Wyndam-Fort Lauderdale/Airport

bobbetty

It's been 10 months, but nothing in the area was scheduled to change. There is nothing within walking distance and it would not be safe to walk as you are on a divided highway. However, there is Airport transportation and if you ask with a smile and a thank-you, they will drive you and help make a reservation at the Tropical Acres Restaurant about 2 miles away. It was very nice but reservations are necessary. There are no stores in the area. Also, if you ask the Transportation Manager outside, they may accommodate you for a small fee with a transfer to the port. It all depends on how busy they are at the hotel. They get a lot of cruiseline, airline and TSA staff, too at this hotel. It is nice for a one night stay especially if you are arriving later in the afternoon or evening.

Bon Voyage

Can anyone tell me what is the taxi fare from the Hotel to the Port. Do you book them with the Transport Manager.

Thanks

Fare should be no more than $10-$12 dollars. If a taxi is not already waiting at the hotel you can ask the bell captain, front desk clerk, etc. to contact one for you. ;)

Rex, no problem. I know how daunting it can be to insure travel arrangements go smoothly when your out of town. We visit friends and family in the Broadstairs/Margate area quite frequently and know whats its like to have a transport muck up. ;)

If you need any Ft Lauderdale help, let us know, we live here.

Bequia, WE need help. We are sailing from Ft. Lauderdale on Jan 23 (Costa Atlantica) We will be arriving by train (fort lauderdale station) on the 22nd. Any suggestions for a 1 night stand in between the train station and port everglades??? What do you think of the Hampton??? So far it is the most reasonable we can find that is available for that date. Would appreciate your advice

Thanks

This might be conveniant for you, its a brand new Marriott Courtyard http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=FLLHT Ft Lauderdale Airport & Cruiseport, 400 Gulf Stream Way,Dania Beach, Florida 33004 1-954-342-8333 Located directly across from the Ft Lauderdale train station next to the Bass Pro Shop Outlet. I would call direct for rates and shuttle information.

If its the Hampton Inn on Stirling Road you'll be fine for one night as well. But for the same price or a few dollars more I would check out the brand new Marriott noted above. ;)

This might be conveniant for you, its a brand new Marriott Courtyard http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=FLLHT Ft Lauderdale Airport & Cruiseport, 400 Gulf Stream Way,Dania Beach, Florida 33004 1-954-342-8333 Located directly across from the Ft Lauderdale train station next to the Bass Pro Shop Outlet. I would call direct for rates and shuttle information.

If its the Hampton Inn on Stirling Road you'll be fine for one night as well. But for the same price or a few dollars more I would check out the brand new Marriott noted above. ;)

Thank you Bequia, I did it. Made a reservation at the Marriott. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but they do have a shuttle to the port, and it looks really nice. I dont think it is across from the train station though, because I called direct to ask, and the clerk said it was not the Amtrak station. But we will take a cab to the Marriott.

We will be arriving the day b4 our cruise (Jan 22) because last June our train was so late that we had to get off in Jacksonville in the middle of the night and rent a car to drive the rest of the way to Port Everglades. We were a nervous wreck thinking we would miss the boat. And we would have if we had stayed on the train.

Thanks again.

We stayed at the Wyndham last month. The hotel was very nice and has a restaurant but we did not try it. We rented a car for 35 a day from Budget so we did not have a problem getting around. There is nothing within walking distance.

Have fun!!

Just got this hotel bidding on priceline. We will be there on 04/06/05. Staying one night before going on our cruise. Since there will be five in our group any recommendations for getting to the cruise ship?

Carol

Hi Bequia, maybe you can help me with a hotel selection.

We're arriving in Ft Lauderdale on 4/22 at 10:30 am, and depart on our cruise on the 23rd. Since we'll have a full day, we'd like to do stuff in FLL. I have read on these boards about a water taxi that you pay one price and ride all day. Can you suggest some clean, affordable hotels on the water taxi route? Unless there is a location that is walking distance to attractions/beach. Also, any suggestions on things to do would be greatly appreciated. Haven't been to Fort Lauderdale in over 30 years!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We got the Wyndham on Priceline. I am a little disappointed they

do not provide a shuttle to the port. I thought they would.

Is the restaurant there decent? It seems we will be stuck eating there

since there is nothing else around.

Hi Bequia, maybe you can help me with a hotel selection.

We're arriving in Ft Lauderdale on 4/22 at 10:30 am, and depart on our cruise on the 23rd. Since we'll have a full day, we'd like to do stuff in FLL. I have read on these boards about a water taxi that you pay one price and ride all day. Can you suggest some clean, affordable hotels on the water taxi route? Unless there is a location that is walking distance to attractions/beach. Also, any suggestions on things to do would be greatly appreciated. Haven't been to Fort Lauderdale in over 30 years!

Thanks!

If you go the Priceline route you could get the Hyatt Pier 66 or the Marriott Marina for under $100. They are both on the route. The Radisson is on the route and the Doubletree is nearby. The Ft Lauderdale Beach Days Inn is close to the water taxi as well. ;)

We got the Wyndham on Priceline. I am a little disappointed they

do not provide a shuttle to the port. I thought they would.

Is the restaurant there decent? It seems we will be stuck eating there

since there is nothing else around.

Your a $5 cab ride away from major shopping centers and a plethora of restaurants. ;)

Archived