What have you learned?

wines60

I too am just so grateful for all the help. I've only cruised 3 times and only prior to the last one did I discover CC. What a difference that has made!:D Leaving in 3 days on my first HAL cruise and am so excited, I have all kinds of notes on things to do, food, drinks, wine cards, etc. And if I don't use all my pours I'll leave it in the Bible!! I love that! ;) Am going to try a Wang Wang too.:)

Thanks all you good people, Sue

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

Whoa Copper, I didn't know what was in it and just saw this!:D I better drink it on my verandah so I can just fall in the bed!;) It sounds great, I'm trying it.

Sue

Going to the spa and booking a weekly pass to the hydopool and thermal suite right away. Info about suites. Shore ex advice. There are so many wonderful things to learn and the people on HAL boards answer your questions quickly. Thanks everyone.

Whoa Copper, I didn't know what was in it and just saw this!:D I better drink it on my verandah so I can just fall in the bed!;) It sounds great, I'm trying it.

Sue

Make sure you fall into your bed and not down the other side of the verandah!;) Actually they're more fun in the Crow's Nest or in the Northern Lights - loosens you up for a little dancing!

Folks who purchase wine cards & do not use them up completely by the end of their cruise will sometimes place them in the cabin bible for the next guest. Kinda paying it forward. Unfortunately, we've never found any. But then again, we haven't left any either! :p:p

I Timothy 5:23 is where I always put my extra wine cards...."Take a little wine for the stomach's sake" Makes me smile all by myself.

After 5 years' HAL cruising, just when I think I'm an old pro, I discover that you can order espresso/cappuccino in the dining room, and now... the Wang Wang!! I'm in big trouble. (I don't suppose it qualifies for the 2 for 1 Happy Hour!)

I have learned SO much here, and we haven't even gone on our cruise yet.

I learned stuff like: What a GUAR *really* means, best times to get dinner reservations, what to/not to bring/pack, various menus, entertainment, wine cards, how to dress/not dress on formal night, etc. etc. etc.

I feel like an old pro and haven't cruised yet!

I have to second dandro on this - I'll be on the same cruise, first time with HAL and first cruise in seven years. Thanks to all of you wonderful folks, I feel like I'm going in with a good understanding of the ins and outs with HAL. How to use the Neptune Lounge, the glories of aft balconies, the string quartet on Westerdam right now, Pinnacle Grill for suite breakfast, getting on ship as soon as 11:30, booking cooking classes first thing, bringing on unlimited wine, the dangers of carrying multiple plates around the Lido/fake krab sightings/customs lines :p - what haven't I learned on here?

Archived