Future Cruise Bookings

GUTO

Maybe it's because I've always booked within the final payment period (and so deposits were never a factor), but even after reading this whole thread I'm still not sure I understand the advantage of the FCC in this situation:

1) you don't know yet which cruise you'll be booking; and

2) you'll probably book close to departure (say, less than two months)

I can see the advantage if you know which ship & cabin you want now, since you can then snag it early with a flat $100 deposit (cheaper than a normal deposit I take it). Otherwise if you're just getting your own $100 back (that you may have been given them years earlier), what's the financial gain -- just the OBC bonus offer?

You get both a $100 deposit on a future cruise of your choice and a $100 OBC- all for $100. That's doubling your money the way that I see it!

Another piece of info. I bought two FCCs on my last cruise and tried to buy one for my daughter but they won't let you buy one for someone who's not on board.

I have used one through a TA and the $100 deposit is a great way to save on deposits.

Another piece of info. I bought two FCCs on my last cruise and tried to buy one for my daughter but they won't let you buy one for someone who's not on board.

I have used one through a TA and the $100 deposit is a great way to save on deposits.

Future cruise credits can not be purchased for anyone not sailing on that ship when purchased. And they are non-transferable.

Maybe it's because I've always booked within the final payment period (and so deposits were never a factor), but even after reading this whole thread I'm still not sure I understand the advantage of the FCC in this situation:

1) you don't know yet which cruise you'll be booking; and

2) you'll probably book close to departure (say, less than two months)

I can see the advantage if you know which ship & cabin you want now, since you can then snag it early with a flat $100 deposit (cheaper than a normal deposit I take it). Otherwise if you're just getting your own $100 back (that you may have been given them years earlier), what's the financial gain -- just the OBC bonus offer?

We rarely book within final payment time frame. But you're not just getting your $100 back, that $100 goes towards your cruise price AND you get the $100 onboard credit.

If you should be traveling at the same time as your daughter you could always book one room for you & your daughter and another room for your husband & you son in law & switch once on the ship. This way you'll get the two CC's.

Actually, that's not true. I have done it many times for people that have already booked a cruise and did not have the FCC at that time, but got it months later.

Edited to add: Find out the answer from a UK TA though - things may be different with this rule in the UK.

Please tell me how you did that because I booked my October cruise last July and used 2 FCC, I than booked Alaska for August and didn't have any FCC, went on the Ruby purchased 2 more tried to use them for Alaska but I was unable. I can't cancel b/c rates went up 500 pp for the mini I booked.

Please tell me how you did that because I booked my October cruise last July and used 2 FCC, I than booked Alaska for August and didn't have any FCC, went on the Ruby purchased 2 more tried to use them for Alaska but I was unable. I can't cancel b/c rates went up 500 pp for the mini I booked.

I have done this in the past. Booked a cruise and applied the FCC a few weeks later after purchasing them on another cruise. It was done through a TA and it was a few years ago, so they may have changed the rules by now. That I am not sure of, but I also was able to do this after the fact. ;)

I have done this in the past. Booked a cruise and applied the FCC a few weeks later after purchasing them on another cruise. It was done through a TA and it was a few years ago, so they may have changed the rules by now. That I am not sure of, but I also was able to do this after the fact. ;)

I booked through Princess, I will call again and see if I get a different answer from somebody else.

Thanks

Vicki

I booked through Princess, I will call again and see if I get a different answer from somebody else.

Thanks

Vicki

I am going to guess that Princess will not allow this. Some TA's know how to pull a few tricks that aren't allowed when booking direct though. ;) ;)

Good Luck!

Hello,

I was after some advice if possible please?

I am going on a Princess cruise in a few weeks and am already thinking of planning ahead and booking another Princess Cruise for September in the next day or two.

What I am wondering is, that if I book the September cruise this week, will I be able to get the future cruise boking reference for onboard credit whilst on my fothcoming cruise and apply it to the September cruise if I have already booked and paid the deposit?

Thank you

I was just on the Coral Prncess sailing the Panama Canal from Acapulco. My guess is the offer they were giving for FCC on 2009 bookings is being offered on all sailings --- they double the normal credits if you actually book the future 2009 cruise while on board. Note it is for remaining 2009 cruises. Unfortunately we could not do another one this year so we purchased the usual open ended credit. I assume some of this is to boost capacities for the rest of the year in this down economy.

Thanks

Vicki

(Sorry it took me awhile to answer. I had to get in a nap after a bad night of sleep.)

It's very simple and if you had a TA, they would know how to do it. Many reps. at Princess don't even know you can do this. I've even had them tell me I couldn't, but they were new to Princess and didn't understand the rules.

Don't let them tell you that you can't do it, because you can. Next time, you might want to use a TA that will do this for you so you don't have to deal with it. Let us know how it goes. :)

I believe you have to have purchased the future cruise either on board or before booking. On our last cruise in Feb. Princess was offering double shipboard credit for new bookings. A great deal!

Just to be clear (i'm old and a little slow) are you saying that if I make a deposit of say $100 while onboard my upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise that I will receive an OBC for the cruise I am presently on? Or... does this OBC transfer to the future cruise that has yet to be booked?

If the OBC is immediately available then this is a no-brainer. Pay 100 and immediately receive 100.

If this is correct, my final question is, what is the maximum you are allowed to put down on the future cruise that will result in an equal OBC?

You get the credit on the future cruise, not on the one you are on when make the deposit. As far as I know it is $100 for a cruise and I don't know if you can put down for more that one cruise.

You get the credit on the future cruise, not on the one you are on when make the deposit. As far as I know it is $100 for a cruise and I don't know if you can put down for more that one cruise.

You can definitely buy more than one. We never book onboard, just get the FCCs and then take our time using them.

I was just on the Coral Prncess sailing the Panama Canal from Acapulco. My guess is the offer they were giving for FCC on 2009 bookings is being offered on all sailings --- they double the normal credits if you actually book the future 2009 cruise while on board. Note it is for remaining 2009 cruises. Unfortunately we could not do another one this year so we purchased the usual open ended credit. I assume some of this is to boost capacities for the rest of the year in this down economy.

We were on the same cruise and bought 2 FCCs. DH prefers Carnival so he wasn't interested in booking a specific 2009 cruise on board. Four days after returning home he said let's cruise to Alaska again this summer. I checked online and Carnival is only doing Weds-Weds, so Princess will work out best for us. I wish he would have said that last week! The TA I booked the Coral with sent an email after we were on the cruise about the double FCC and said they'd match it with their own FCC if we booked a specific 2009 cruise onboard. Unfortunately, I use a different email account when I travel so I didn't see their email until we returned. We missed out on quadruple FCC! That hurts!

We were on the same cruise and bought 2 FCCs. DH prefers Carnival so he wasn't interested in booking a specific 2009 cruise on board. Four days after returning home he said let's cruise to Alaska again this summer. I checked online and Carnival is only doing Weds-Weds, so Princess will work out best for us. I wish he would have said that last week! The TA I booked the Coral with sent an email after we were on the cruise about the double FCC and said they'd match it with their own FCC if we booked a specific 2009 cruise onboard. Unfortunately, I use a different email account when I travel so I didn't see their email until we returned. We missed out on quadruple FCC! That hurts!

Wow, that would have been incredible. I heard others that did book just because of the doubling. I think these were folks that regularly cruise 2-3 time a year and were already talking about an early 2010 cruise. They simply move their schedule up and took advantage of the offer. I wish we were in a position to have done that as well.

I am going to guess that Princess will not allow this. Some TA's know how to pull a few tricks that aren't allowed when booking direct though. ;) ;)

Good Luck!

I called Princess again and they do not allow you to use FCC once you have already booked the cruise (we usually take one cruise a year but this year I couldn't resist the great prices I booked 5 with Princess), Oh well I will always make sure I have several FCC in the future.

(Sorry it took me awhile to answer. I had to get in a nap after a bad night of sleep.)

It's very simple and if you had a TA, they would know how to do it. Many reps. at Princess don't even know you can do this. I've even had them tell me I couldn't, but they were new to Princess and didn't understand the rules.

Don't let them tell you that you can't do it, because you can. Next time, you might want to use a TA that will do this for you so you don't have to deal with it. Let us know how it goes. :)

The TA I usually use couldn't touch the price, he said he would honor the price Princess gave me but I feel bad about his potential commission.

The TA I usually use couldn't touch the price, he said he would honor the price Princess gave me but I feel bad about his potential commission.

I'm sure he would not offer if he was not sincere. I'm sure he wants the business, and likely figures that even if his margin is small, he's earned more from you previously and likely to continue to do so in the future if he honors that pricing now. I'd speculate that he may think you will seek out a new TA, so allowing him to match the price and have your business will reassure him that you are a committed customer who will return. Business is not just about today, it's about building a rapport and client base for tomorrow as well. Surely he won't lose money on your booking(s), so even if he just "breaks even", he'd be happy to have your ongoing business! ;) (My dad spent over 30 yrs in his own business & sometimes you will do these things for good customers -- it's just smart business practice!)

To the original poster; even if you can't combine you future cruise credit with a current booking, it's worth getting one anyway.

If you are from the uk, your visist to the future cruise consultant costs you nothing! You still get the free obc but they don't charge you for it (something to do with the accounting process).

If you achually book a specfic cruise you have to pay a £75 deposit on your return to the uk within a week. If you don't book a specfic cruise then you get a refernce number to use and you then get your reduced deposit of £75 (and your obc of course!)

Archived