Help! Nite transportation to ship in Venice

SDcruising

Can anyone (especially those recently off the Ruby) tell me how you got to and fro the ship in Venice? Especially at night? Thank you so much

~ BJ

Princess offered/offers a shuttle, I believe thru the evening. Was very convenient. They were so nice to also charge round trip tickets automatically to your cabin and left them in your room ;)

Our cruise on Ruby Princess will be overnighting in Venice too, I'd be interested to know how late this shuttle from the ship to St. Mark's Square stop goes. Is it a continuous shuttle or on a time schedule? I read that it is $10.00 or is it 10.00 Euros? Is it a 24 hour shuttle pass? Can this pass also be used on the other vaporetti or is it only for this shuttle vaporetto only? Any info on this would be appreciated.

I was lucky enough to vist Venice about 5 years ago and with a group we had a private taxi. Yes, this was one of my highlights as well. We had such a great view because it was our own taxi. Gorgeous! I'm looking forward to a more romantic trip without a bus/taxi load of teenagers this time!! ;-)

You can't get a bus to San Marco Square as it's on the island. You can take the local train across the causeway from Mestre station to Venezia (about 65 cents) or take a vaporetto (water taxi) which is the easiest way of getting around Venezia.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived