Misc. Glory questions

bridetobe53108

We are cruising on the Glory in June and I have some random questions after reading reviews...

1. I hear this is a difficult ship to get around. Some of the decks don't go all the way across. Any tips on the easiest floor to use to get from one end of the ship to the other?

2. Room number 9201 (category 4G)- I know the Carnival guys said this room wasn't a regular inside cabin- it has an obstructed view or something- does anyone know about this room?

3. Is there no smoking in the cigar bar?

4. I hear the ship is a smoky one due to the layout- thoughts on this? Is it bearable or what?

5. Do they have an icecream bar on the sea days, WITH TOPPINGS?

6. Do they offer the coffee card at the specialty shop?

I think that's it for now, thanks!

We are cruising on the Glory in June and I have some random questions after reading reviews...

1. I hear this is a difficult ship to get around. Some of the decks don't go all the way across. Any tips on the easiest floor to use to get from one end of the ship to the other?

2. Room number 9201 (category 4G)- I know the Carnival guys said this room wasn't a regular inside cabin- it has an obstructed view or something- does anyone know about this room?

4. I hear the ship is a smoky one due to the layout- thoughts on this? Is it bearable or what?

The middle elevators dont go up to the lido deck, but we didnt find the ship category hard to get around.

4G looks at a wall, used to be a 6B cabin, so it should also be 220 s.f. as it was a OV category until recently. You can see a little ocean over the wall if you are up against the window and it will let in light and you can walk out on the deck

sure you should be able to smoke in the cigar bar

soft serve is always free, there is also pay ice cream with toppings.

Iv heard there is a coffee card, plus you can get capachino and espresso free in the dining room with or after meals.

Thank you Firefly!!

Can you give me any more info. on room 9201? This is dumb, but what do you mean it looks at a wall? If there is a wall there, how can you walk out on deck? Last time we cruised we had a room with obstructed windows- the little lifeboats hung in front of them, but for the same price as an interior room the natural light and the little view of the water was nice.

Also, I recently heard that the room is in a bad spot because it is near stairs and is noisy. Do you know anything about that? I asked our guy at Carnival and he offerred to switch us to 9203. Do you know anything about that room?

4G looks at a wall, used to be a 6B cabin, so it should also be 220 s.f. as it was a OV category until recently. You can see a little ocean over the wall if you are up against the window and it will let in light and you can walk out on the deck

Thank you Firefly!!

Can you give me any more info. on room 9201? This is dumb, but what do you mean it looks at a wall? If there is a wall there, how can you walk out on deck? Last time we cruised we had a room with obstructed windows- the little lifeboats hung in front of them, but for the same price as an interior room the natural light and the little view of the water was nice.

Also, I recently heard that the room is in a bad spot because it is near stairs and is noisy. Do you know anything about that? I asked our guy at Carnival and he offerred to switch us to 9203. Do you know anything about that room?

There is a door to the outside on the port side at the end of the hallway. I've been out there plenty on other ships, but the Glory in January had it locked all but the day we were in Nassau. We went out there for sailaway and within 5 minutes security was there telling us it was a private area and to leave. :confused: Don't know if it's a fleetwide change or just the Glory.

BTW - the "Cigar" bar on the Glory no longer allows cigar smoking - just regular cigarettes. The sports bar is the only inside place that allows cigars now.

No toppings on the Glory for the soft serve- have had it on other ships.

Don't know about noise issues for your particular room but we had 9207 (second balcony in) and it was very quiet. Very little traffic makes it all the way forward like that so the halls tend to be quiet.

Two points I would add:

On getting around the ship - Decks 3 and 4, which are the dining room decks, do not go through from one end of the ship to the other. Your best bet is to use deck 5, the Promenade Deck. Decks 1, 2, and 6-8 go through as well, but they're cabin decks.

On the cigar bar - On Glory, cigar smoking is permitted in the sports bar on deck 5. The Ivory Club, which is on deck 4 aft and would be the cigar bar on other ships of this class, does not permit cigar smoking (although I think cigarette smoking was permitted).

Just off the Glory April 18

Coffee card is available at Creamers(coffee bar). Has amazing desserts for $2 each(strawberry cheesecake, fat carrot cake, gooey chocolate brownie ETC)

Cigar smoking allowed in the sports bar.

never really found it to be smoky. The was smoking allowed on the starboard side outside decks.

No icecream bar that I found. Soft serve available 24hrs a day.

Archived