Our trip on the valor

Cruisin 3

My wife and I recently returned from our cruise on the Carnival Valor. It was a cool ship but it has the same floor plan as a lot of their ships. I think next time we will look for something different. I wanted to put some things in Cruise Critic since it helped me so much for my cruise. I'll stick to the meat and potatoes:

Our room had two portholes. Cool, but not worth the extra money. Go with an inside stateroom if you don't want to spend all the extra money for a window.

Grand Cayman - my third time there. Expensive, beautiful, and expensive. Lot's of shopping but you have to really look for the deals. Turtle farm was cool. You get to hold baby sea turtles. Atlantis Submarine is cool but the water was gloomy. Pretty sweet being 100 feet underwater though. 7 mile beach is great but the restaurants there sell hamburgers and hot dogs. That sucked.

Honduras - Victor Bodden Tours - they will take you anywhere you want to go on just about any kind of excursion and it's a great price. Plus Victor Bodden has a lot of monkeys at his house you can play with. Julio was our tour guide and he was awesome. Great tour company. Do some research and you here nothing but great things. Honduras was beautiful and by far the best stop of the trip.

Belize - Not a fan. The tender process took an hour. This caused us to miss our planned excursion to Captain Our Own Boat. Plan an excursion ahead of time and you could have fun. Belize is not that great but the tubing is suppose to be awesome. Do not plan on walking around the city. It doesn't look like a good time. We took a city and country side tour. We wish we had stayed on the ship. Belize looks like Oklahoma with a few palm trees.

No Cozumel:eek:

Key West - beautiful and touristy. The aquarium is good for a quick stop. They feed some sharks and sting rays. That was cool but it was a small place. The shipwreck museum was horrible. Sorry guys. You can just walk around Key West which is cool. The conch train doesn't stop but it's a good way to check things out. I here the trolly is a good way to go but we didn't use it. Enjoyed Key West but is was no Cozumel.

The ship was what we expected. Beautiful, clean, and a friendly staff. The shows were good. The food in the dining room was really good but the buffet was hit and miss. The seaside theatre was cool but they just showed pictures of the beach and people surfing during the day and some not so great movies at night. It was a good ship. I would recommend it.

The best part of our cruise - a bartender from Indonesia named Titing. She was awesome. We visited her bar every night except one (I was a little hung over). She was very personable and made a great connection with us. It was great to have someone on board to create a friendship with. I highly recommend looking for Titing if your ever on the Valor. We will be looking for her on our next cruise.

Sounds like you had a fun cruise. We loved the Valor last year.

You are right....Valor has the same floor plan (layout) as all the Conquest class ships.

If you are looking for something a little different, you might try a Spirit class ship. Pride, Miracle, Legend and Spirit are Spirit class. The layout is a little different on those ships, and they are slightly smaller. I love Spirit class.

:)

Sounds like you had a fun cruise. We loved the Valor last year.

You are right....Valor has the same floor plan (layout) as all the Conquest class ships.

If you are looking for something a little different, you might try a Spirit class ship. Pride, Miracle, Legend and Spirit are Spirit class. The layout is a little different on those ships, and they are slightly smaller. I love Spirit class.

:)

I second that. Conquest class is my least favorite class - don't care much for the Lido deck. Like the Fantasy class as they are more intimate. Sprit is the best of both worlds - intimacy of the small ship with the ammenities of a larger ship, such as supper club.

My wife and I recently returned from our cruise on the Carnival Valor. It was a cool ship but it has the same floor plan as a lot of their ships. I think next time we will look for something different.

Great review!! I too have been ready for a new "floor plan" so we choose the Miracle for our next cruise after 5 ships with similar layouts. If you haven't already seen the Miracle check it out!

The best part of our cruise - a bartender from Indonesia named Titing. She was awesome. We visited her bar every night except one (I was a little hung over). She was very personable and made a great connection with us. It was great to have someone on board to create a friendship with. I highly recommend looking for Titing if your ever on the Valor. We will be looking for her on our next cruise.

Where does Titing work, which bar is she usually at? I am going on the Valor on the 30th. Thanks

I second that. Conquest class is my least favorite class - don't care much for the Lido deck. Like the Fantasy class as they are more intimate. Sprit is the best of both worlds - intimacy of the small ship with the ammenities of a larger ship, such as supper club.

I third that. Spirit class rocks

Thanks for the review, we just booked her for Sept. 6th. Hopefully she will be going back to Cozumel by then. But if not Key West is just as fine. I know Key West inside and out.. And still can enjoy it...:)

• 1 month later...
I am yet to decide what to do in Belize :(

We just got off the Valor (Western Caribbean) on the 28th and we had a wonderful time. Ship was nice, food was good, service was good. No complaints!

I actually thought Belize was my favorite stop. You just have to take an excursion to get out of the city.

We did an excursion with Coral Breeze Tours ( www.coralbreezetours.com ). It was the Stingray Alley Snorkel / Caye Caulker Exploration. The sites and crew were great!

We only got to see a little of Caye Caulker, but it left me wanting to go back there just to hang on the beach, walk the sand roads, and watch time slip away!

Take care,

Paul

Archived