- or 40-minute workouts based on how much time they have available. Users will also be able to choose from specialized workout routines that focus on an individual's personal fitness goals or certain target areas. And with the addition of activities like Skateboarding and Rhythm Kung Fu, players will be using the Wii Balance Board™ accessory in a variety of new and fun ways.

Workouts combine the original Wii Fit activities and selections from 15 new balance games and six new strength training and yoga activities.

Users can input the amount of time they want to spend on their workouts or select an area for personal improvement, and Wii Fit Plus will suggest a number of diverse activities for them.

For the first time, users can mix and match which strength and yoga activities they prefer on a given day. The seamless exercise flows make it easier than ever for users to maintain their daily workout routines.

Users might be asked to run an obstacle course across a series of platforms, zoom across a beach on a Segway® x2 Personal Transporter or flap their arms to help their hilarious chicken-suited characters aim for targets.

The range of games and customization options will make players want to play every day. They'll be having so much fun that their workouts will seem to fly by in no time at all.

Players also can see estimates of calories burned and can even activate a feature that lets them weigh their dogs or cats.

Wii Fit Plus comes packaged with the Wii Balance Board accessory. For people who already own Wii Fit, the Wii Fit Plus disc will be available for purchase separately.

I will be looking online to get this as soon as it's available!

Bev

Thanks for posting the info on the Wii Fit Plus Bev, sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I just might be getting a new disc to go with my wii fit.

I'm down 10 pounds since I started on my wii again, I love it when my clothes don't fit anymore because there to big! :)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for the info Sue. I just got my fit a couple of weeks ago, but adding variety will be fun. Right now I tend to put in the Wii sports and play a couple of tennis games and a couple of boxing rounds to add some upper body work. I wish that you could add the time you put on those games to the wii fit time.

So far I am down 10 lbs total in the last month. I have set a new goal as I had 20 lbs by November. I think that 15 lbs in 2 months is a nice target. That would mean 25 before cruise time. Fingers are crossed....

Keep it up everyone.

Carole

Hello everyone! Congrats to all that have lost this week.

Those who didn't keep a chin up, it will come off.

I read about the wii plus. Can't wait to put some more

variety into my workout. Well I did my weight-in yesterday

and I am down 1.8# this week. I will take it!

I hope everyone has a wii-derful week! :D

Congrats on the pounds lost Carole & zandk, keep up the good work!

Anyone have problems with the nun chuck holder sliding down your leg while doing the wii active? I tighten it up as much as I can and it still slides. Any suggestions? No, I will not wear it naked. ;)

Hi everyone, hope you are all keeping up with the Wii. Tonight I was watching the season premier of Biggest Loser and figured I might as well join them. Put it on the free step and did 30 minutes. Figure at least I did some activity today. Yesterday I did about 45 minutes of the fit. Keep it up. Anyone figured out how to increase the volume on the controller, can't hear it if watching TV....

Keep up the great work, we can achieve our goals.....

Carole

Hey all, wow quite a few new ones here since I checked last. GREAT!!!!

Glad to see most are doing so well.

Anyhooooo...I've been bad.. been away and then just plain lazzzzyyy...but..I got back on Wii today and I did gain 1.6 pounds over the past 9 weeks.:eek:...now, I've got to get motivated and stay with the program. Have Dr. appointment in one month and need to have more weight off by then or its meds for me:(.. I'm going to really try harder to keep up with the program:D

Snuggles--only 1.6 in 9 weeks. I would be happy with that.

If I didn't do anything for 9 weeks I would gain 10 pounds.

You can take that off in a week!

As for me I lost 2# this week. Slowly but surely.

Keep going ladies!! Have a great week!!

Anyone have problems with the nun chuck holder sliding down your leg while doing the wii active? I tighten it up as much as I can and it still slides. Any suggestions? No, I will not wear it naked. ;)

What a nuisance :(...Do you have the leg strap high enough on your leg? I put it as high as it will go and tighten it. I do have to tighten it occasionally during the session. Also, I wear cotton shorts, so not slippery.

Hope it works better!!:)

What a nuisance :(...Do you have the leg strap high enough on your leg? I put it as high as it will go and tighten it. I do have to tighten it occasionally during the session. Also, I wear cotton shorts, so not slippery.

Hope it works better!!:)

Yep, it's a nuisance alright. I have adjusted where I wear it but it still happens occasionally. I do wear light weight cotton shorts too. Today my strap came untied from the holder, ouch! Just like a big rubber band hitting you. ;)

On a good note, I'm down another 3 pounds since last week. :)

Have a great week everyone!