Lord Sheffield Review - this is the BEST!!!

viking30

Caribbean Crazy; We did the Lord Sheffield on our first and hopefully NOT last visit to St. Marten. I would HIGHLY recommend this excursion to everyone, it was the BEST! From what we saw, and heard, of the traffic on St. Marten, I would not recommend "simply driving around to beaches and shops". :eek: Vacation should be relaxing not stressful!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've been trying to contact Capt. Rob for the past couple weeks to confirm a booking we have in a couple weeks but no answer. Has anyone sailed with him lately? Not sure if he's getting my EMails and want to make sure things are OK

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Hi

I've been trying to contact Capt. Rob for the past couple weeks to confirm a booking we have in a couple weeks but no answer. Has anyone sailed with him lately? Not sure if he's getting my EMails and want to make sure things are OK

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Iceman,

If you want to send me your contact info at ralph_wighham@yahoo.com, I'll make sure that Rob gets it. We are in pretty frequent contact, althought the internet service down-island is sometimes pretty spotty!

Rod

WOWWWWWWWW! This was an amazing excursion. We went last week from the Serenade of the Seas. It was very relaxing and not touristy. Caption Rob has his cousin Erica helping and her friend Veronica. They all were so friendly and accomadating. Any questions, feel free to ask. Iceman2- has he responded to you yet? I'm sure he will as soon as he can, they are a well-run company.

A word of caution to those who have booked the Lord Sheffield. I booked thru St. Martins Activities back in October for March 23, 2005. Yesterday I decided to double check w/ Capt. Rob to make sure he had our reservation. He didn't, his ship is now booked for that day, and now we're not going to be able to enjoy the Lord Sheffield. I believe it was a misfortune that I booked that far in advance. He thinks that since they were a new company, he didn't have his 2005 calendar up at that point. When St. Martins Activities called the reservation in, it was written down and then never transferred to a 2005 calendar. Capt. Rob has been truly apologetic and I'm not writing this to say anything bad about his company or excursion. I truly believe it's a fabulous excursion for anyone to do. I want to let those know that if you did book far in advance, double check with him and make sure it's on the calendar. I guess I'll have to wait another time to try this. We are really disappointed.

In reply to 2VaCruisers (whom I just e-mailed). At saint-martin-activities.com, we are a discount on-line activities desk, we receive many reservations from cruiseship passengers. The Lord Sheffield has been our best selling activities for the last four months! It is a great trip and we even offer a $3 discount per person. We get many customers who literally book months in advance.

We work very closely together with Captain Rob and his crew. It seems that this particular reservation slipped through the cracks, it is very unfortunate, but it can happen. I do understand from Rob that the crewmember who took the booking at the time no longer works for him!

Anyway, we will make it up to the 2VaCruisers, and everyone else just keep booking! This is truly a unique sailing trip!

Robert

Does anyone know if Lord Sheffield operates in June? It looks as if they may go back to Canada...what a shame for us!

All,

Just wish to clarify this... the Lord Sheffield operates year round in St Maarten. We will not be going back to Canada.

Sincerely,

Captain Rob

Captain Rob: We were with you in December and had a really great time! I'm going back to St. Martin this coming December and wanted to book with you again. We are going with a small group. My friend emailed you guys to get some info and found out that you changed your sailing time from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Is this correct?

By the way, did Lord Sheffield get on TV? They were videoing for the St. Martin show while we were with you. Unfortunately, I decided to join the sing along!

Marly

We were on the Lord Sheffield on Jan 5 and recommend it highly for a very relaxing excursion. We had mentioned it to our tablemates-a family of four, 2 girls 11 and 13- first night of cruise and they were able to email Rob from the ship and book. There were only the six of us aboard. A wonderful sail! Would absolutely do it again. Thanks , Captain Rob, Erica and Veronica.

It's a very laid back cruise. They advertise that the ship can hold up to 25 people. But from my experience and from what I've read on this board, their average group is much much smaller than that. As to drinking, rum punch is available, but so are other non-alcoholic drinks. I wouldn't say it's a wild pirate ship experience at all and would be totally suitable for children.

Rob and Erica and the rest of their staff and friends were very, very nice and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and having a good time.
Marly

One of the main reasons we would go on such a trip would be for the deserted beach/snorkeling concept. Is this something they specialize in, or is the boat trip the main thrust of the day? We're most interested in doing the snorkeling, so if they only do a half hour of it, it's not the right trip for us.

How much does it cost per adult?

Thanks for your info!

Birdnutty, No, snorkeling is not the main focus of this sail. When they drop anchor, you do have half hour to 45 minutes for swim or snorkeling, but you seem to want much more. We paid 50 pp. Well worth it, IMHO. Muzzy

We just got back from our cruise on the CP yesterday and I can't say enough about Lord Sheffields. It was the highlight of our trip. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The beach they took us to for snorkeling was gorgeous. As we were sailing along, sipping rum punch and nibbling on barbecued ribs, we saw several much larger, more crowded boats and were so happy to be where we were. Veronica and Erica even took our kids on a short motorboat ride when they couldn't fit on the trip to pick up passengers who had been relaxing on the beach. When we got home, we asked our kids what their favorite part of our cruise was, and they said, "Riding on the pirate ship." I would add that it would be a great excursion for adults with or without children.

The boat is a short walk from the pier (about 10 minutes). We made it easily there and back with some time to shop too. I highly recommend this trip. It is a fantastic day and a great deal. Can't say enough about it. Thank you to the CC members who recommended it on here.
[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2782979"][img]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/quote.gif[/img][/url]

BIG SIGH...now I'm really bummed that we're not going to be able to go on the Lord Sheffield, after looking forward to it for the past few months. All these wonderful reviews :confused: What I'm afraid of is that word will get out (I think it already has) and if I get back to St. Maarten in 2006, it'll be impossible to book. Guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. Glad the rest of you are enjoying your time on the pirate ship. Have a sip or rum punch for me!

Robin

Kruz...I thank you for the suggestion, however, the check in time for this excursion is 8:15 and our ship's arrival time is 8:00. I just don't think we could pull that one off. We've gone ahead and decided to go the the beach at the DIVI resort, and then a little shopping. Hopefully we'll get back to St. Maarten next year and try to get on the Lord Sheffield again. Thanks for taking the time, tho!! :D

Robin

Archived