New 14-Day Itinerary for 2010

StarTrkGeek

The following article just appeared on Cruise Compete. It looks like the Pacific Princess' itinerary is so popular that Holland America is copying it.

Holland America Line to debut 14-day Alaska Adventurer cruises next year

Holland America is introducing new 14-day Alaskan Adventurer cruises on its flagship ms Amsterdam in 2010. The ship will sail roundtrip from Seattle, with three new port stops in Anchorage, Homer and Kodiak, and provide cruisers with a unique Alaska experience not available on other cruise lines. The ten new two-week sailings, which start May 17 of next year through Sept. 6, replace 20 seven-day sailings between Vancouver and Seward, Alaska. The new itinerary includes the scenic Inside Passage, cruising Tracy Arm fjord next to its twin Sawyer Glaciers. Guests also will see Alaska's mighty Hubbard Glacier, the largest glacier in North America. In addition to the stops listed above, other historic ports include Ketchikan, Skagway, Sitka, Juneau and Victoria, British Columbia.

Yes, this itinerary has been out for a couple of weeks now. We booked just last week for the HAL May 31st sailing. Really, really looking forward to those new ports of Anchorage, Kodiak, and Homer. Also, in our two previous trips, we haven't been to Skagway or Tracy Arm sailing, so that will be a plus as well. Also excited for the 14 day cruise - YES! Now if only we didn't have to wait for over a year:o!

Are they actually sailing to Anchorage or stopping in Seward or Whittier for Anchorage? I sailed on the old Island Princess back in 1998 and we did physically dock in Anchorage. We had to sail at high tide, at low tide the ship was sitting on the bottom of the harbor. The HAL Amsterdam is a way bigger ship and I didn't think it could sail up the inlet to Anchorage.

Yup, we're scheduled to sail right up Cook Inlet. Should be interesting! The press we saw on this originally said that a major cruiseline hasn't docked in Anchorage in a number of years. Interesting that you've done this sailing - was it magnificent? I just can't imagine what its going to be like! Thanx for sharing your commentary - its making me even more anxious to go. But a whole darn year ahead - grrrr! LOL!

Looks like an interesting itinerary. We took the 14day princess option last year and loved it, but were interested in seeing Hubbard Glacier on our next cruise. We were thinking of a back to back...but this sounds like a great option as well.

This is actually one of my favorite cruises. Loved the small Island Princess and the unique route. Don't remember all the details but believe they checked us in downtown at the Capt Cook hotel, then drove us over to the ship. Pier was located a bit past the railroad station. I do remember that we were scheduled to sail about 6pm but couldn't because it was low tide and the ship was sitting in the mud at the pier with about a 10 degree list. I remember people complaining they were getting seasick before we even sailed!

Loved the stops in Homer, Kodiak Island and Seward, after that it was a normal 7 day route. I've been asking for years for another 10 day cruise that includes a couple of these ports. I know Princess has their own 14 day trip but so far they've been pretty expensive.

I sail in about 10 days on the Star Princess for Alaska cruise #14, so I still love it. I just want some new ports! Or a cruise with no port stops that visits Tracy Arm, Glacier Bay, Hubbard and College Fjord all on one trip :)

I sail in about 10 days on the Star Princess for Alaska cruise #14, so I still love it. I just want some new ports! Or a cruise with no port stops that visits Tracy Arm, Glacier Bay, Hubbard and College Fjord all on one trip :)

In 2010, the Princess southbound ships (Diamond/Coral/Island Princess) will go to both Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier. You can cruise to College Fjord out of Whittier before boarding your ship. :) The northbound ships will go to Glacier Bay and College Fjord - as before.

In 2010, the Princess southbound ships (Diamond/Coral/Island Princess) will go to both Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier. You can cruise to College Fjord out of Whittier before boarding your ship. :) The northbound ships will go to Glacier Bay and College Fjord - as before.

Wow, just what I was looking for last year. I bet that will be a popular itinerary!!

Archived