Lord Sheffield Review - this is the BEST!!!

viking30

Quick question...BBQ chicken AND ribs, or BBQ chicken OR ribs? If it's "OR", do you get to request which one you want?
Also, what are the chances of them running out of rum punch if it's a full ship? Me and my sweetie can put 'em away!:D

I hope its "And" as we are a group of 9 and some of us want ribs and the others want chicken! As for the drinks, we can definately put them away also!!! From what I hear our ship will be full, so I hope there's enough for us all!!! Can't wait. Its sounds like such fun!!!!!:D

We've been reading all the wonderful reviews for the Lord Sheffield and have decided to book. Has anyone who's been on the tour brought their own snorkelling equipment?

My Hubby and I are going on March 29th (no kids- 1st time leaving them at home:D ).

Happy cruising everyone!

Apparently it's BBQ ribs OR chicken...I inquired about the excursion and was informed they provide ribs (no mention of chicken). I don't mind at all...but my sister doesn't eat pork and is allergic to fish (they mentioned smoked oysters...how are they? anyone, anyone?)

So I guess it's fruit and cheese for her! Oh, well:) I'm sure we'll have a ball!

[quote name='stuffic']Quick question...BBQ chicken AND ribs, or BBQ chicken OR ribs? If it's "OR", do you get to request which one you want?
Also, what are the chances of them running out of rum punch if it's a full ship? Me and my sweetie can put 'em away!:D[/QUOTE]

Most places on Front Street, and I would assume at the pier shops, offer plenty of rums in the $4.00 range for a 750ml bottle. There are others for less. Grab your own bottle beforehand and sail away happy!

When we went in January it was Ribs (great ribs) but no chicken. FYI there is a grocery store about 100yds closer to downtown where you can buy liquor for very reasonable prices. They will even sell you a box ($2) if you want to carry some back to the ship. Stoli Razz at 6.75 per 750, great prices.

Hi everyone:
Well this thread sold us on this excursion.
But I can not get ahold of them. Tried emailing
2 different email address and tried both phone
#s. Always busy and no reply by email

[email]bookings@lordsheffield.com[/email]
011 (599) 552 0875 or 011 (599) 553 4804

any help would be appreciated

Dreamer

[quote name='Dreamer2000']Hi everyone:
Well this thread sold us on this excursion.
But I can not get ahold of them. Tried emailing
2 different email address and tried both phone
#s. Always busy and no reply by email

[email="bookings@lordsheffield.com"]bookings@lordsheffield.com[/email]
011 (599) 552 0875 or 011 (599) 553 4804

any help would be appreciated

Dreamer[/QUOTE]

I booked on [url="http://www.saint-martin-activities.com/"][color=#800080]www.saint-martin-activities.com[/color][/url] . They were very responsive and knowledgable.

Go to their webiste, click 'sailing day trips', then 'lord sheffield.

I reserved on a sunday, and had my confirmation 2 days later.

I was ready to book a daysail in St. Thomas and figured we would go to the beach in St. Maartin (maybe get crazy and do the Orient Beach thing...) but now I have read about this and am wondering... is it worth it to go sailing in both St. Thomas and St. Maartin? We live by the beach... so we are okay skipping seeing the beaches, but we have never been to either location before, so should we be seeing the towns at all? If we go on a daysail in St. Thomas, would it end up being boring to do it two days in a row? This one is so reasonably priced and seems like there would be time left to still see the town, that is why I am considering both of them.

I would like to do the daysail in St. Thomas since I hear the snorkeling is better there... anyone have opinions on whether I should bite the bullet and do this one as well?

Just booked a party for 10 on the 22nd of September. I asked Capt. Rob if he had any other reservations that day, and since he didn't he was willing to make it a private charter for a couple of hundred more. Averaged out to $80 per person. We have a group of 10 traveling together, so we thought it would be a good way for all of us to be together.

Thank you for all the wonderful info on this thread. The info here really helped us make the decision to book this excursion.

Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, a pirates life for me!:D

[quote name='kipper0961']Just booked a party for 10 on the 22nd of September. I asked Capt. Rob if he had any other reservations that day, and since he didn't he was willing to make it a private charter for a couple of hundred more. Averaged out to $80 per person. We have a group of 10 traveling together, so we thought it would be a good way for all of us to be together.

Thank you for all the wonderful info on this thread. The info here really helped us make the decision to book this excursion.

Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, a pirates life for me!:D[/QUOTE]

You will find him very accomodating. I am glad you booked. You will not be disappointed at all.

Sounds a fantastic trip. Can anybody tell me how easy it is to get back into the boat after snorkelling and also is there a toilet on board? Does the trip give you anytime on a beach, or are you sailing the entire day.

Many thanks.

Sue

My husband and I were lucky enough to go on the Lord Sheffield when we were in St. Martin. It was so beautiful. I think the day with these folks could be whatever it is you want it to be. The hospitality was fabulous. We had bbq ribs, however, the crew accommodated some vegetarians on the trip with veggie burgers. I sat in the sun for the entire trip, except when I jumped into the water to feed the angel fish. I was surrounded by swarms. It was so cool. We had our own snorkel gear, but it looked like the stuff they had was of nice quality. I don't think life gets any better than this. Wish I could bottle the day and take it out when the Northern Michigan winter sends me over the edge!

We were on the Lord Sheffield in early March. We had a great time. The ribs were awesome.The day was perfect as was the crew. This is a sailing excursion. There was no beach time. We went down to the end of the island to snorkel but the swells were to big so we went back to another snorkling spot. I wish we could have visited the beach and actually had more time to snorkel. The winds were not cooperating. The crew let my 15 year old son drive quite a bit and that kept him occupied. The crew was really good with him. Derek (15) had a ball. Food was great and we had a very relaxing day. I would highly recommend this to everyone. Yes, my son jumped off the mast - dummy did it when I didnot have the camera rolling. URRGH! If you go be prepared to be pampered and to relax.

Archived