Anyone use Alaska Seaplane Tours in Ketchikan

marlny

The one that we booked was with southeast aviation. Came highly recommended by BQ and others. Their website is southeastaviation dot com. Currently they are running a special for $199 per person for their Misty Fjords Tour. Do a search and you can read what others had to say.

We flew with Ryan McCue in June of 2006. An excellent excursion with a very personable pilot. We would fly with him again.

K.

thanks:D I'm going to go ahead and book the bears of MF tour.

• 1 year later...
thanks:D I'm going to go ahead and book the bears of MF tour.

Did you take this excursion? Would love some feedback since we're considering doing this same one next year :D

• 2 years later...

Has anyone gone with Ryan of Alaska Seaplane Tours lately? Any reviews? Michelle of Island Wings was booked and recommended him but am curious for any recent comments?

Hello- I'm also wondering about Alaska Seaplane for a Misty Fjords tour. They have times that are a little more convient to our schedule. What puzzled me was how much availabilty they had when I checked their calendar. It would be great to hear from those who have used them.

Thank you.

You also might want to check out seawindaviation - highly recommended on other sites and a pleasure to deal with - we are scheduled with them in July!

I second the motion on Seawind Aviation for an amazing floatplane trip to the Misty Fjords. Just got back from our cruise, and this was the highlight of our trip. The folks at Seawind Aviation are top notch, and the trip itself is incredible. Worth every penny.

We booked with them also for our trip mid August. Was on fence between Carlin and those guys and SW was a little cheaper and the wife was very helpful and prompt with email and phone communications so they got our business. island Wings pilot had some recurrent "issues" posted and I just didn't think she would be a good fit for us.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is still interested, I just returned from Alaska and did the Bears of Misty Fjords tour with Alaska Seaplanes. It was a great trip. The pilot was wonderful and we definitely saw bears (although that certainly is not guaranteed).

In case anyone is still interested, I just returned from Alaska and did the Bears of Misty Fjords tour with Alaska Seaplanes. It was a great trip. The pilot was wonderful and we definitely saw bears (although that certainly is not guaranteed).

We are scheduled to fly with them on August 16th. Who was your pilot?

Just got home Sunday from our trip. We booked Island Wings, Misty Fjords, and it was an excellent excursion. Owner flew us out, and she was great. Highly recommend her for Ketchikan if you are interested in a float plane that lands, will taxi to the bank and you get OUT of the plane and walk on the bank for pictures, wild life observing etc. This was a very good tour. :)

• 3 weeks later...

we are going in Sept a few weeks from now,

I am looking at the Alaska Seatour with Ryan

which would you recommend and I have seen both good and bad reviews on tripadvisor, so I am now worried not such a great idea:eek:

Archived