Making Dinner Reservations on Spirit

Edso

I made our reservations the same day we boarded the ship. There was a table set up in the main foyer with dining room staff. You can also call from your room, or visit the individual dining rooms at your leisure.

Just remember that passengers in an "ordinary" cabin or without high level Latitudes status can only make reservations 24 hours in advance. Only passengers in full suites can reserve the full week in advance, and they can do that through their concierge, so they do not have to go to the desk or restaurant. Some other classes of passenger have 48 or 72 hour advance reservation windows.

To avoid crowds, dine early or late. Sometimes you can get a 2 for 1 special in certain restaurants during certain hours (usually the first hour they are open). That varies from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

You can go early or late to avoid any real crowds. There is a counter next to the main desk that can do any reservations and you can look at the dinner menus for that day or the next day (ask for tomorrows menu).

You can go early or late to avoid any real crowds. There is a counter next to the main desk that can do any reservations and you can look at the dinner menus for that day or the next day (ask for tomorrows menu).

The menus do not change from day-to-day at the extra charge specialty restaurants, which the OP was asking about.

As for the main dining rooms, there is a line that begins to form before the dining room opens. If you wait a half hour that line disappears, there will still be plenty of tables left to walk right in, no wait whatsoever. This would be the best time to dine at the main dining rooms.

Many dine late and will show up at the main dining rooms just after the first show. This is probably the worst time to show up. Again its not a bad idea to wait another half hour before dining. Avoid the cattle lines. From the reviews I have read in the past, the ones that complain of the long lines dine just after the first show. This may work with traditional dining, but it will be a disaster with freestyle anytime dining.

With the surcharged speciality restaurants I book after breakfast for that night or if you are in a balcony possibly the next night. Suite passengers can use their concierge to book for the entire week. I may not get my preferred time, but I will be able to book a reservation.

Selecting a dining time that won't have you enduring a long wait for a table is similar to what you would expect to do at a land-based restaurant. Dine early or late. I expect that times between 7 and 8:30 are going to be the most popular and the times when you are most likely to experience a wait. With a little foresight and good planning you can avoid the lines. The ships also have message boards outside the various restaurants that will indicate the current wait times at the various locations. If you encounter a long wait at your restaurant of choice, you can see if there is an acceptable alternative that will involve less waiting.:)

Adding to above, the two main dining rooms do not require reservations. Blue Lagoon and buffet do not require reservations. Right at opening and right after the early show are often very busy. We never waited more than a few minutes to get a table.

Archived