Lord Sheffield Review - this is the BEST!!!

viking30

[quote name='MEcruzr']QLOTP,

I'm waiting to hear if there might be room on the same day that you're going. I'll have two teens with me, are you bringing any kids in your group of 9?

Stacy[/QUOTE]

Stacy, I think we have a full ship, at least according to these boards. But maybe Capt. Rob will squeeze you and your kids in. Yes, we have a total of 5 kids(teens)- 14,13,12,10 &10. What cruise ship are you sailing on? We are on the Explorer. Good luck and let me know if yo get reservations.

We'll be on the Lord Sheffield 4/6/05 with 6 children, 5, 7, 11, 12, 13 & 14! Hope there are children our trip!! :)

And did someone say oysters???

[font=Arial][size=2]Kelly Purcell
REALTOR®
Technology Leads Manager[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2]WEICHERT, REALTORS®
Peggy Wilson & Associates
1923 E. Main St.
Duncan, SC 29334
Cell: 864-809-3479[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][b]Office website: [/b][url="http://www.wrpwa.com"][b][color=#800080]www.wrpwa.com[/color][/b][/url][/font]
[font=Arial]
[b]Family website: [/b][url="http://www.thebunchofus.com"][b][color=#800080]www.thebunchofus.com[/color][/b][/url][/font]

[quote name='2CruiseNow']We are booked for May 4 with Lord Sheffield! Hooray! We are arriving on the Caribbean Princess. Does anyone know if the CP is on ship's time or island time? I definately do not want to miss this excursion!! Thanks! :)[/QUOTE]
Caribbean Princess changes to Island time before you get to St. Thomas. Now that we have daylight savings time I do not know if it will change at all though. If atlantic time does not observe daylight savings time then they will be the same regardless. Just check the princess patter and they will tell you when to set the clock ahead an hour. If in doubt, go to the pursers desk to verify.

Have a great time and DO NOT miss the boat! It is truly awesome!

I think it depends on if the toddlers can swim well. I do not know if they can truly appreciate it or enjoy it as much as the adults but see no reason why they would not love it. I do not know how adept at snorkeling a toddler could be but they would love being in the water with the fish if not afraid of the water to begin with. Maybe someone with smaller children can answer better than I. I took my 17 year old with me. I cannot honestly say she would have enjoyed it when she was a toddler though.

• 2 weeks later...
Where is Lord Sheffield's located exactly? Will we have any trouble finding it? We are arriving on the Caribbean Princess on May 3. Can someone give me directions once we leave the ship? Thanks so much! I am so excited about this excursion!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back and will write a full review when I can, but will say the Lord Sheffield was perfect for my family (3 girls 11,8,6) who love to swim and snorkel. If you have young ones who are not comfortable in the water this probably isn't for them as there isn't anything else to do but enjoy the ride up and down the coast and the swim along the gorgeous bay. There were a few young kids on the boat that I think don't enjoyed it at at all. If you and your kids enjoy the water and sailing I can't recommend this enough.

Very easy to get to. Walk through the dock area to the street and hang a left. Sidewalk between palm trees for about a 5-8 minute walk to Dock Maarten (yellow building you can't miss) and your there. We boarded just before 11am and returned about 3:30pm.

Have fun!!!

Just got home from our cruise on 5/2/05 and saw this thread. FYI- My children 5 (girl)& 7(boy) absolutely loved the trip. Said it was the best part of their cruise. 7 yo can swim, 5 yo can only float with floaties. I was a nervous wreck as the life preserves for the children are uncomfortable and not the best fit. (I was afraid the entire time my children were going to fall off.) If able to, bring your own children's life vests for comfort and everybody will enjoy the trip including Mom. Captain and crew were terriffic and did everything they could to make our trip enjoyable. I didn't drink anything besides coke but the ribs, cheese and bread were great too. (I passed on the smoked oysters) Also....anyone prone to motion sickness make sure you take a bonine or dramine as a safety measure. All that said, next time we are in St Marten we plan on taking the trip again and referring it to all our cruise friends. It was a memorable day.

Just wanted to add a note about the motion sickness. I took two Bonine pills and still got sick on the Lord Sheffield. It was rather rough that day however. They had the red flags up on the beach where we stopped to swim.

If you are prone to motion sickness like I am, you would probably be better off on a catamaran as opposed to the Lord Sheffield.

But if you don't get sick like I did, the Lord Sheffield is a nice trip. I won't say it was the highlight of our trip, the Silver Moon in Barbados get those honors, but it was still a nice excursion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We did the Lord Sheffied just last week and it was terrific. Captain Rob and the gals go out of their way to make every comortable. I loved riding in the bow sprit of the boat. The only thing that made me nervous as a grandma was all the little (under *) kids wandering the boat with no vest. If you have a small one you might want to get a comfortable vest they can wear. If you do this excursion you really have no time for anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
Really fancy doing the Lord Sheffield. We are docked from 8.00 - 5.00. The last time we were here we did not have time to shop. If we did this trip would we have any shopping time? Can't remember if the shoppping area was near the pier?

Archived