Price Reduction - Equinox Ancient Empires - 09/26/09

Xport

First post but have been lurking since completing my first cruise in more than twenty years--aboard Solstice--back in March... I've become so hooked on Celebrity, on its new class of ships, and on AquaClass that I've since reserved three more trips between September 2009 and June 2010...

I booked the trip in caption while still aboard Solstice and, this morning, was really surprised to see that the price for the same trip/class of service has been reduced by $1100! Called Celebrity and immediately got the substantial reduction... Don't know if there have been fare reductions in other than AquaClass... It isn't a 55+ discount [i've seen those displayed as such on the website]; perhaps--but don't know; the rep I spoke with didn't identify it as such--if it's a residency discount [i'm from Florida]...

Thought other members with similar plans might want to take a look...

Absolutely!! I first was told about the price reduction in the UK by my trusted TA about 3 years ago. Every cruise I have taken since that time I have had several price drops and had them applied to my booking less the TA commission.

Some TA's are not keen to do it but if you look at the contract details in the back of the X brochure you will note the remarks regarding price drops. Just bring this to the attention of your TA and be persistant if at first they are not keen to do it.

I too am watching the prices for August and September.

Sue

I looked up the website and lo and behold - there is a price reduction for the Equinox 8/8/09 cruise as well! And this time Celebrity is willing to honor it, unlike the last one, which they claimed applied only to bookings made outside the US. Many thanks!!

Hello,

We have saved $3030AUS on our cruise, we are on Equinox Ancient Empires 18/08/2009. Our TA did not believe us, we rang Celebrity and they were kind enough to fax the TA the reduced price invoice. That is here is Australia and it seems that maybe Celebrity are the only cruiseline that you give the reduced price, I am really impressed by that.

Realize that TA's come in all levels of competence just as in other professions, but two posts reference TA's (in UK?) that are 'reluctant' to follow up on price reductions and one in AUS that the customer had to call Celebrity and fax the info to?

All I can say is....Wow. Time to shop around.

Understand there may be different rules, but the AUS TA didn't know a basic about Celebrity (and I assume many other lines) and when told, wouldn't check on their own.

Our friends here in FL used a TA. I went direct. They don't check cc or the Celebrity website much and when I saw drops and informed them, they went to their TA who followed up, but wasn't aware either. I realize TA's have a number of customers, but shouldn't the TA be checking for their customer and informing them?

Not trying to start the TA-on own wars, just an observation.

Denny

Archived