Celebrity/Royal Caribbean

Have cruised with Celebrity numerous times (love it) and wondered if we would find Royal Caribbean a similar experience. Have found a cruise we like on Brilliance of the Seas and I am trying to decide whether to try it. We like the little extras you get on Celebrity like great breakfast in the cabin, cold towels and drinks shoreside, free tote bags etc plus very friendly staff that always greet you, Anybody any comparisons please? We are early 50's and won't have children with us.

One lady on our roll call on Voyager who had done Celebrity complained every time I saw her that she couldnt get in quality reading time on RCL, too many pool games and the band kept playing. Personally, I dont go on a cruise for quality reading time, but she was clearly annoyed.

Hi We are loyal RCCL cruisers but just took our first Celebrity cruise this past week. I have to say I LOVE RCCL but I was clearly wow'd by Celebrity's service and the little extra and will probably pick Celebrity whenever we can. We are taking our daughter for her 16th birthday in Aug but no Celebrity ships sail the Caribbean at that time. I think you will like RCCL but don't expect the WOW in service that we clearly experienced this past week on Celebrity. There Are MORE pool games and more music on RCCL but some people prefer that to the more refined atmosphere on Celebrity. Book a Jr. Suite or above on RCCl and you'll feel close to what you get in CC class. We usually book a romance package & Jr. suite and we love the little extras you get. Also make sure if you choose that , that you call to have your past guest status transferred over to RCCL. We just did that and were excited we did. You will get better gifts and more coupons as a Crown & Anchor member than you will with Celebrity's past guest program. Hope that helps a little.

There is no doubt in my mind that, while RC is nice, there are many things that do not compare with Celebrity. There are many added touches with Celebrity that you will not find on RC. The main thing that comes to mind is the quality of the food is much better on Celebrity, imho.

We have done numerous cruises on RCCL and Celebrity and have enjoyed both very much. If I had to make a comparison, I'd say that Celebrity is a tad "quieter" than RCCL in that the activities are a bit more low key (IMO), and RCCL caters a bit more to families and realted activities. As Spurs Fan noted, there are little "touches" on Celebrity that you typically don't find on RCCL. As for the food, we've had good, fair, and not so hot experiences on both lines, but overall I feel it is comparable. The one thing I give RCCL the nod on is the ships themselves. They give a much more open feeling than the celebrity ships. All in all, I don't think you can go wrong with either, and if you're an elite member with Celebrity's loyalty program you can get the same level with RCCL.

Archived