Fort Lauderdale Hotels Super Bowl Weekend

Charmingly58

:confused:We are flying into Fort Lauderdale February 7th in advance of our February 8th Panama Canal cruise. Most hotels are very expensive because it's Super Bowl weekend. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions?

Thanks!

:confused:We are flying into Fort Lauderdale February 7th in advance of our February 8th Panama Canal cruise. Most hotels are very expensive because it's Super Bowl weekend. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions?

Thanks!

You might try looking at www.valuetrips.com (although not sure if they would have those dates up yet). They usually offer the Hyatt off 17th Street (formerly the Amerisuites) at a discounted price.

Or, give priceline a try.

Hi Toto,

Do the rates for valuetrips stay pretty consistent? They have a great rate right now for our 11-20 Island Princess cruise ($109). I would like to wait to book it until I get a better feel for our travel plans based on airfare. Do you think that rate will stay the same?

Thanks for your help and for the great link....I had never heard of that site before.

Erin

Hi Toto,

Do the rates for valuetrips stay pretty consistent? They have a great rate right now for our 11-20 Island Princess cruise ($109). I would like to wait to book it until I get a better feel for our travel plans based on airfare. Do you think that rate will stay the same?

Thanks for your help and for the great link....I had never heard of that site before.

Erin

Erin, if you are talking about valuetrips, we have always been able to cancel within a day or so before arriving in the past. But it has been a few years since we have used them, so I would double check to make sure the rules are the same now with the cancellation policy.

This site does work a bit differently. You submit your reservation request at the site, and then you have to wait for a confirmation by email if they have space available before your hotel is actually booked. So, at times it takes a day or two to accept or deny your reservation.

If it were me, I would check on the cancellation policy and see if it is still the same as it used to be, it should be somewhere on the site. Submit your request now while there is going to be plenty of availabilty if the rules are still the same, and then if you find you need to cancel, won't cost you a thing, you just contact valuetrips and cancel the reservation within the alloted timeframe. Best of luck!

Book something now that is fully refundable so you are at least guaranteed of a hotel. Then go looking for a deal. If you find something better, then cancel the original hotel booking.

Unfortunately for that weekend you are most likely going to encounter minimum stay requirements which is going to reduced your options. I know that some people that booked at the Renaissance that weekend had their reservations switched to a Springhill Suites without notice because after they booked the hotel imposed minimum stay requirements.

Try to stay a little further from the center of town and you probably can find something; ask the cruise line if they have some blocked space that is available to their passengers. /failing that, try some of the hotel consolidators.

We sailed the weekend of Super Bowl '07 (in Miami) - couldn't find a hotel/motel in Ft. Lauderdale without a min. stay of 2 nights or more and the prices were crazy! (more than our airfare - yikes) Even Sleep Inn was $200+ a night.... We were desparate - ended up booking a bed and breakfast near the beach - which was a great location & close to the water taxi BUT to be polite a DUMP!! Book early and check Trip Advisor for reviews of bed/breakfast in the area before you book.

Charmingly 58, Wow, I too have been searching the internet for hours looking for something affordable. who know it would be Super Bowl in Miami that same weekend.I have my TA checking and I also looked at Hotwire. Who knows what we will end up with, maybe we should rent a van and sleep in the back:rolleyes: Good luck on your search. I am just glad that I found out that it is Super bowl or I would still be waiting to book.

Try going a little further north - Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, Boca Raton - even Delray Beach. It may pay to rent a car for the day to drive up there and back rather than pay inflated superbowl rates. When we cruised in March it took us 35 minutes to get from Delray Beach to the port. Good luck.

I booked the La Quinta Tamarac East. The rates were reasonable [ $113.99] and the reviews pretty good.

There is also a new Best Western Dania that on some sites lists the room rate at $139.99. It is brand new and looks really nice. It has a shuttle service. The reason we didn't book that property is that according to the reviews there is not much in walking distance and I didn't want to taxi all over the place, but, it looked nice and new.

Good luck and see you in Florida:D

As they say...go West, we also cruised during Superbowl in Miami 2007 and found decent rates westward of FL, out near Sawgrass Mall or Westin, nice area kind of residential but prices were better since coming from the snowy weather need some buffer time pre cruise....bigger issue was the rental car, book one early if you need/want one.

Archived