Internet on the Dawn - can anyone help?

pcavalcanto

Good day everyone. I'm on the Dawn next week from NYC to Bermuda and bringing my laptop. I've been on NCL but not the Dawn. Does anyone have recent knowledge of incabin access, or wireless access? I know they have the internet area/cafe. I'm more interested in inroom or wireless access around this ship. Also, are there power adapters needed?

Long needed trip and looking forward to a great experience!

Thanks,

Phil

No need for power adapters. WiFi in most of the public areas but not in the cabins. There is a list detailing the WiFi coverage on NCL.com. I will see if I can find it again.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=InternetCafe

The PDF at the link above provides details on coverage and how to use the service.

DAWN

Atrium Deck 7, 8 & 9, Deck 12

Poolside, Conference Room & Library

Above posting gives all the rates, etc.

Understand that the expensive connection is not broadband and sometimes is closer to dial up speeds.

As to power, you will have power in your cabin for charging your laptop. If you have a short battery life, you might have a problem finding power in the public areas using US type plugs.

And, depending on what category cabin you're in, you may be able to plug into the network. In AB penthouses and above, there will be an ethernet plug for you to use. But, like others have said, no wifi in the cabins.

Hey don't forget to join your roll call. You've got a great bunch going next week!

Thanks. Appreciate it. We are in a BB this go around. So I'll be relying on the public areas. Was on the Jewel 3 years ago on a TA. The ship had ethernet in the balconies. I guess they have still not refit all the other ships yet. I know it's on the plans, so they say. But thanks! Already booked on our next with a bunch of friends on Royal Caribbean 102310 rome to FLL. If interested in joining let me know. Thanks, Phil pcavalcanto@cbpref.com

• 7 months later...

Archived