Review of our Spring Break cruise on Carnival Legend

PaulMedik

Any guesses as to what this is?;

2860123450065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

After dinner we returned to our room and found a duck or some kind of fowl perched on our bed;

2125838530065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Karen had Britt's bed swapped from the boys room couch to our couch;

2861981360065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

We also had a notice about our shareholders credit;

2149196210065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Karen checked in on the boys and made sure they were in bed;

2369736880065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Our first day on board was behind us and we had six full days ahead along with a day at sea so we went to bed and slept the deep restful sleep that only comes onboard ships. Well I did. As night fell the winds picked up and the ship began to rock quite a bit. Through out the night it was really rocking up and down, left and right, forward and back. Karen did not fare quite so well as I. More on that later. I have to take a break.

wow....nice review.....funny and great pictures

i feel on your son and his army men,....my 10y/o insist on bringing his...he get on the plane with about 1 million of them....by the end of the cruise he has about 10....swears he has them all ....lol

hey ...how did you balance the margarita on the balcony rail...:D

wow....nice review.....funny and great pictures

i feel on your son and his army men,....my 10y/o insist on bringing his...he get on the plane with about 1 million of them....by the end of the cruise he has about 10....swears he has them all ....lol

hey ...how did you balance the margarita on the balcony rail...:D

Ravi360,

At that point it was so smooth I could have lined the rail from end to end and they'd have stayed. :) I'm sure I'd have fell overboard though. :eek:

We just bought an Olympus Stylus 1030SW for our cruise in 2 weeks! We haven't used it yet, but we're very impressed the quality of your pictures!! They look great! What kind do you have?

BrookeLH2

Olympus Stylus 1050SW for the underwater pics. The normal pics are from my 12 MP Kodak Z1285 and 5MP Kodak DX7590.

We just bought an Olympus Stylus 1030SW for our cruise in 2 weeks! We haven't used it yet, but we're very impressed the quality of your pictures!! They look great! What kind do you have?

Woops, I just realized I didn't mention that I was referring to your underwater pictures! The clarity is great.

I know you had good views all the time but if you had to choose which side would be better port or starboard?

Sanger Cruiser,

Starboard. I liked seeing Channelside as we pulled away in Tampa.

In Grand Cayman it was moot because we faced in toward the island so both sides had great views. The view in GC is also dictated by the wind direction and can change from week to week as well as during a visit.

In Cozumel We faced Ruby Princess at the pier. I think Ruby Princess is heading to Europe so it's anyone's guess as to what ship will dock beside Legend. If the ship is Celebrity then I'd rather be on port side to view the port in Cozumel. Docking orders may change there there at any time depending on which ship arrives first.

Belize is a tender port.

In Roatan we faced toward the sea and facing the port may have been more scenic. Carnival is building their own port in Roatan scheduled to open in June or July so it's anyone's guess how they'll dock there.

Sanger Cruiser,

Starboard. I liked seeing Channelside as we pulled away in Tampa.

In Grand Cayman it was moot because we faced in toward the island so both sides had great views. The view in GC is also dictated by the wind direction and can change from week to week as well as during a visit.

In Cozumel We faced Ruby Princess at the pier. I think Ruby Princess is heading to Europe so it's anyone's guess as to what ship will dock beside Legend. If the ship is Celebrity then I'd rather be on port side to view the port in Cozumel. Docking orders may change there there at any time depending on which ship arrives first.

Belize is a tender port.

In Roatan we faced toward the sea and facing the port may have been more scenic. Carnival is building their own port in Roatan scheduled to open in June or July so it's anyone's guess how they'll dock there.

Thank you, of course we are on port side but the good news is our friends are on the Starboard side.

Hi Paul...

Was your credit for you shares of stock on your docs before sailing or was that note in your room when you 1st knew it had been taken care of? I faxed off my documents about a week ago for my upcoming cruise but I don't see it as OBC yet.

We have never met, but we sailed the Liberty with you last summer.

I always enjoy your reviews!

Tanya

Hi Paul,

My name is Deena and I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review and post your pictures. You have a beautiful family! My family and I, along with another family, will be sailing on The Legend in August. This will be our very first Carnival cruise. We have previously sailed on Disney and Royal Carib. The children in our combined group include 3 girls - the opposite of your 3 very handsome sons!!!

Thanks again,

Deena

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Hi Paul...

Was your credit for you shares of stock on your docs before sailing or was that note in your room when you 1st knew it had been taken care of? I faxed off my documents about a week ago for my upcoming cruise but I don't see it as OBC yet.

We have never met, but we sailed the Liberty with you last summer.

I always enjoy your reviews!

Tanya

Tanya,

Thank you.

I sent our stock information in to the Carnival Research Dept in January of '08 for all of our cruises that we had booked at that time. They sent a confirmation email for all of those bookings which included Legend.

The OBC also showed up on our online documents and in the Modify Booking area of the Carnival Website. (Log in to Carnival.com, select your booking number then click the link and it will take you to the correct area)

Monday was our first full day on board and our first 'Fun Day at Sea.'

I didn't wake up until 9:00 and Karen had already been up before 7:00 and taken Britt to Camp Carnival. She had not only been up before 7:00, she had also been up several times throughout the night; the ship's movement was a little too much for her. The waves had calmed down, but the wind was still wreaking a little havoc with the comfort levels on the ship;

2946450250065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2065773340065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

The maintenance staff arrived ~ 11:00 to open the balcony divider. Well, instead of opening it like I expected, they removed the entire divider;

2539386930065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

And took it with them;

2801135260065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

By this time Karen had tried a couple of Zofran ODT tablets, but they weren't kicking in too well. I prepared her a Hot whirlpool bath to soak in and dull her senses. The hot bath works by laying down in the bath and allowing your ears to become hot inside thus numbing the movement sensors. The dangerous aspect is that once you stand up, you will be dizzy because your peripheral vessels are also dilated and your BP will drop. If you are a heart attack candidate, this will induce an MI so don't try it.

After the hot whirlpool I assisted her to the bed where her nausea subsided in a few minutes;

2024462850065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

I bought a Garmin Nuvi GPS to use while we were in Florida and to become familiar with so I could give it to my Mother for her birthday. Karen and I both have GPS in our vehicles, but this was our first experience with a mobile GPS other than an older model I have with topo maps instead of road maps. The Garmin figured out where we were and calculated distances to gas stations, hospitals etc and from Channelside perfectly. I also compared the GPS map to the Carnival TV map and the TV map was off by a few hundred miles everytime I checked it. Apparently the TV map is a generic course map and not an actual location.

2224501140065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

When Bryson rolled out of bed he decided their balcony furniture needed moved to adjust to the larger area;

2745832030065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

And then he layed back down. Teen agers sleep a lot don't they?

2154272250065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

At noon Karen picked Britt up and he stopped by the Pizza counter for some lunch. (As you can see by the pic, hot whirlpools do work well for seasickness. Less than an hour after tossing her cookies she was woofing down pizza);

2154272250065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

We also received mail around noon;

2389199380065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Should I post that guys picture again who asked it I was taking it for evidence? Nah, I'm sure he did his best. Today was a Day at Sea and formal or Cruise Elegant night so we'd have plenty of time to make it to dinner.

The rest of the week was our biggest concern with four ports in a row. How do you get three boys back in from a busy day at port and get them ready for dinner at 6:00PM? Impossible. Not only impossible, but irrelevant because you can't keep them from eating as soon as they return because they're starved at that point.

My guess is this will be the hangout for the S&S during the day? If so, that hot tub is open until midnight and there was NEVER anybody in it late in the evening and it was actually hot;

2056227240065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

The midship pools were full of kids and noise;

2832262590065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

I found Karen on the deck over looking the midship pool;

2114351530065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

After finding Karen, I found my eight year old torturing a friend of his in the hot tub;

2157424240065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Britt's two older brothers have him tough as nails. When the friend picked on him, he proceeded to torture the poor child. Just after this pic, Britt pulled the boy back into the hot tub and pounded him some more;

2814903640065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived