Electronic or paper documents

For me, the advantage of paper docs are the pre-printed luggage tags, but that doesn't matter so much as you can get luggage tags from the porters too. Some people like the folder as a souvenir and some like receiving it in the mail.

If you get paper docs, you can access e-docs online after you receive the paper docs which will reflect any changes that might have been made after paper docs were sent.

I prefer e-docs...comes right to my computer so I can review and I don't print any of them til I am packing so no need to worry about them getting misplaced or damaged. I don't like waiting and hoping that something doesn't happen while in the hands of USPS.

The e-docs have the luggage tags, so print on card stock, fold and "laminate" (use packing tape), then secure on luggage...

If you do the Edocs, Carnival will adivse you when each section is completed and you will have a record on your computer. It is very convenient and you can do one section one day and then come back later to complete. You can make as many tags for the suit cases as you like and can put two on if you want to be safe. If you go to one of the computer supply stores, you can get plastic sheets to put over the tags and it is very easy to do and cheap. They really do a good job of protecting and strengthening the tags. I make a cruise binder in which I keep every thing important to the cruise (Insurace forms, maps, excursion descriptions, deck plans, port descriptions, budget, TA documents, Caper copies). I print my Fun Pass and other documents and put them at the front of the binder. That makes it very convenient.

We have done both. As previously said, the paper docs allow you to receive luggage tags that are a bit stronger than plain printer paper. We laminated our e-doc tags last year and they were very sturdy.

I thinks it's a personal preference. Some cruisers prefer to print things when they want, others like the excitement of receiving the envelope while waiting for sail day.:D

I chose paper because soon all that we will be able to get will be edocs.

This is what Carnival customer service told me.

Quite sure that day is coming..... probably sooner than later !

Just imagine all the complaint threads here on CC....

Doesn't matter to me.... paper docs are no big deal. I go E-docs.

Pro's and Con's? I need to decide which one. This is the first time I have been asked about electronic documents. Which is best?

You don't need either. Just get e-docs, and pick up luggage tags at the pier. Save a few trees and postage. It is just a matter of time until there is no choice, everyone will have e-docs.

Since we usually always book in a group we were told last Feb that our travel agent (P****L***) (at a popular internet site) now will only issue e-docs. That makes it kinda hard for several in the group that do not have access to a computer or email. Someone else has to go in and do their edocs info on line for them. Dont know how the cruise lines will handle people like that.

Dont know how the cruise lines will handle people like that.

Probably the same way the airlines have: just let them check in at the port without paperwork, except for ID. In fact you can already do that.

We always do electronic. I only had paper docs once, the very first time we cruised.

I prefer edocs because I can access the final edocs a week after final payment. I have had my Edocs for Set 09 cruise since October/November 08 and in January of 09 I completed my funpass when I booked my flight to LA.

I found the paper doc package lost half of its size and had crummy luggage tags for my Feb 08 cruise on the Conquest. Edocs has everything and shows you your excursions and spa appointments that you have booked.

Go Edocs!!!

Archived