Princess R4 Class vs Azamara

Zouave

Everyone - my wife and I love the experience we've had on the Tahitian and Pacific Princess - what are the differences between the cruise lines - same class ship (we occupied a mini-suite and an owner's suite)?

Zouave

My last Princess cruise was some years ago. At the time, they made quite a few announcements every day, enticing people to bingo and other activities. This may have changed in the last few years - I hope it has.

On Azamara, they make one announcement per day, when they give the position at noon. Much better!

Lisa

One very important difference to me is Princess' smoking policy: Princess allows smoking on verandahs, in staterooms,lounges, etc. Azamara resticts smoking to two small areas on the ship, one on the pool deck, one in one lounge, no smoking anywhere else on the ship, not in staterooms, not in verandahs, not in hallways. Makes for a much better experience and is a deal breaker for me. I will not even consider Princess ( or the other similar lines for that matter) as long as their smoking policy is unchanged.

We've been on both Azamara ships. On both trips we have had excellent service, food, and interactions with both the ship's staff and crew and our fellow passengers. We like the smaller ship ambiance and relaxed atmosphere.

I cannot speak to the Princess experience as I have never sailed with them.

The OP is talking about the small Princess ships which are sister ships and the same size as Azamara and Oceania. Is there smoking allowed all over these Princess ships??? Anyone who has sailed on them know????

Sheila

The OP is talking about the small Princess ships which are sister ships and the same size as Azamara and Oceania. Is there smoking allowed all over these Princess ships??? Anyone who has sailed on them know????

Sheila

I was using Princess' published smoking policy as a reference, assuming that it applied to all Princess ships, but I think that the question is a good one; does anyone know for certain if the rule is applied differently to the smaller ships?

Sheila

Aussiegirl did a comparison on all 3 lines .....I cannot find it at the moment:(

We have been on Oceania, Azamara and the Royal Princess. We enjoyed all 3 cruises. Oceania and Azamara have slight advatages to Princess but we are crusing again on Princess this Summer as we liked their route best. :) All 3 lines have good points and not so good points and in our opinion offer great vacations!

I did do a comparision regarding the two ships a few weeks ago as we had just come off Azamara's Quest and we had been on the Tahitian Princess last September. Both cruises were for 14 days and both were in cold weather. One was to Far East Asia and the other was Alaska.

Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=957772 and my post was number 16.

Jennie

Archived