Calling All Zuiderdam Experts

Appgrad

I am planning an April 2005 cruise on the Zuiderdam. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a cigar bar on the ship? Do they have a good selection of cigars to buy?

2. Has anyone stayed in any of the aft balcony cabins? 4178 and 4183 are both available. I am wondering if they have larger balconies than the regular balconies. Also, are the balconies private? It kind of looks like all the balconies above these aft balconies are tiered and they might not be private.

Thanks!!

There is a smoking lounge adjacent to the Crow's Nest lounge and I can't recall for sure, but I believe they had cigars available there, possibly buying it throought the Crow's nest bar.

As far as the balconies: They will have bigger balconies and they can be viewed from above, but the half of the balcony closest to the cabin doors are covered - around 4 feet covered, 4 feet uncovered. Does that make sense? :confused:

There is a cigar bar next to the Oak Room - good selection from what I could tell but I didn't buy any as I brought my own. Bring your own lighter - they don't have matches or lighters avaliable on board.

We were on the 11/27 cruise and stayed in 8128 an aft S on corner of the Navigation deck - the cabin is a little smaller but the balcony wraps around the side of the ship - it's HUGE!!

There is a cigar bar next to the Oak Room - good selection from what I could tell but I didn't buy any as I brought my own. Bring your own lighter - they don't have matches or lighters avaliable on board.

We were on the 11/27 cruise and stayed in 8128 an aft S on corner of the Navigation deck - the cabin is a little smaller but the balcony wraps around the side of the ship - it's HUGE!!

I am quite sure that I recently heard TSA will no longer allow anyone to bring a butane lighter aboard airplanes. Seeing as I think they were never allowed to be packed in checked luggage, I think you best plan to stop somewhere before you board the plane and buy a Bic to Flick....if you are flying to the port.

I'm not a smoker but I thought that a bit hard on folks who do smoke and want their cigarette when they get out of the airport.

The best are on Rotterdam deck, we are booked in a deluxe veranda suite and my TA took pics of the cabin and sent them to me, it is a wonderful cabin, check this out before you decide. the veranda is very large and private. we are booked April 16th, E#d and Jo Baldwin

Archived