what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

okay, the craziest thing I have seen.....We were on the Triumph in April and there was a man (Middle Eastern descent) dressed as Elvis. He wore different Elivis costumes all week even in port! He had the sunglasses, sideburns, chains, the whole get up. I never saw him without an Elvis outfit on even on dress up night. I guess it takes all kinds. He certainly got a lot of attention and plenty of picture taken. So, Elvis is alive and apparently cruising the world. LOL

i think we say him on the casta pacifica out of rome 11/09.

Well, I read all 56 pages and my, it was entertaining! Hahaha.

I don't have any amazing stories, as I've only done one cruise ... but I kind of have an embarassing tourist story from that one cruise ...

We were in Mazatlan, Mexico on my 22nd birthday last year. While we were out an about in the city on our tour, we were able to get out and explore on our own for a bit. DH, myself and another young couple all went to this cathedral. I really don't remember the name. We went inside to find many people inside, sitting in the pews, standing in the back, it was really splendid!

We thought it was a special holiday and started snapping pictures; I pointed one directly in the middle towards the front and snapped the picture. Literally seconds after I pushed the button, the young lady in our group said "Oh my gosh, it's a coffin!".

Yes, we had walked into the funeral for a well known Bishop or Pope of the area ... and I had just took the picture of it ... not even noticing there was a coffin!

I was so embarassed, so I snapped a few pictures of the archetecture in another area then scampered out.

DSCF0096.jpg

Pretty inside though! :o

That same day, we went to eat and I was treated to free Tequila during lunch by our tour guide. Only problem is ... I don't drink! I think the people around our table really liked us for giving them free drinks :p

DSCF4982.jpg

:eek: Is that a Gryffindor tie?

Armunet, we walked into that same cathedral after a tour the one time we were in Mexico. As you said, it was full of people, but it was for a huge wedding. However, the funny thing happened on our way into the church. A tourist was going up the steps outside just ahead of me, and he dropped something on the 3rd step. As he bent over to pick it up, there was a loud rip, and I glanced up and realized he had ripped the seam of his shorts, and I could see his untidy tidy whities, and so could God and everyone else! He shrugged, and continued on into the cathedral. I don't think he realized how exposed he was. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
this past Halloween when we saw a woman who was being spray painted by the tatoo artist all over. She was done in strips like a cat or Jaguar and was topless although the art work made it difficult to tell. She did have a large following until security advised her to cover up.:o

I guess this secuirty staff were not Canadian. In Ontario at least as long as money not being charged, no woman has to wear more clothes than a man.

Or as others Say America's claim the right to "Bear Arms" Canadians claim the right to "bare breasts"

I guess this secuirty staff were not Canadian. In Ontario at least as long as money not being charged, no woman has to wear more clothes than a man.

Or as others Say America's claim the right to "Bear Arms" Canadians claim the right to "bare breasts"

Man! I grew up in Ontario and never saw that law!

I guess I left too soon.

As a Canadian living in Texas if I bare my arms in the summer I just get burned...

• 2 weeks later...

Read every post over this past week. Very,very funny.

We were on the Disney Wonder back in 2000. My DS was 4 at the time. We had just boarded and were up on the upper deck where Mickey and others were giving us a welcome reception.

They had placed a nice buffet of food out for us to enjoy. We found a table for 4 and were going over to get some food. My DS really wanted to get his own food (he wanted to show us he could do this on his own). A couple of the surrounding tables heard him make the request and we felt we could keep an eye on him. We stayed at the table and let him walk about 20 feet to where the food tables were.

It only took him a few seconds to decide what he wanted. My DS proudly returned to the table carrying a rather large whole pineapple. I had to hold in my laughter as to not embarrass him, as did the surrounding tables. He was just so proud that he brought back the biggest item he could carry.

I told him it would be a little hard to eat and walked him back to the buffet table. Once I got there I noticed apples, oranges and a lot of other fruit on the deck around the table. Apparently the pineapple was put there to hold back the other fruit stacked high on the table :eek:

After we left this reception we went over to the elevators. We hadn't decided to get on them just yet, but my DS did. I looked back just in time to see the glass doors shut with my DS in the elevator! I waited to see which direction the elevator was headed and bounded down the floors waiting to see where it stopped. Fortunately it only went 2 floors before I caught up with him. He was crying, but safe.

My DW and I were on the next to last night on a cruise out of Galveston. Around 2 AM I woke up hearing a strange noise, I woke my DW up and asked her if she heard anything, she said it sounded like water running. Thinking I had left the sink running or something, I turned on the light, and the floor looked odd, at first it didn't register what I was looking at, but as I looked a little longer, I realized I was looking at about 2 inches of water in our cabin, moving back and forth with the movement of the ship. I got out of bed and splashed onto the carpet, my DW (who can't swim) cried: "OH MY GOD THE SHIP IS SINKING!". I calmly explained that we were on deck 7 and if the ship were sinking there are 6 decks of folks in a lot more trouble than us, and they surely would have announced something by now.

It turned out that they had drained the kiddie pool, and someone had dropped a potted plant into the pool, the potting soil got to the trap (which happened to be right next to our cabin) and clogged it, the water was backing up through our shower drain into the room. I opened the cabin door to let some of the water out into the hall and we called the purser's desk. About 4 cabins had flooded and we were all out in the hall waiting for someone. A poor maintenance guy walked around the corner, saw the water in the hall running out from our room, his eyes got as big as saucers and he immediately turned around frantically talking on his walkie-talkie.

I was on a Carnival cruise with a large group from Green Bay WI. and was on the front of the top deck of the ship after our late dinner there were 2 male passengers obviously friends, when one of them started to relieve himself off of the front of the boat into the wind the other I guess did not notice what his friend was doing. I along with some other passengers near by were close enough to hear there conversation when the other male that was not relieving himself said he was surprised that he could taste the sea "salty" water from all the way on the top of the ship when all you heard was everyone laughing except the friend that was tasting the cool sea water up some 100 feet from the water.:):)

i finally read all of these i cant wait for our cruise and i really am hoping i find something funny to report back.

of course now dd wants to dress ds up in some odd get up , that poor guy he will prolly do it.

as to the comments about young kids doing wrong things i would say they were the minority of the stories of people doing things they prolly shouldnt, so life is good lets enjoy.

as to the funny stories about watching people , who doesnt do that and if you dont you arent aware of your surroundings and thats not good. i have this mantra i have had for years, if they are talking about me or laffing at me they are leaving someone else alone. so i will try and give everyone some great stories lol by being myself. heheheheeh

please keep posting :)

:) hi! stephanie and dan here.......i was just wondering what is the most bizarre or wild craziest thing you have ever seen on a cruise..stephanie and dan

HATS OFF TO YOU FOR STARTING THIS THREAD!!

I can't believe how long this thread has kept going! It took a few days to go thru, left some housework, stayed up later than I normally would, but OMG what a HOOT! Didn't know so many people had such a good sense of humour.

Last Dec. we went on the NCL Sky. In Nassau we met a couple from another cruise ship waiting to go on the rum boat excursion, While waiting she kept telling me to be careful with the rum as it is very effective and hits you fast. She said most of these people waiting will not be quite the same coming back! Quiet now, but not later. After getting on the rum boat they went to the upper deck and we stayed on the lower. Never seen them again until the walk back. Can you guess who was the drunkest couple? Yup, too funny! It was about a mile back to the ship, but I swear she did 3 miles. She was staggering sooo bad. My husband tried to get their attention calling out his name. She just puts her hands over her ears and with her husband hanging on to her arm just kept stumbling along . I think she may have had a long talk with the big white telephone in her stateroom that night! Who says what happens in......., stays in......... Not with cruisecritic.com around.:D Perhaps after our NCL Dawn cruise next month I will have a bit more humour to share. And if you are on that cruise, be careful, I'm watching U!!!

Over many years of cruising (mainly on NCL), I have heard passengers ask some truly weird questions when talking to a crew member or at the reception desk:

"Does this ship generate its own electricity?"

(No. it uses very long extension cords.)

"Does the crew live on the ship?"

(Most of them commute from home.)

"Isn't it dangerous for the Captain to be walking around the ship when he should be steering it?"

(Yes, we live in constant dread . . . )

"When the ship crosses into a new time zone, shouldn't it stop and wait for the time to catch up with it?"

(Only when sailing westward.)

"I can swim at least 100 yards, so if the ship sinks less than 100 yards from shore, would I need to put on my life-jacket?"

(Why waste a perfectly good life-jacket.)

When told that the ship makes all the water it needs from sea water: "What if they run out of sea water?"

(They would purify all the Perrier and seltzer on board.)

"Since the Captain can perform marriages, does he also do divorces?"

(The Wedding Chapel is not a Divorce Court.)

Two and a half days of hilarious reading thanks folks - especially the lady with the "tear away evening gown" and the "Mexican bear in Alaska"... I am both surprised and relieved that my hubby's antics are not memorialized in this thread, especially his answers during the "Not So Newlywed Game" and more. Let's just say that we have spent most of our cruises being "infamous" due to him.. Have a rather long, self-deprecating story for you, I should have been mortified, but I couldn't stop laughing...

You have to know the cabin to appreciate the story. We were on the NCL Pearl in a forward OS right under the bridge. It had two balconies, one in front, one along the side. Because excess light from the cabin can skew the view from the bridge, we were required to draw our front curtains at night, and there was no light on the front balcony. So we returned one evening from an indoor hot tub soak, and hubby went into the shower. I was hot and steamy from the soak (not sexily in any way, literally hot and steamy), so I took off my bathing suit, threw on a long robe, got a glass of wine, proceeded to a chair on the side balcony with a book, put my feet up on the balcony railing to cool off and started to read... A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. I opened it, and there stood our room steward, who said (Sheepishly, in his rather thick accent): "Da Breedge callt, day say day caand see."

So I checked, and sure enough the front curtain was closed.. Hmm. So I drew the curtain separating the bedroom from the living room after turning off all the bedroom lights, went back to my chair on the side balcony with my feet up. Not two minutes passed and the doorbell rang again. There was our poor steward, looking anxious now, saying "Da Breedge callt again, day still caand see ebbereeting!". By now I am really confused, so I turned off almost all the lights in the living room and the side balcony, drew the curtains across the side balcony doors, and went back outside to cool off in the dark. Maybe five minutes pass and the doorbell rings again. This time it is our butler, who says "I'm sorry Mrs. XXX, but the bridge keeps calling saying that they can see EVERYTHING and they wish for me to tell you.. Perhaps you aren't aware?". It seems that there was a perfect combination of angles, allowing one of the bridge cams a full view of what was under my robe in a FULL reflection from the glass balcony since my feet were up.. I was a bit humiliated, but I couldn't stop laughing all night.. From that point forward, I always wore some bottoms whenever I sat on the balcony with my feet up.. On a later bridge tour, I saw the cam view in question and apologized to the crew who laughed along with me.

Robin

Robin, That was just too funny..

My sister came back to the ship with sand in her beach purse. I am fussy about a clean cabin and she thought she better shake the sand out of the bottom of the purse over the side of the balcony. She was shaking it hard, I walked in and asked her what she was throwing overboard. She was not paying attention and the pearls she had just bought were in an unzipped pocket of the bag. We hope some fish is wearing them in good health. Oh yea the wind blew the sand back at her and got all over the balcony, but she was so sad about the pearls I did not say a word about the sand..

So I went through this thread over the past 2 days.... TOO funny...

I'll share a few of my stories, but they really don't compare.

Carnival cruise with my mum to celebrate my graduation from University and Teacher College (Basically after 5 years studying and no vacations I begged for one, my mum obliged) I was in line at the buffet, and a black man cuts in front to get some salad or whatever, the white couple behind me start saying how rude he is, and he is saying how old they are, and that whenever he sees them he's going to cut in line and they start going on about all black people and being racist...well in front of me is a black woman, who now turns around to react to the people behind me, they say "sure, sitck up for your 'bother'" (man they were condescending ignorant people) and now they are getting more heated, I meanwhile am like a deer in the headlights and feel frozen, but I'd much rather a giant hole swallow me up, the woman in front of me bumps into me, and sweetly says to me "sorry, sweetheart" and clearly lets me know it's not me.... Needless to say I was never happier to throw some things on my plate and go sit down.... my mum laughed so hard when I told her - I should add that I hate conflict and being stuck in the middle of this one sucked.

My dad and I were on a Carnival cruise last December, he was recovering from knee surgery and heart surgery so we borrowed a wheelchair. We had an oceanview room, so there was plenty of room inside, but they said just keep your wheelchair outside the room, no one will take it... we also see other people leaving wheelchairs outside....well one night getting ready for dinner, we leave it outside because we will be like 10 minutes...go outside it's gone... I start to panic (2 reasons - deposit, main reason my dad didn't want the wheelchair at first, and did Cozumel without it and his knee was swollen to the size of a football plus at this time we knew his first heart surgery didn't work he needed another one soon) I don't know what I did, but I was dreading the worst, and my dad walks down the hall and finds our chair in front of someone else's room... we just took it back....

On my last cruise, Princess Transatlantic, I got to know the CD and his team quite well. We would all chat, they knew me by name whatever. I adore trivia, but I had accepted that I would NEVER win on Princess, but still had fun. In one session, my mum and I played alone, and a team near us were talking about how 'pissed off' her husband was because the crappy prizes Princess handed out AND he had written a letter to the CAPTAIN to complain about the prizes, and had gotten no response.

The best was not seen by me, but told to me and my mum by one of the cruise staff who was running the trivia game. An argument broke out over an answer, and one guy picked up a chair and was ready to throw it at the other team....

Same cruise, there was this one couple, and she would always wear professional dancing outfits to dinner (like ballroom dancing). These were all short, shiny and neat. In Spain, she had bought one of the Spanish dresses (I almost bought one for my neice) and she looked good. My mum and I would look for her at night. Plus she and her husband were always dancing at night. Anyways, my mum and I ended up joining their team for the Quest game (much tamer than some I've heard here, but fun none the less) and another game, and they were the nicest couple ever. We actually ended up winning one of the games and we all got a Princess bag, which I proudly took home.

OMG- This is one of the best threads I have ever read!

One of my favorite stories was watching a Newlywed/Not so Newlywed game. The oldest couple had been married 51 years and one of the questions was "How often do you make whoopie?" So, the newlywed couple says 5 times a week, the 20 year couple says once a week, and the 85 year old man says "Every Day!"

The Cruise Director just lost it. He went down on his kness and started bowing to the guy and said, "You are my HERO!" It was one of the funniest things I every saw.

:rolleyes:Last year we were on the Jewel during Spring Break time! Great entertainment from the college kids! The best were the 2 girls I ran into in the ladies room one day at sea. THey had clearly been drinking (!) and the conversation I overheard went something like this: Girl1 to girl2 - OMG - I really have to make a decision about which guy I want to do tonight! As I tried to not laugh the 2nd girl says to me "don't hate me" I responded -I don't hate you - I just want to get out of this bathroom!

Then there were the guys who jumped off the railing of the hot tubs into the pools -until security took them to thier rooms and we heard they were locked in to sober up! O to be young and stupid!

I'ver been reading this thread a little at a time for three days laughing hysterically. Ok, here's one. It was my husband. We had just finished a rather large lunch on the Voyager and I suggested we go down to take a look at the most recent batch of pictures which was on deck 3. After looking around for a while my husband gets a funny look on his face and says "meet you back at the room" and takes off. I, of course took that to mean "I need to go #2 and want a private bathroom". He hops in the elevator and pushes 10. The doors close and apparently he lets out this huge really, really stinky fart, the smell of which filled up the entire elevator. So now he is crossing his fingers and praying that he can make it straight up without anyone else getting in. No such luck though, he only made it to deck 5 when the door opens and 2 people get in pushing the button for 9 as my husband attempts to look as innocent as possible. One deck up, someone must have pushed the button, so when the doors opened, the couple exited quite hastily and my husband saw them going to the stairs. Perhaps they decided they needed the exercise?

One more...we were having lunch in the dining room on a sea day, and I was teasing my husband and the other couple we traveled with about how lazy they were since they had all slept in and didn't come to the napkin folding class with me that morning. I told them I learned to make a boot, a candle, etc. As I'm talking, my husband is quietly messing around with his napkin. A few minutes later he says, "Ta-dah! The Virgin Mary. See, I don't need a class" We all look, and look dumbfounded because I swear, the darned thing really did look like a hooded figure that could easily have passed for the Virgin Mary. The best part of this story is that I took a picture of him sitting next to it and when I developed the picture it looked like they both were glowing! It must have been because of the way the sunlight was coming in through the windows, but when I saw the picture, I laughed so hard I almost broke something.

We were on a mexican riviera cruise and were docked in Cabo and decided to go to one of the beaches. My son, 10 at the time was in the waves with some kids he met on the ship. All of a sudden he comes running out of the water with a jellyfish attached to his arm. He gets very upset easily and has bad asthma so he was crying, screaming and having trouble breathing. I am not good in panic situations myself and just stood there motionless. A woman on the beach ran over and pulled the jellyfish off. Another local man came and started spraying him with windex. He was still hysterical until another local came over and whipped out his "wee wee" and started peeing on my son's arm. He yanked his arm back and immediately stopped crying and said in shock "Mom, why is that man peeing on me?".

We returned to the ship and went to see the nurse who gave him vinegar to apply and several advil. He was fine but still has a scar and still remembers being urinated on in Mexico.

LOL I don't know why but I thought this was the funniest one of all. I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face! I've got a funny one but I'm olny halfway through reading this huge thread. I'll post it once I'm through them all. I love this thread!

DW and I went to Hawaii a couple days early for a POA cruise. Oct. this year. Sightseeing and shopping probably at an ABC store we picked out a couple things and went to check out. There were two women right behind us and as we got to the cash register I said we should get some of this Hawaiin money to take home for the kids. One lady said to the other, "That's a great idea, why don't we do that?"