RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

we used Rome in Limo last year and loved it. Are scheduled to do again next month. Excellent.

Serena was an excellent Vatican guide. A guide is a must in my opinion.

In Naples we used see amalfi coast.com we ate at La tagliata as well. It is the best Italian food I have ever had. The problem is every time since when i gave Gnocchi (?sp) it has not been comparable so a disappointment.

We had a guide in Pompeii, also a must in my opinion, which really made the day.

No matter what enjoy what you see. The private tours are much better then the too crowded and too expensive , rushed at site ship tours.

Phil

I booked 4 tours with Rome in Limo over a year ago for my Mediterranean cruise in May 2013. I worked with the amazing Jany for these tours and she is so awesome. I must have emailed at least every other day it seemed but every response was prompt. Rome in Limo's customer service and professionalism is outstanding. I had a total of seven drivers; Lucca (Messina), Giovanni and Stefano(Naples), Nick and Maurizio (Rome) and Vinny and Sabrina (Livorno). They were great and words cannot express how professional, how knowledgeable and personable these people were. During one tour Jany called to make sure we were OK and having a great time which we were, that's going above and beyond. I'd give Rome in Limo 20 stars if I could and I highly recommend them anytime you decide to tour Italy.

We used RIL for our 17th May cruise on the Sunshine for Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples. We had Elizabetta in Florence, Maurizio in Rome and Carmine in Naples - ALL were fantastic. In addition we had Katerina in the Vatican and she was amazing. I recommend RIL 100%, right from first emails with Jany to being dropped off back at the ship everything was outstanding. Don't choose another company, RIL is, I think the best.

We used RIL during our recent cruise on NCL Epic -

It was easy to book - very prompt responses to my questions pre tour.

Both our Drivers - Carmine in Naples and Rolando in Rome were very attentive, proffesional and knowledgable about the areas we visited. They even altered the routes to make sure we got the best out of the day.

Would not hestitate to recommend RIL to anyone who wanted to take independant tours in Italy.:)

Based or our recent tour of the Amalfi Coast with RIL I would highly recommend them to anyone. Our driver, Giovanni, was very knowledgeable and personable.( he lives in Sorrento). He took us to a little restaurant in Sorrento for a fantastic lunch and gave us lots of information about both Positano and Sorrento. He also loves the movie "My Cousin Vinny". :D

We hired a tour guide for Pompeii through RIL and we were very pleased with their choice

We used RIL 4 years ago when we were in Rome and loved them. The service was outstanding and decided to use them again last month when we returned. This visit we used Stefano who took us to Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio, as we had already done Rome. Stefano was wonderful! It was a rainy day and he was always there with an umbrella, he knew where all the bathrooms were (very important - lol), scoped out a good restaurant for us. He was a wealth of knowledge on the areas we were visiting and made sure we knew where to get tickets and what time to meet him, etc. The day was just excellent!!! Thank you Stefano! On our Naples day we had Tony for our driver and our guide at Herculaneum was Costanze. Can not say enough good things about these individuals! Costanze gave us a thorough guided tour full of information and tailored to what we were interested in. She was worth the money for the private guided tour - we sure wouldn't have gotten the same impressions/information without her!! Tony was our driver for the day and he was quite entertaining! He would stop at the most picturesque sites and take our family photo! He suggested a great spot for lunch in Sorrento - the pizza was yummy as well as the Lemoncello!! :) He even got us singing songs on the way back to the boat! Thank you Tony!! Would highly recommend RIL for a great, informative, enjoyable day!!

I'm a little confused. Everyone talks about having a guide for the Vatican, but I didn't see that option on the RIL website. Or is it just two of their different services and you order both. (First the tour under "Tours or Rome" and then go to "Rome Walking Tours" and pick that also) Is that the case, you do both tours on the same trip?

Edited by Earthworm Jim

I'm a little confused. Everyone talks about having a guide for the Vatican, but I didn't see that option on the RIL website. Or is it just two of their different services and you order both. (First the tour under "Tours or Rome" and then go to "Rome Walking Tours" and pick that also) Is that the case, you do both tours on the same trip?
When the Vatican is part of your overall tour, you have the option of having a licensed guide for the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica (at an additional cost, of course). If you want a guide for the Vatican, Romeinlimo will be happy to coordinate this within whichever Rome tour itinerary you choose. I would recommend a guide because the Museums are huge and quite formidable! :)

BTW, this additional cost of a guide is applicable to other tour offerings, e.g. Pompeii (part of some Naples tours), etc.

Edited by Terpnut

We've booked with RIL for tours in Rome and Naples during our Cruise on NCL Epic. Jany has been great--but I'm confused on the pricing. Hoping someone who has used them can clarify...price on the site for both tours says 450E with the per person cost going down as more people join. However, the confirmation received for the group we joined (Rome) says 600 and the confirmation for the group we started (Naples) says 550. Jany indicated that, for the tour we arranged, the price is more because we booked on the sharing site. I've only seen one site and the only price I see for anything online is the chart that starts at 450E. Granted, we're not talking about a big difference in price once it's split up, but I just can't wrapped my head around what I'm missing and it's driving me crazy. Help?

We've booked with RIL for tours in Rome and Naples during our Cruise on NCL Epic. Jany has been great--but I'm confused on the pricing. Hoping someone who has used them can clarify...price on the site for both tours says 450E with the per person cost going down as more people join. However, the confirmation received for the group we joined (Rome) says 600 and the confirmation for the group we started (Naples) says 550. Jany indicated that, for the tour we arranged, the price is more because we booked on the sharing site. I've only seen one site and the only price I see for anything online is the chart that starts at 450E. Granted, we're not talking about a big difference in price once it's split up, but I just can't wrapped my head around what I'm missing and it's driving me crazy. Help?

I believe they charge €450 for a limo but if you use one of their mini-vans (up to max 8 people the per van charge is €600. There is a reduction on the later price if you have more than one booking with them for that trip (say Pisa/Florence one day and Rome the next) you get an additional €50 off of each trip making them €550. Good value if you can fill your van up.

They charge you for the size of the "vehicle". If you open a group of 8 people, the vehicle price is $550 Euro's total. If you get six people you divide the 550 by six (92.66 each) and if you get 8 people (68.75). If you had only one person you would get a car and would be charged 450E. You must have booked a mini van at a cost of $550 and $600. If you get 8 people its really a reasonable price. We used this tour group in both Naples and Rome in May and they were fantastic. In naples we had a Mini bus with 14 people and a guide. Having these smaller group tours allows you to get up close to all the sites without having to walk too far. I hope this helps a bit. Have a great time!!

There are 2 Rome in limo sites romeinlimo.com and romeinlimotoursharing.com

How many people are in your party?

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=scarlettmama&date=7-19-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Sunshine

There are 2 Rome in limo sites romeinlimo.com and romeinlimotoursharing.com

How many people are in your party?

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=scarlettmama&date=7-19-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Sunshine

There are two of us but we've joined an existing group for Rome and started a group of our own for Naples (actually Pompeii, Positano, Wine Tour). It was when we started a group that the confusion set in.

Thanks @bucketlist1 - that clears it up in my head! I think I was confused by the fact that I couldn't find the higher rates shown anywhere on the site. I didn't doubt it was accurate, I just couldn't connect the dots.

Yesterday I went online to order my Vatican tickets for August. I went to the tab on the RIL site and connected through there, so i think it was a legitimate site. It took my credit card info and looks like it has been paid by my CC.

My concern is that I thought that you were not able to pay by CC on that site anymore.

Does anyone have any new information on this? Has it changed?

Thank you!

They resolved that issue a while ago with a different bank processing the charges for now..

Yesterday I went online to order my Vatican tickets for August. I went to the tab on the RIL site and connected through there, so i think it was a legitimate site. It took my credit card info and looks like it has been paid by my CC.

My concern is that I thought that you were not able to pay by CC on that site anymore.

Thank you!

Thank you!

I also ordered the Vatican tickets for July. I was charged and I have printed out the Voucher di prenotazione from the PDF they emailed me. Definitely legit.

There are two of us but we've joined an existing group for Rome and started a group of our own for Naples (actually Pompeii, Positano, Wine Tour). It was when we started a group that the confusion set in.

Thanks @bucketlist1 - that clears it up in my head! I think I was confused by the fact that I couldn't find the higher rates shown anywhere on the site. I didn't doubt it was accurate, I just couldn't connect the dots.

All's well. Jany is awesome but I'm so glad we have this thread to ask questions, big and small. Wonder if anyone has used Rome in limo with toddlers.

All's well. Jany is awesome but I'm so glad we have this thread to ask questions, big and small. Wonder if anyone has used Rome in limo with toddlers.

I'd bet they have since RIL has a "kids" specific tour listing on their website:)

Hello all, we're an engaged couple planning our wedding & honeymoon for August... so busy it's hard to read thru the entire history of this thread, so help is greatly appreciated!

We're going to use RomeInLimo for a private tour in Rome the day our cruise will be in Citavecchia. Here is my question: I was a 5 year Art History student, so I am torn as to what I should focus on seeing. We will do "Highlights of Rome", but I am assuming I can't tour both the Vatican (specifically Sistine Chapel) and Colosseum (underground tour sounds great) in the same day. Which should I choose?

Can anyone share some first hand thoughts on their past tour and briefly what they saw? I may not make it back for a long time, so I want to plan my 1 day perfectly. Thanks so much!

Edited by supraturbo320

Hello all, we're an engaged couple planning our wedding & honeymoon for August... so busy it's hard to read thru the entire history of this thread, so help is greatly appreciated!

We're going to use RomeInLimo for a private tour in Rome the day our cruise will be in Citavecchia. Here is my question: I was a 5 year Art History student, so I am torn as to what I should focus on seeing. We will do "Highlights of Rome", but I am assuming I can't tour both the Vatican (specifically Sistine Chapel) and Colosseum (underground tour sounds great) in the same day. Which should I choose?

Can anyone share some first hand thoughts on their past tour and briefly what they saw? I may not make it back for a long time, so I want to plan my 1 day perfectly. Thanks so much!

we were scheduled to do both in the day but in the end never bought the tickets on line for colosseum as we thought we might need to cancel. Vatican was great but let RIL get you a guide - it is worth it (request Serena if you can).

If those two things are your top priorities, then of course you can do both. But you will have to sacrifice other "highlights" from the standard itinerary. You can't see and do everything in the ~7-8 hours you will have, so try to prioritize your list of things to do and RIL/Jany will work with you to make it happen! Edited by Terpnut

I was wondering if anyone had done a disabled tour with this company. The cruise line accessible trip from Livorno to Pisa/Florence is so expensive especially as we would rather do Pisa/Lucca. I can transfer to a car (folding wheelchair) but cannot get into a high vehicle. Any insight would be welcome. Thnk you

I think you can do both in one day...do the Colosseum in the morning and the Vatican in the afternoon...we did EXACTLY that and with a guide from RIL for the Vatican it went very well....and I agree..ask for Serena as a Vatican guide....

BUT if you really only want to do one...then I'd pick the Vatican with the Sistene Chapel and the museum for sure....it...all of it...is amazing...

I was wondering if anyone had done a disabled tour with this company. The cruise line accessible trip from Livorno to Pisa/Florence is so expensive especially as we would rather do Pisa/Lucca. I can transfer to a car (folding wheelchair) but cannot get into a high vehicle. Any insight would be welcome. Thnk you

We didn't do a disabled tour but we DID take my mother's handicap placard and boy did it pay off. With it we were able to get much closer to front doors and even drive on street that were "walk only" and park in no parking areas. It was a life saver for my mother. She can use her legs just fine so didn't need a wheelchair, it's breathing that's the issue. Worked great in Italy, Spain and Monaco/France.