Military Discounts

tammi0916

Hi - was wondering how the military discounts work (search Carnival site but didn't find much) is the discount for Active Duty only or for anyone that was in the military? Can you get the discount after booking and on any fare?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi - was wondering how the military discounts work (search Carnival site but didn't find much) is the discount for Active Duty only or for anyone that was in the military? Can you get the discount after booking and on any fare?

Thanks

2 years active duty and an honorable discharge are all that is required. You will need to fax a copy of your DD214 after you've made the reservation.

Your TA or PVP will be able to tell you if there is a discount available on a cruise that you are considering. The discount is not on all cruises and not all cabin categories. They have a limited number on some cruises.

Like other discounts the military comes and goes and may come back again for a specific cruise. There are also times when they have a "Friends and Family" special where you can reserve an extra cabin at the discount for someone who otherwise would not be eligible.

Charlie

2 years active duty and an honorable discharge are all that is required. You will need to fax a copy of your DD214 after you've made the reservation.

Your TA or PVP will be able to tell you if there is a discount available on a cruise that you are considering. The discount is not on all cruises and not all cabin categories. They have a limited number on some cruises.

Like other discounts the military comes and goes and may come back again for a specific cruise. There are also times when they have a "Friends and Family" special where you can reserve an extra cabin at the discount for someone who otherwise would not be eligible.

Charlie

You can also get the Military discount while on Active Duty and will have to e-Mail/FAX copy of Active Duty ID.

They will let you book Military rate, then you have something like 48 or 72 hours to getthem a copy of your papers, else they will cancel the Military Rate for the booking.

There are several on-line TA sites that display the Carnival Military rates, so you can check them for availability and rates before calling Carnival, if you wish.

ken

Be sure to check your DD215 and make sure it's the long form that states the type of discharge, not the short form where it's blacked out on the bottom. Ours was the short form and we had to order a new long form. Didn't take long to get it though.

Also just to note that the military discounts are applied to the 1st and 2nd passengers. We have never had the military rate applied to our 3rd or 4th passenger. This discount has exceeded every other discount for us. Typically we save 18-20% on our booking for a Category 11.

Hi, I'll be on my first cruise next Feb and I'm going with a large group, the people who put this together got a military discount, and there are around a hundred people going. I don't know if you would be interested in signing up with a large group like that, we are all taking a bus from Sioux City, IA to Galveston *fun* and I have no clue where the rooms are, what accomodations etc. but if you would like more information I can get you in touch with them.

Thanks

The military rate (if offered) can not be found online at Carnival. I believe you can get an idea of what the rates might be by looking online at the obvious cruise TA.

You can call Carnival to see if the rate is available. A customer oriented PVP will ask you if you are eligible for past guest, senior, or military and recommend the best option when you are booking.

From the quotes that I've gotten recently the early saver has been better than the military. Before early saver I believe that the military rates (if available) were the lowest fare.

Thanks everyone for the information, I am on the phone with Carnival now and my cruise is eligible for the military discount! It lowers my cruise by $376 total. Whoo hoo more money for my DOD's!

Thanks - I just love this board

Hi, I'll be on my first cruise next Feb and I'm going with a large group, the people who put this together got a military discount, and there are around a hundred people going. I don't know if you would be interested in signing up with a large group like that, we are all taking a bus from Sioux City, IA to Galveston *fun* and I have no clue where the rooms are, what accomodations etc. but if you would like more information I can get you in touch with them.

I hope everyone that is going is eligible for the military rate or they will have to pay the difference at the dock. Before you can receive a military rate Carnival must have a copy of your DD214 on file. When you receive your cruise documents it will say right on the documents if you have a special rate and they may ask for your ID card or DD214 Form at the dock when you check in. They may have just received a rate equal to the military rate--I would say since there is such a large group they probably got a group rate.

Thanks

Also check the Early Saver booking and see if you are OK with the restrictions. If so, If you are eligible for the Military Rate, and you Book the Early Saver Rate, if a Military Rate that's lower than your current Early saver rate is offered by Carnival, you can get the lower Military Rate.

ken

Thanks

They work for anyone who has been or is currently in the military. just need active id card or dd214. ou do need to call Carnival directly though to see if the military promotion is available on your booking. :)

I hope everyone that is going is eligible for the military rate or they will have to pay the difference at the dock. Before you can receive a military rate Carnival must have a copy of your DD214 on file. When you receive your cruise documents it will say right on the documents if you have a special rate and they may ask for your ID card or DD214 Form at the dock when you check in. They may have just received a rate equal to the military rate--I would say since there is such a large group they probably got a group rate.

So far as I know you have to demonstrate your eligibility for the Military rate by sending them the DD214 (or Active ID) within 48 (or 72?) hours - if not received by then, they automatically cancel the Military rate at that time.

At least in my case, my Cruise documents didn't require any Military documentation on boarding and no one asked for it (but of courxse I carry my DD214 paperwork just in case whenever traveling Military rate!!!)

ken

So far as I know you have to demonstrate your eligibility for the Military rate by sending them the DD214 (or Active ID) within 48 (or 72?) hours - if not received by then, they automatically cancel the Military rate at that time.

At least in my case, my Cruise documents didn't require any Military documentation on boarding and no one asked for it (but of courxse I mcarry y DD214 paperwork just in case whenever traveling Military rate!!!)

ken

AMEN!!! we do too!!!;)

Archived