recycling clothing among cc members

I am attempting to load some pics here. The black dress was worn once, size 20. All of the blouses are 3x, but are all too short in the torso for me. In very good shape!

Well, I can't do it. I'm using an iPad and couldn't download the photobucket app. Anyone else using an iPad? Sorry! I'll try again tomorrow.

I have booked a cruise with my god daughter, who lost her son a day after his first birthday in June just to get away. Then she said she wanted her sister to go too. So now I have 2 girls going. I have offered them to pick out clothes out of my closet, but they are 23 and 26 and have decided that my clothes are " old lady clothes". :rolleyes: does anyone have anything nice that they would be willing to part with cheaply? I have paid for the cruise and will probably be covering all other expenses including an excursion, if I can squeeze one out and am running on empty. I would like them to have a good trip as I don't know that they will ever get this opportunity again. Thank you. Oh they wear 18/20 for Kym (23) and 22/24 for Roxanne (26).

My email is lucyinthesky111l@yahoo.com

Edited by lucyinthesky111
Add email

I am attempting to load some pics here. The black dress was worn once, size 20. All of the blouses are 3x, but are all too short in the torso for me. In very good shape!

Well, I can't do it. I'm using an iPad and couldn't download the photobucket app. Anyone else using an iPad? Sorry! I'll try again tomorrow.

You don't have to use a photobucket app - just bring it up on Safari. On photobucket, tap on the picture you want to post so that it comes up by itself. Then tap at the beginning of of the box that says IMG (under "Links to share this photo"), choose "Select All" and then "Copy". Then on CC in the "Reply to Thread" box, tap on the Photo icon in the tool bar at the top. When the box comes up backspace the http:// (get rid of it) and then tap the box and choose "Paste". A long address will appear in your reply box but when you click "Submit Reply" (or "Preview Post) your picture will appear.

Edit - Just loaded the photobucket app. The directions are pretty much the same except for what I have highlighted in red. Instead of that you need to tap on the link icon (looks like chain links - upper right corner of screen), then tap on the IMG code and a box will come up saying it is copied to clipboard and you tap "OK". Then back to the directions above.

Edited by Scrapnana

I have booked a cruise with my god daughter, who lost her son a day after his first birthday in June just to get away. Then she said she wanted her sister to go too. So now I have 2 girls going. I have offered them to pick out clothes out of my closet, but they are 23 and 26 and have decided that my clothes are " old lady clothes". :rolleyes: does anyone have anything nice that they would be willing to part with cheaply? I have paid for the cruise and will probably be covering all other expenses including an excursion, if I can squeeze one out and am running on empty. I would like them to have a good trip as I don't know that they will ever get this opportunity again. Thank you. Oh they wear 18/20 for Kym (23) and 22/24 for Roxanne (26).

My email is lucyinthesky111l@yahoo.com

The Ecstasy will be very, very, casual. If there are in their 20's, they probably have something that is appropriate, something they would wear to a nice restaurant? If not, you can just go casual. I'm doing a 3 nighter to the Bahamas on the Enchantment of the Seas and nobody on my roll call is dressing up, some say they are only bringing backpacks for their clothes. I will wear a sundress at night and that will probably be more dressed up than most! :p Our plan is to skip the dining room so we can attend more of the activities, your goddaughters might like that as well.I'm so sorry for her loss. Take them both and have a good time, don't spend money buying clothes.

The Ecstasy will be very, very, casual. If there are in their 20's, they probably have something that is appropriate, something they would wear to a nice restaurant? If not, you can just go casual. I'm doing a 3 nighter to the Bahamas on the Enchantment of the Seas and nobody on my roll call is dressing up, some say they are only bringing backpacks for their clothes. I will wear a sundress at night and that will probably be more dressed up than most! :p Our plan is to skip the dining room so we can attend more of the activities, your goddaughters might like that as well.I'm so sorry for her loss. Take them both and have a good time, don't spend money buying clothes.

That's a good idea! I know they each have 1 dress, as I had to buy them both dresses for the funeral. So maybe we will just do 1 night in the dining room. Thank you.

Ok - I did it!! Yay! Thanks, Scrapnana!

The blouses are all 3x - they fit, but are too short for me in length. I have a problem with a big middle and these blouses all hang in a way that makes me look pregnant. Ugh.

The first black/white blouse is a button-down - polyester.

The purple pattern blouse is sheer and I have a lavender cami to go underneath.

The black and white blouse after the purple has ruffles down the front and is lined.

The Chaps shirt is a heavy long-sleeved t-shirt.

The black and white long-sleeve - last pic - is a sweater.

These were given to me by a good friend who lost weight. They are in excellent condition.

I'd be happy to see them get new homes!! Thanks for looking! :)

f77805a8-34bd-4e54-bf18-c4183c4b8cf5_zps738eacdf.jpg1599a135-bf65-4e9d-80d8-0c6a63cbe533_zps70038003.jpgb30d4bc2-8b2a-4994-b28a-7db191224795_zpsa041916d.jpg

3f086580-4eb2-4de8-b279-1edf6089a42a_zps00ea6f2b.jpg9547fc62-be1f-41e4-951c-b62412d53bf0_zpsbe9eb722.jpg

Hello,

Here's the dress I posted about last night. It's a size 20 - worn only once and is very pretty and sparkly, but not overkill.

Lucy - maybe this would work for Kym? My daughter wore it with a sheer wrap and it was very nice.

1371fc6e-b410-4f0e-a7ab-df71fbc117e5_zps602a2669.jpg

Thanks!

Suz

Here is the green tank that Debbie sent me. Funny, this is a color I would never have worn, but since I let my hair go gray, I seem to be able to wear lots of colors I used to avoid. (I still don't wear yellow or lavender). Again, sorry for the quality, this was a quick snap with my phone as I was on my way to work. Need this kind of top, the AC has been out in my office (only MY end of the office) for almost a week! :eek::eek:

ry%3D480

Amy, I'm so glad that it fit and it looks great on you! That is a well-traveled tank. Even though it still had the tags, it was made in Paris and I bought it in Italy and brought it home to the states where it sat in my closet.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Debbie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Amy, I'm so glad that it fit and it looks great on you! That is a well-traveled tank. Even though it still had the tags, it was made in Paris and I bought it in Italy and brought it home to the states where it sat in my closet.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Debbie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

And I expect that at the end of this year, it will travel to Florida, the Caribbean and the Panama Canal!

I rarely post shirts and pants. I do have lot of dress tops and pants. Tops mostly medium and pants size 4. Some of them I worn one time or two and some are still new. I will post them later.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs

Marie

So glad to see you back Marie! Hope your foot is feeling better.

That's a good idea! I know they each have 1 dress, as I had to buy them both dresses for the funeral. So maybe we will just

do 1 night in the dining room. Thank you.

Hey-

Lucyinthesky -

Don't just go to the dining room 1 night - go every night! Just let the girls wear those dresses on formal night - every other night, they are fine with sundresses or capri pants I think?

Also, try your local goodwill or any thrift store, a lot of us have had good luck searching there for nice things and gotten them for next to nothing - hope this helps!

Cindy

Marie~ I really don't post here since I am always reading posts!

I am interested to see what you have since that is my size!

Thanks!

Kathleen

Hi Katheleen,

I just had foot surgery, it is in cast for the next three months. I will post, but not untill am able to move around.

Take care.

Marie

Hello,

Here's the dress I posted about last night. It's a size 20 - worn only once and is very pretty and sparkly, but not overkill.

Lucy - maybe this would work for Kym? My daughter wore it with a sheer wrap and it was very nice.

1371fc6e-b410-4f0e-a7ab-df71fbc117e5_zps602a2669.jpg

Thanks!

Suz

That would be nice. Send me an email with how much you want for it and where I can send the money. Thank you so much!

Just a gentle reminder. I believe we are not permitted to post things to sell here. This thread was started as a way to give away clothes to each other, and the recipient pays the postage to the donor.

Hey-

Lucyinthesky -

Don't just go to the dining room 1 night - go every night! Just let the girls wear those dresses on formal night - every other night, they are fine with sundresses or capri pants I think?

Also, try your local goodwill or any thrift store, a lot of us have had good luck searching there for nice things and gotten them for next to nothing - hope this helps!

Cindy

I have been looking at thrift shops when I can ( I work mids 7p-7a). I just found a really nice dress for Roxanne on eBay that I am bidding on.

Hi Katheleen,

I just had foot surgery, it is in cast for the next three months. I will post, but not untill am able to move around.

Take care.

Marie

Looking forward to what you will post, Marie, as I too am a size 4. I LOVED that "Green" gown you wore for St. Paddy's Day on one of your cruises. :) Of course, I LOVED all of your gowns!

Hope your surgery went well & that you'll be up & around soon. Take care. :)

Marie,

I hope you rest up and that you are up and around soon. I hope that your Doctor's visit went well and things are on track. I had my second followup today since my sinus surgery two weeks ago and unfortunately got the news that I have an infection and have to go back on meds... ugh.... and I thought that I was doing fine.

So relax and pamper yourself - you deserve it!

Debbie