2 questions regarding NCL embarkation cards..

Crissy699

Just got back from my third NCL cruise on the Spirit and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone might be able to answer :o My hubby and I both had 3 little stars on the bottom corner of our card, does anyone know what this means? I'm thinking its the number of cruises, maybe? I guess we'll see on our next trip :)

Also, does anyone know why they scan your card when entering the main dining room? Initially we thought it was to count the people in the room, but the hostess also clicks her little counter to count people. Then we thought maybe it was to allocate tips to servers, etc, but they dont scan them throughout the whole cruise, just the first few days. Any ideas?

I would say the stars are number of cruises, but that's an uneducated guess. I think they scan the cards for the update screens they have around the ship. That also is an uneducated guess.

I have them on all my cards for the last few years except for a 10 day cruise I got off the Gem in January and the Jewel in 2007. Also a 10 day cruise. We've been Platinum for a number of years so that hasn't changed. Interesting.

Archived