How much luggage per person?

sooper

How much do frequent cruisers bring with them to cruise for 7 nights? We have a group of 5 going to Alaska and spending a couple nights in Vancouver. I'm thinkng that the airlines charge extra for check in luggage, and when renting a car, there's limited space for luggage, right?

What's the most one brings and the least?

We have seen people who carry on one rolling bag each. They don't check anything. We saw one woman come onboard for a 16 nght cruise with 24 suitcases, but only 12 of them were full. The rest were to be filled along the way.

I bring as much as the airline will allow! I am not a "light packer!" As far as the ship goes, most lines allow 200 lbs. PER PERSON! (I don't go THAT far with packing!!!)

You can reduce what you bring, especially on an Alaskan cruise by bringing layering items, and re-wearing things more than once!!! And, shoes...they're what really adds on the weight (especially men's shoes!)...try to wear your heaviest shoes and only pack a few pair.

Ahhhh packing, one of the most fun parts of cruising. For 7 day cruises I can get by with a 22" roll aboard and a very large tote bag. I always pack a flat nylon tote bag too in case I feel like I need to check an item on the way back. This generally only happens if I buy stuff along the way. For my 17 day cruise I did check a 25" suitcase and carried on a 13" rolling, under the seat bag and a tote.

Yes, pack lightweight layering pieces for Alaska and don't worry about something different 3 times a day. My greatest piece of advice received about cruising was, "nobody will notice what you have on." :cool: Have a super cruise!

We bring two checked pieces and a carryon suitcase for each of us as well as a personal item such as a computer bag which has our computer, camera, printer dock for camera, nuvi, and assorted cords for my hubby and my large purse which has our travel docs, credit cards, deck of cards, etc.

I just figure the extra charges for overweight or extra luggage as part of the total air cost.

Archived