Topless Sunbathing -Verandah Deck -aft ???

I know Carnival did away with the Topless Adult Only decks a few years ago. (Much to our disapointment) We are now booked on the Ship Fantasy that will be sailing out of Mobile, AL in Nov. Looking over a brochure on the Ship Fantisy, http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/images/7/77/Carnival_Fantasy_Info.pdf it reads: " Topless Sunbathing -Verandah Deck -aft; adults only, unguarded deck next to the smokestack."

Question is, "Has anyone been on the Fantasy lately and noticed if topless sunbathing was allowed ANYWHERE on the ship?"

I know Carnival did away with the Topless Adult Only decks a few years ago. (Much to our disapointment) We are now booked on the Ship Fantasy that will be sailing out of Mobile, AL in Nov. Looking over a brochure on the Ship Fantisy, http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/images/7/77/Carnival_Fantasy_Info.pdf it reads: " Topless Sunbathing -Verandah Deck -aft; adults only, unguarded deck next to the smokestack."

Question is, "Has anyone been on the Fantasy lately and noticed if topless sunbathing was allowed ANYWHERE on the ship?"

That site is referring to the OLD F-Deck location.

The adult only area is now the Serenity deck, but I do not believe that topless is allowed as it is visible from the deck above outside of the buffet area. :eek:

Officially no is the answer. On each and every one of my cruises I sunbathe topless on the Funnel deck and have not once been asked to cover up by a Carnival employee. In fact I am usually joined by others.

(and before anyone brings up that those who sunbathe topless are usually not ones you would want to see anyway.....couldn't care less. Mine are great!)

Thanks for your reply! My wife feels the same. She's not sunbathing to show off. She dont like tan lines! People need to remember, IT'S JUST SKIN! If you've seen the skin on the persons leg, then you've seen same skin every where else.

I dont want this thread to turn out to be a long drawn out debate on; if You, Could you, SHould You, why would you, everyone going to going to.... you know where if you do etc.

Officially no is the answer. On each and every one of my cruises I sunbathe topless on the Funnel deck and have not once been asked to cover up by a Carnival employee. In fact I am usually joined by others.

(and before anyone brings up that those who sunbathe topless are usually not ones you would want to see anyway.....couldn't care less. Mine are great!)

I'm right there with ya, MOM! Good answer. Chick.

I'm right there with ya, MOM! Good answer. Chick.

But we show the Borne Identity (just using that because i remember seeing on my last cruise) where they kill 40 people in the first half hour.. kids watching .. no one bats an eye!

just a thought. Since they have done away with the topless deck, will they say anything to a person who goes topless on any of the other decks? I guess someone needs to try it and see what happens.

In Canada it's legal to be topless in public. At least in Ontario, Saskatchewan and British Columbia. Not sure about Nova Scotia.

If that's the case, I don't think Carnival could prevent you from doing so, once in Canadian waters.

Unfortunately, while woman have that right in Toronto, far too few choose to exercise it!

Meh ... Seen one you've seen them both.

Unless one's bigger than the 'udder :p

Sup Duckie...keeping those injuns busy?

:D:D:DThat reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is wondering if his girlfriend's breasts are real and he sends Elaine on a mission to find out. The girlfriend figures out what they are up to and dumps him. As she is breaking up with him, she says "By the way...they are real and they're FABULOUS!!"

I have never been one to say that I like to admire them all...

Unless one's bigger than the 'udder :p

Sup Duckie...keeping those injuns busy?

LMAO. Thanks alot :mad:, now I gotta clean the coke of the computer screen.:) When am I going to learn that Its not a good idea to drink soemthing when reading cruise critic posts?

just a thought. Since they have done away with the topless deck, will they say anything to a person who goes topless on any of the other decks? I guess someone needs to try it and see what happens.

Since the demise of the funnel/topless deck, I have seen women sunbathing topless on various decks. Nothing is said by the Carnival people except "would you like another drink?".

Since the demise of the funnel/topless deck, I have seen women sunbathing topless on various decks. Nothing is said by the Carnival people except "would you like another drink?".

LMAO! That is SO the right response! Money talks! It sounds like there is a movement out there to "retake" the funnel deck back for it's original intent! DW likes to hang out there too.

Thanks for your reply! My wife feels the same. She's not sunbathing to show off. She dont like tan lines! People need to remember, IT'S JUST SKIN! If you've seen the skin on the persons leg, then you've seen same skin every where else.

I dont want this thread to turn out to be a long drawn out debate on; if You, Could you, SHould You, why would you, everyone going to going to.... you know where if you do etc.

There are alot of things I wouldn't want to see flopping by as I lay in a lounge chair because they are "just skin".:D:p

Was on the Sensation in March, and even though it was rather chilly, there were a couple topless women in the new Serenity area. Nobody really thought that it was a big deal or raised a fuss as far as I could tell.

In Canada it's legal to be topless in public. At least in Ontario, Saskatchewan and British Columbia. Not sure about Nova Scotia.

If that's the case, I don't think Carnival could prevent you from doing so, once in Canadian waters.

Unfortunately, while woman have that right in Toronto, far too few choose to exercise it!

And to think 30 years ago you had to have a cheese sandwich on the table if someone was topless.

We were last on the Fantasy in February and I think the sign that you had to be an adult to go up on the funnel deck was still there. Shouldn't be a problem.

Archived