Now that I made final payment the price went down!

mjbelen

IMHO opinion, the reason behind the different answers on this message board in reguards to this subject is that some find they received a price drop after final payment once, or maybe even twice (because the price drop was not a flash promotion), and they swear to others that this is available when booking a Princess cruise.

This in turn gets other passengers thinking that they too will get a price decease after final payment date if prices drop. Yes, you should check if a price drop occurs, but the idea that everyone will be able to do this, or that this often happens is totally misinformation.

Congratulations to those that were able to get their TA or Princess to give them the benefit of the price decrease after final payment date (due to there being no flash promotion involved). Yes, this can happen occasionally. But it is NOT, I repeat, NOT the normal practice when booking a Princess cruise.

As I said previously, it happens about as often as you see those that received great upgrades from one category to a higher one. Yes, it can happen, but it is not something that takes place regularly, and you should never count on it or be upset if you are unable to do the same. ;)

I agree with Toto.

It is not required of the cruiseline to automatically re-adjust for each and every passenger if the price drops in order to fill empty staterooms onboard. This is a sales mechanism to fill the ship prior to sailing.

The onus is on the passenger to continue monitoring the selling price of the product (in this case the cruise you as a pax book), and liaising with the booking agency (TA in an office, online booking agency TA etc) to affect any changes possible.

The working relationship you have developed with your TA combined with his/her working realtionship with the cruiseline will directly affect the outcome of the appeakl forprice reduction process.

In either case, once you have booked with a cruiseline (Princess or other) it is seldom that your booked price will be reduced by the cruiseline without cancelling one and rebooking. This can be dangerous if you have already been confirmed into the stateroom category and stateroom you had initially booked. The question in that case is...how big a gambler are you?

Ciao for now!!!

Without judgment, opinions, or calculations, the answer to the OP of whether Princess gives price adjustment or OBC after final payment is, YES! If I had read some of the posts on this thread, I would have thought don't bother to ask after final payment. Of all the boards/forums, I find CC to be most inconsistent with information, with opinions often posted as facts. It's kinda hard for a newbie sorting through 3 answers to the the same question, with CSR with a 4 possibility. Remember the good ole' days when you booked a trip and got excited just thinking about what it's going to be like:D I still can't get the one information I find so valuable on other boards, where do I book the cheapest trip :-(. I do know asking for this is against the rules....FACT :-)

Hey - I said folks here were wonderful not always right :)...

The way I see it is you agreed to the price that was posted on the given date, your final payment. You had the option to cancel and rebook when the price went down or stick with what you got. They did not make you book the cruise and when you did you agreed to their terms.

Airlines fees change almost minute by minute based on sales. Thanks to change fee's it is almost not worth doing anything about it as you will end up taken a hit in the long run. Not in every case as a relative traveling to Europe had their airfare price drop $350. With the Delta $250 change fee for international they still got $100 back.

Just forget about it and go have a good time on vacation.

If another airline wld give u a rebate if their prices go down, u wldn't try to get the same deal from your airline??

Besides, remember the old business rule 'contracts were made to be broken or renegotiated'!! :)

Sure agree with your last statement though - 'go have a good time on vacation'!

As for 'moi' - I will also try & have extra cash in my pocket not the cruiselines :)

Have happy cruisin'!

If you buy a product (coats, tv's) you used the product already so you can't compare it to a cruise you haven't taken yet. The only way to compare that TV to the cruise would be AFTER you took the cruise.

If Princess wants to stay competitive they need to pacify their members by allowing them to take advantage of fare reductions up to sailing. If they want people to book early they need to drop the price of people who paid more and call them.

Have you ever seen mark downs in the grocery stores? Many people only buy day old bread because of the reduced price. If people carry that philosophy to the cruise then people will only book within 70 days of sailing to get that markdown and Princess will have an occupancy rate problem.

U just stated it more clearly...:)

IMHO opinion, the reason behind the different answers on this message board in reguards to this subject is that some find they received a price drop after final payment once, or maybe even twice (because the price drop was not a flash promotion), and they swear to others that this is available when booking a Princess cruise.

This in turn gets other passengers thinking that they too will get a price decease after final payment date if prices drop. Yes, you should check if a price drop occurs, but the idea that everyone will be able to do this, or that this often happens is totally misinformation.

Congratulations to those that were able to get their TA or Princess to give them the benefit of the price decrease after final payment date (due to there being no flash promotion involved). Yes, this can happen occasionally. But it is NOT, I repeat, NOT the normal practice when booking a Princess cruise.

As I said previously, it happens about as often as you see those that received great upgrades from one category to a higher one. Yes, it can happen, but it is not something that takes place regularly, and you should never count on it or be upset if you are unable to do the same. ;)

I agree too.

Its called actual experience and opinions.

Too bad people are berated for telling their experiences.

Chances of getting a price difference refund after final is few and far between.

Hey - I said folks here were wonderful not always right :)...

:D:D:D I agree!

Keep ASKING and hope for the best because miracle/price drops do happen :-).

I hope everyone will experience the price drop and upgrade fairy at least once. I have experienced both so far....beginers luck I bet

Probably not. When prices are lowered after final payment, the new rates apply to new bookings only.

I guess this is sort of the opposite of the upgrade fairy. We should come up with a name for this, something like the price gremlin. :mad:

RCCL/Celebrity are happy to refund the difference of a lower price up until the day of the cruise. I have received $100's of $'s refunded after my final payment. The key here is that I have to call them and make them aware of the refund! So I have to monitor pricing weekly!

This is the first I'm hearing of Princess policy! I think it sucks and is just another reason why Celebrity is a superior cruise line. If it weren't for the comp suite upgrade I received, I wouldn't be sailing with Princess. They consistently try to screw you!

This is the first I'm hearing of Princess policy! I think it sucks and is just another reason why Celebrity is a superior cruise line. If it weren't for the comp suite upgrade I received, I wouldn't be sailing with Princess. They consistently try to screw you!

Maybe you should give up the cabin that you were screwed into and cruise on celebrity???? :rolleyes:

Your a real smart_ _ _! I love Celebrity but let me emphasize again, I'll take the COMP SUITE UPGRADE! I will be sailing Celebrity or others after! Princess is slack in many areas, you need to read ALL the other Princess threads so that your more informed!:rolleyes:

RCCL/Celebrity are happy to refund the difference of a lower price up until the day of the cruise. I have received $100's of $'s refunded after my final payment. The key here is that I have to call them and make them aware of the refund! So I have to monitor pricing weekly!

This is the first I'm hearing of Princess policy! I think it sucks and is just another reason why Celebrity is a superior cruise line. If it weren't for the comp suite upgrade I received, I wouldn't be sailing with Princess. They consistently try to screw you![/quote]

Just remember they allow you to take wine for the occasion:p:D

This is the first I'm hearing of Princess policy! I think it sucks and is just another reason why Celebrity is a superior cruise line. If it weren't for the comp suite upgrade I received, I wouldn't be sailing with Princess. They consistently try to screw you![/quote]

Just remember they allow you to take wine for the occasion:p:D

coffee ->->->-> monitor!

Good one, Pauline!!

I booked about two months ago for a summer cruise. Made final payment last Friday. Went online Sunday and saw a big price drop. Not sure when it started - I was a little upset that TA had not seen it or had seen it and not applied it before final payment. I called Princess since my TA was closed, they assured me of the price drop (was not a typpo) and told me they could not credit me because of the use of a TA, but assured me they would have. Told me to call TA for credit. Customer service agent told me it was a regional discount because of where I live (in the USA). Spoke with TA Monday and on Tuesday Princess issued a credit to my AMEX card.

This is my first Princess cruise. RCCL has always refunded a price drop if requested. Most people don't even know where to look and TA's don't check every customer's cruise every week. It's like coupons and rebates. They are out there for all to use, but only about 1/2 of 1% get applied.

I am very excited about our cruise on the Grand. I may even use some of our refund for a cabin upgrade.

Yes, that's a downside of booking early, that once you give final payment you're stuck with that price.

But look on the bright side, you probably got a good airfare because you booked well in advance, or maybe you're even traveling with miles.

It's great to get flash promotions for cruises that depart really soon, but it's often a nightmare to find a matching good last-minute airfare...and if you do find both at the same time..then you get very lucky..now you just need enough vacation-time from work and money.

I hope you have a great time onboard. Be happy, you'll be cruising!!!:)

Having sailed both RCL and Princess (I much prefer Princess and, in fact, will never sail RCL again)) I would be happy if the complaining RCL passengers never set foot on a Princess ship while I am sailing on her. All Brits are welcome- "American bashing" or otherwise- since they are generally better company than RCL passengers.

What are your favorite things about Princess? I am new to Princess and we thoroughly enjoyed the RCCL Independence and Liberty. What can I expect this summer? We are on the Grand for a 7 day Scandinavian.

Pools like no other

great evening entertainment

Dancing

lots of attention to detail

******afternoon tea*******

anytime dining (with or without reservations)

less activities on deck

lower overall energy that could be considered boring to a go-go personality

lots of classes, seminars, demonstartions

nice buffets, MDR good not great (very subjective)

Meetings (Bill W., GLBT "Rainbow", Singles)

You will miss some things from RC but Princess her own charm and appeal.

Enjoy

Great staff

great food

great ships

great iteniaries

and best past passenger perks!!!

Seems according to other posters on this thread & now also Tbirdjoni, it wld seem Princess is now doing the RC 'thing' if asked of course & giving rebates after final payment, so u can add that to your list also! :)

Have happy cruisin'!

I have never paid Princess cruise rates!!

On my up coming cruise on the Sea Princess the Princess website offered me a cabin rate of $1499.00 for an inside cabin and that included my repeat cruiser discount.

I booked a higher category of cabin for $999.00 but I booked through a discount broker. I watched the fares and my discounter dropped to $899.00 on the same cabin after final payment for a few days. The went up to $1599.

Did I get a good rate. Yes I did because I saved $500.00 under the lowest fare Princess ever offered on their website.

Would my discounter drop my rate? No. Am I happy? Yes. Will I probably get a bottle of wine, even though I don't drink from my discounter? Yes.

Don

Archived