Chops is $25 pp, right?

The gratuity included had to be a typo. The wait staff

in the Chops Grille do not participate in the Prepayment of gratuities program.

I have been to Chops twice on the Enchantment and Navigator.

The wait staff try very hard to make things special for you.

I was alone and the service was superb and well worth the $25 extra

I paid and $10 tip.

The gratuity included had to be a typo. The wait staff

in the Chops Grille do not participate in the Prepayment of gratuities program.

I have been to Chops twice on the Enchantment and Navigator.

The wait staff try very hard to make things special for you.

I was alone and the service was superb and well worth the $25 extra

I paid and $10 tip.

We were comped for the dinner (this was several cruises back) so when I made the reservation, I asked the person what part of the "cover" was a tip. He said the "cover" included the tip but would not tell me how much of it was "tip." Since it was "free" we tipped generously but did have to ask the waiter to bring us a "check" so we could write it on there--we had OBC we wanted to use and didn't have any cash with us anyway.

Tucker in Texas

Does anyone know if it would be $25 for a 3yr old too? Do people actually take their kids? I know they say you can only take them if you go before a certain time. I don't want to take her though if people will look at us like we have 3 eyeballs or something. Anyone have any experience on this?

$25 pp and worth every penny!!!!! There is gratuity factored into the $25 so it's not like you are "stiffing" them if you do not leave extra, but being a fine dining server myself- you know they are not getting what they deserve...

Does anyone know if it would be $25 for a 3yr old too? Do people actually take their kids? I know they say you can only take them if you go before a certain time. I don't want to take her though if people will look at us like we have 3 eyeballs or something. Anyone have any experience on this?

Yes, that time is 7:00, and I think anyone sitting in a chair will be charged $25. I have only gone to Chops and Portofino once (each) and have never brought small children, because mine are much bigger!

It is an adult atmosphere...and most people that dine before 7 will be (or might be) aware that children may be part of the mix. If you think your 3 year old can handle a dinner that lasts about 2 hours, go with that. I know my kids at that age, could not.

It's a great dining option, but not if you're stressed about it. If you want to go, I would suggest the earliest booking times, I think folks with kids would probrably choose those times as well. :)

DH & I are just off the Indy TA. We ate at Chops twice. Because we were involved in a Progressive Trivia Tournament, that started at 8PM, we had reservations at 5:30PM both nights (which is the earliest reservation you can make at Chops). At no time were there children in Chops.

I have to echo Susan's question ... can your 3-year old handle a 2-hour meal? I can assure you that there is no "Children's Menu."

At the risk of being flamed ... and probably saying what most people are thinking ... Don't do it! Hire a babysitter and have a nice adult evening, just the 2 of you. If your child is anything like the ones we were sitting next to at the restaurant tonight (not bad ... just being "kids"), your fellow diners will appreciate it! :D

The "surcharge " does include the tip for the servers in either Chops or Portofino. You may tip additionally, if you wish (the folks will NEVER refuse extra money), but the tip IS included in that fee.

Yes, that time is 7:00, and I think anyone sitting in a chair will be charged $25. I have only gone to Chops and Portofino once (each) and have never brought small children, because mine are much bigger!

It is an adult atmosphere...and most people that dine before 7 will be (or might be) aware that children may be part of the mix. If you think your 3 year old can handle a dinner that lasts about 2 hours, go with that. I know my kids at that age, could not.

It's a great dining option, but not if you're stressed about it. If you want to go, I would suggest the earliest booking times, I think folks with kids would probrably choose those times as well. :)

thanks for the info!

OMG!!! I am a regular person and I was giving the waiters $10 each time I went to each restaurant on top of the cover.... I was told that the surcharge was for the better quality food.

Wow - I went to the 2 restaurants so many times not to mention Johnny

Rockets too..

Archived