Hawaii??

cruisethree

We did the Christmas cruise of Hawaii on NCL Star twice with our kids. The first time they were ages 7 and 3, and the second time they were ages 9 and 5. The trips were fabulous! The cruise is a great way to tour Hawaii with kids, and Hawaii is very child-friendly. Have a great trip.

We did the Princess 14 day r/t LA - Hawaii cruise for my twins' 4th birthday. It was a dream. I'd do it every year if we weren't anxious to see new things. I found a lot of information at the ports of call board and we had a great time in each port - many on our own. I agree with the previous poster, Hawaii is very child friendly.

Best,

Mia

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see positive responses. We are going June 2010 with our kids (who will be 6 and 9 when we go) and we were a little hesitant about the idea at first. We will be doing NCL's 7 day Honolulu R/T though.

We cruised for 11 days around Hawaii on the Pride of Aloha when DS was 4. This trip got him hooked on cruising and kid's club. :) Great thing about Hawaii is that is easy to rent a car in the ports. So you are not tied down to an excursion and can be flexible to your kid's interests and moods. If flying in I would recommend going a few days early to get everyone adjusted to the time change.

I'm glad to see positive responses. We are going June 2010 with our kids (who will be 6 and 9 when we go) and we were a little hesitant about the idea at first. We will be doing NCL's 7 day Honolulu R/T though.

The NCL schedule is great for Hawaii; with the overnight ports and Freestyle dining. No need to rush back to the ship and dinner is available whenever. Took us about 13 hours to do the Road to Hana, because we stopped every 45 minutes or so to play on a beach or walk in the jungle. :cool:

Thanks for the tips. I've also been hearing from others to fly in a few days before because of the long trip over and time adjustment. With 2 kids, I think that's the best idea as I don't want them to be worn out already on the first day of the cruise.

We did the HI R/T on NCL out of Honolulu with our DD and her cousin when they were both 11YO. It was a great cruise. There is so much for kids on each of the islands.

We never did really get used to the time difference (we do European trips all the time and have very little problem going that way -- but heading west always causes us more of an issue). So DD, DGN and I were pretty much always fast asleep by 8:30 or 9:00. That left us plenty of time in the morning to do stuff!

Archived