Jewel of the Seas?

TonyaJune

Since this is out 1st time, we have lots of questions. doing a estern carib.

We have cabin 1100 JS deck 10-afraid of noise from above-any info?, good cabin?

Is it possible that we can be the guest of someone for the concierge room? will they let us in anyway, if we are nice and maybe tip?-sort of an cover charge?

how is the food, in the dining room, windjammer? is it worth going to the specialty rest.?

how/who was the entertainment?

do JS have a DVD/VHS ( we have 6yo)

any info on the childrens program, for the 6 yo.

are the drinks expensive?

how much , in general, extra money should we budget?

We really appreciate your response, and hope you had a good time.

Barry

We were in 1102, never heard anything from the Windjammer unless we were on our balcony. No DVD in JS 1100, We ate at Chops and I thought it was well worth the $20 charge. As far as I know no you cannot get into the concierge as a guest. Our neighbor had just turned Diamond after that cruise and he could not get in since the cruise wasn't completed yet. Entertainment was nothing special in my opinion. Food was ok in both dining room and Windjammer but then I am not picky and glad just to not cook. Drinks of the day are $2.95 if I remember correctly. Beers are $3.00 Mixed drinks are $3.50 or so. I can never remember without checking my charge slips...

It is a great ship. You will have a wonderful time. The view from the aft is incredible. Extra money, I can tell you our seapass bill for 2 was $800.00 That included tips, 1 shore excursion, 1 bingo game, some stuff from the shops (maybe $150) most of it went for booze:D

hi. 2nd cruise. first was short one on majesty last year. the solarium says "adults only". if it's empty could my very mature 13 and 15 year old boys go?plus...how were the buffets?

I wouldn't recommend having your children break the rules. I will be on the ship two weeks before you, but I would probably inform the staff if your children were in an adults only area. There are lots of places for 13 and 15 year olds on the ship (some that don't allow adults - so it balances out in the end.).

The food was delicious in the dining room. The shrimp scampi and the lobster were fabulous. The food in the Windjammer was good. There was a great selection. Room service was prompt and very good. We ate 1 night at Portofino's and it took over 2 hours. In my opinion the food in the dining room on Italian night and the night they served the lobster tail was better than the meal at Portofino's.

Drinks of the day were $5.95.

We had cabin 9260 (aft), the best balcony/location I've ever had. We had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table.

Sorry I can't answer the questions regarding the JS and concierge.

The entertainment was very good. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the impressionalist they had one night, but he was outstanding! The 1 production show we saw was good also.

Overall, the ship is beautiful, the staff is outstanding, everyone was friendly. The DJ in the Vortex is great!

Hi Tonya, we're leaving for the 6 day in a few days and I've got a couple questions. Are you a crown & anchor member and if so, was there a party and what gift did you receive in your cabin? I was surprised to read that you had 2 formals as previous reports on the 6 day said one. Thanks for the heads up.

How early did you arrive at the pier and how long did it take for check in? Also, how was disembarkation - any delays? What time were you off the ship and if you were flying home how soon did you make it to the airport?

Any 'do not misses' for port activities? No Grand Cayman for us - Nassau's been substituted.

Thanks in advance. ML

Yes I am a crown and anchor platinum member and we received 2 very nice pens.

We arrived at the pier around 11:30 and were checked in within 15 minutes. We were allowed on the ship, but cabin was not ready until 1:00. Disembarkation was very smooth. We were off the ship by 8:30 a.m. and at the airport by 9:15 a.m. Our flight was at 11:15, but we arrived at the airport earlier enough that we took a 10:45 flight.

We really enjoyed Paradise Beach in Cozumel. It's a beautiful beach with no charge and you get free use of chairs and umbrellas. If you have children they have a water park that has a tramboline, climbing wall, mats, kayaks, all for only $5.00 for the entire day.

If you like to jet ski, Costa Maya is the place to do it. It was only $35 to rent a jet ski for 30 minutes at Majuhual Beach. Also you can get a 30 minute massage for only $20.

Any more questions, let me know.

goodml,

We were on the Jewel the week of Thanksgiving. There was a Crown & Anchor member reception (I don't remember the day, but it was several days into the cruise). It was held in the Safari Club (one of our favorite places on the ship). Complimentary drinks and appetizers were served, and the band played dance music.

Enjoy your cruise!

goodml,

I believe the reception was held on Wednesday in the Safari Club. If you are a platinum or diamond member there was also a reception on Friday at 11:30 in the Vortex.

You will love the Jewel, have a fantastic cruise.

If you paid $5.95 for drinks of the day you got ripped off. I'm looking at our tabs now and they were $3.95. We tried the drink of the day every day...

Well, then I must have gotten ripped off because I was on the Jewel last week and I paid $5.95 for te drink of the day.

hi. 2nd cruise. first was short one on majesty last year. the solarium says "adults only". if it's empty could my very mature 13 and 15 year old boys go?plus...how were the buffets?

Make sure your kids get involved with their programs, they will have pool parties in the solarium pool at night. we spent 16 days on Serenade last Nov with our 12 and 16 year old, they had a blast.

brian jeffery

We just got off the Jewel. No guests are allowed in the Concierge lounge - too crowded already. The Concierge had a list of all occupants of suites and Diamond members. Junior suite occupants do not have Concierge privileges. No kids allowed as well. There are computer terminals there (not free), but no TV. The Junior suites are lovely.

Archived