Hot tubs are they really clean on cruise ships?

I've been in the hot tubs on cruise ships numerous times and never had any problems. Not yet at least. I do shower before I get in and, more importantly I shower when I get out.

I wonder how many women who state they won't go into a hot tub will go to a cheapie nail salon and submerse their feet in the whirlpool tubs during a pedicure? Those tubs are worse than a hot tub and I highly doubt they are cleaned in between customers, probably just surface sprayed, the filters need to be sanitized as well. I've watched the operators in those places and some of them only clean tools with cold water and wipe dry with a dirty towel. I'll never go to a cheapie nail salon again, the price you pay can cost you a finger or worse.

I think I trust the cleanliness of a hot tub before I'd trust the cleanliness of many nail salons. I pay more at a clean salon, they use disposable liners and I've watched her sanitize her tools. Disclaimer, I worked in the hair industry for years and know the consumer laws and what needs to be sanitized. Certain cleaning techniques and chemicals need to be used, just like in pools/hot tubs.

This thread could go on forever. Some of us are comfortable using hot tubs and others are not. Some of us obviously draw the line of reasonable risk at a different place than others. Nothing wrong with that.

The way things are going, my retirement savings won't last me into my 90's anyway, so i'll get into that hot tub, and I'll bask in that direct sunlight (wearing only an SPF 10 no less!!), I'll skip spending 20 mins wiping down all surfaces of my cabin when I board, heck I'll even use the tongs at the buffet!!!! :cool:

See you in the hot tub!

This thread could go on forever. Some of us are comfortable using hot tubs and others are not. Some of us obviously draw the line of reasonable risk at a different place than others. Nothing wrong with that.

The way things are going, my retirement savings won't last me into my 90's anyway, so i'll get into that hot tub, and I'll bask in that direct sunlight (wearing only an SPF 10 no less!!), I'll skip spending 20 mins wiping down all surfaces of my cabin when I board, heck I'll even use the tongs at the buffet!!!! :cool:

See you in the hot tub!

LOL - I'll be waving, drink in hand. But I will be wearing the spf 50. :D

I personally thing that hot tubs are "human stew"

I really don't think it needs anymore then that!

Well THAT is short, (not too) sweet and to the point! Interesting way to sum it up! I agree!:)

It is also VERY dangerous for young kids to be in them, along with pregnant women and anyone with a bad ticker. Sometimes I want to smack people who let little kids in there....

Human Soup :rolleyes:

See you in the hot tub!

I'm not a germaphobe (much) but I'd rethink that SPF 10 if I were you. I have a sister with melanoma, so I'm aware of the danger. Even if you don't get skin cancer (most people don't) but by the time you are my age young man, (snicker) your skin will have damage and your face could make you look older than you are. Every now and then I get a barnacle type thing growing on my face that has to be removed. Oh the wretchedness of all this fish-belly white skin!

BTW, we thank you for using the tongs at the buffet though. :)

I'm not a germaphobe (much) but I'd rethink that SPF 10 if I were you. I have a sister with melanoma, so I'm aware of the danger. Even if you don't get skin cancer (most people don't) but by the time you are my age young man, (snicker) your skin will have damage and your face could make you look older than you are. Every now and then I get a barnacle type thing growing on my face that has to be removed. Oh the wretchedness of all this fish-belly white skin!

BTW, we thank you for using the tongs at the buffet though. :)

Er, um, It is Fair, it is a Fair Complextion. I have yet to find "fish belly white" at the cosmetic counter! ;)

DH says by the time I get finished with the hat, sunscreen and umbrellas the sun is running for cover.

Tongs? Who uses tongs? Isn't that why we were given hands. :confused: J/K - really, it is a JOKE. OMG! Here comes the cruiser with the Clorox Wipes.

As a CPO and Pool Management Company owner for 20 years I would not get into a public hot tub. Not on a ship, in a hotel or any other public area.

It is like stewing in germs.....even if they dump them each night the chemicals alone can't keep up with the volume of people who use the tub all day.

YUCK!!!!

Archived