B2B booking question

We're thinking of doing a B2B. We already have the first cruise booked.

Can we just book the second one online, then call and have them "link" the two or do we need to do something else?

(I know I have seen this info before, but I searched and couldn't find anything :o)

Can we just book the second one online, then call and have them "link" the two or do we need to do something else?

(I know I have seen this info before, but I searched and couldn't find anything :o)

Good Morning...you can just call and book the second one online. Does not need to be 'linked' Best to try and get the same cabin if possiblethat way you do not have to move your 'stuff' unless you want to try to different type cabins.

We are B2B on Oasis Oct 2010 and have the same cabin for both legs.

Yes you can book online if you are booking through RCI directly, but once you have both booking numbers, you need to speak with the b2b desk so that both numbers are linked.

With the new system for "consecutive cruises" (formerly known as b2b) they must know on the ship that you are going to be staying on for the following cruise............as the procedure for consecutive cruisers is slightly different than before. All credit card information and SetSail Pass information is carried over to the next cruise after the account for the first cruise has been closed out. You can change credit cards by going to Guest Relations.

We just returned from a consecutive cruise on Radiance. We received instructions in our stateroom and had a meeting prior to the end of the first cruise with all the other consecutive cruisers telling us what to do on turnaround day (end of the first cruise). It was a smooth transition from one cruise to the next.

As Emmy said, it is best to get the same cabin, otherwise your clothes on hangers will be moved for you but all other items must be packed in your suitcase and then everything will be moved by your cabin attendant.

Yes you can book online if you are booking through RCI directly, but once you have both booking numbers, you need to speak with the b2b desk so that both numbers are linked.

With the new system for "consecutive cruises" (formerly known as b2b) they must know on the ship that you are going to be staying on for the following cruise............as the procedure for consecutive cruisers is slightly different than before. All credit card information and SetSail Pass information is carried over to the next cruise after the account for the first cruise has been closed out. You can change credit cards by going to Guest Relations.

We just returned from a consecutive cruise on Radiance. We received instructions in our stateroom and had a meeting prior to the end of the first cruise with all the other consecutive cruisers telling us what to do on turnaround day (end of the first cruise). It was a smooth transition from one cruise to the next.

As Emmy said, it is best to get the same cabin, otherwise your clothes on hangers will be moved for you but all other items must be packed in your suitcase and then everything will be moved by your cabin attendant.

Patti thanks for the info:) about the B2B(consecutive Crusies) desk. Do you mean before you sail like for instance can it be done this far out..I have my first B2B in Oct 2010.

Is this something you ask for when you call C&A or RCI reservations or on the ship on the first part of your B2B

Patti thanks for the info:) about the B2B(consecutive Crusies) desk. Do you mean before you sail like for instance can it be done this far out..I have my first B2B in Oct 2010.

Is this something you ask for when you call C&A or RCI reservations or on the ship on the first part of your B2B

Absolutely it can be set up as soon as you make the reservations. I booked our b2b for this October waaaay last May 2008 to get the cabin we wanted. I actually booked both cruises with RCCL over a weekend, and then transferred it to my TA on Monday!

I am also grateful to Patti for the info on the new procedures. It's different than the last time we did a b2b on the same ship.

As Peggy said, call them ASAP and make sure that your booking numbers are linked. You can call C&A but just ask for the b2b desk............they don't know what a consecutive cruise is yet!:eek::rolleyes:

You will not be able to see your b2b on your My Cruises account. However, you can go through the back door by using this method.

1. Go to the RCI Home Page and click on Before you Board (DO NOT click on your name or sign in)
  2. Click on Countdown to Cruise (Again DO NOT click on your name or sign in)
  3. Now click on Retrieve your Reservation (located on the left hand side of the page under Get Access to Countdown to Cruise) and now you can enter in all the information it asks for.
  4. It will bring up your first cruise and at the bottom it will show your second booking number for your second cruise.

As Peggy said, call them ASAP and make sure that your booking numbers are linked. You can call C&A but just ask for the b2b desk............they don't know what a consecutive cruise is yet!:eek::rolleyes:

You will not be able to see your b2b on your My Cruises account. However, you can go through the back door by using this method.

1. Go to the RCI Home Page and click on Before you Board (DO NOT click on your name or sign in)
  3. Now click on Retrieve your Reservation (located on the left hand side of the page under Get Access to Countdown to Cruise) and now you can enter in all the information it asks for.
  4. It will bring up your first cruise and at the bottom it will show your second booking number for your second cruise.

Again thanks for the info...so what is the advantage of calling C&A so that they know you are doing consecutive cruises? Is it so you do not have to disembark the ship after the first sailing?

Are you sure this workaround still works? I just tried for my B2B May 2010. I can pull up one reservation no problem but don't see the other booking number at the bottom...

exactly.........it is best to link them so the ship knows you are on a b2b so you get your letter and instructions.............

it;s a lot of fun!

Are you sure this workaround still works? I just tried for my B2B May 2010. I can pull up one reservation no problem but don't see the other booking number at the bottom...

when i did this i had to do the same thing for each ressie number..

Again thanks for the info...so what is the advantage of calling C&A so that they know you are doing consecutive cruises? Is it so you do not have to disembark the ship after the first sailing?

it is so you get your instructions regarding whether or not you have to get off....in most cases, you will have to leave, go thru immigration and back on. you can't take any stuff off with you except personal items as you are in transit.

after you leave and come back, you can leave again....basically do whatever you want......

when i did this i had to do the same thing for each ressie number..

Right, I can get into each individual booking separately. But can't move from one to the other directly.

So that the ship's records indicate that you are doing the following cruise and that your SeaPass will be delivered to your cabin prior to the end of the first cruise and you do not have to disembark and go through the check in process on the pier as you did for the first cruise. You will then only have to print out one SetSail Pass and that would be for the first cruise.

You will also get a preview Compass on what is going to be happening on the next cruise.

On our recent Radiance consecutive, when we got to Valparaiso, Chile we did not have to go through Customs & Immigration and we did not have to disembark the ship. We did have to eat breakfast at the designated times, but we found that eating in the dining room was much better than fighting the folks in the WJ.

They had a nice lunch for us, but then there were close to 200 doing a consecutive cruise. I have been told that a luncheon is determined by the number of pax doing a consecutive cruise.

I would call and make sure that they are linked.

So that the ship's records indicate that you are doing the following cruise and that your SeaPass will be delivered to your cabin prior to the end of the first cruise and you do not have to disembark and go through the check in process on the pier as you did for the first cruise. You will then only have to print out one SetSail Pass and that would be for the first cruise.

You will also get a preview Compass on what is going to be happening on the next cruise.

On our recent Radiance consecutive, when we got to Valparaiso, Chile we did not have to go through Customs & Immigration and we did not have to disembark the ship. We did have to eat breakfast at the designated times, but we found that eating in the dining room was much better than fighting the folks in the WJ.

They had a nice lunch for us, but then there were close to 200 doing a consecutive cruise. I have been told that a luncheon is determined by the number of pax doing a consecutive cruise.

I would call and make sure that they are linked.

Great Patti... I will take care of that. I will also pass along this info to quite a few on my first sailing who are also doing B2B.

As always thanks for helping out with great info :)

Great Patti... I will take care of that. I will also pass along this info to quite a few on my first sailing who are also doing B2B.

As always thanks for helping out with great info :)

Glad that I could help.:D

OMG, you'll have the whole ship to yourself............and it will be Oasis.

I noticed today that the first part of my upcoming back to back had a refund of some amount of taxes. I called C&A because I was curious why the refund appeared on the first cruise, but not the second. They said it was due to the cruise being flagged as a back to back, that somehow qualified it for reduced taxes. The amount was not huge, $30 per person. The C&A rep indicated that if consecutive cruises are not "linked", they don't get the tax reduction.

Our B2B is on Monarch, and I've no idea if this applies to other itineraries. However, it may be another good reason to speak to the B2B desk and get your cruises linked.

Bob

Just tied this for our consecutive cruises.Entered the details of our first cruise at retrieve reservation page but it didn't show anything under Linked Reservations ?

Just tied this for our consecutive cruises.Entered the details of our first cruise at retrieve reservation page but it didn't show anything under Linked Reservations ?

it will not show linked ressies...that would be if UK cruiser was cruising with UKCruiser's best friend and you had them linked so you would get seated together....

you will only see one ressie at a time....:p

it will not show linked ressies...that would be if UK cruiser was cruising with UKCruiser's best friend and you had them linked so you would get seated together....

you will only see one ressie at a time....:p

OK thanks

Archived