Cruising to Healthy

brooklynfc

Well, I'm up about .4 today, but I can see where my little splurge the other night and some MN weight is probably going to come into play here. I did get a nice 40 min. workout in last night, so I'm proud of that.

BK: WW muffin (egg, candian bacon)

1 grande skinny vanilla latte

S: Turkey slices and banana

L: 1 c of brown rice with sausage crumbles

I forgot my veggie this morning......:rolleyes:

S: Turkey Pepperoni and banana

D: Last night I opted to help mom eat some of the potato soup (since I asked for it), so tonight a chicken and veggie combo

W: Lets go for 50 mins.!

Please tell me its just not fat people who buy a pair of pants that fits really well when standing up, but when you sit they just feel too tight, but when you stand again, they have become all baggy.............:eek:

Good Choices.

:D That is so fuuny I thought you were going to say they are too short. I think everyone feels the same about pants unless they are just too tight to begin with.

Well, I'm up about .4 today, but I can see where my little splurge the other night and some MN weight is probably going to come into play here. I did get a nice 40 min. workout in last night, so I'm proud of that.

BK: WW muffin (egg, candian bacon)

1 grande skinny vanilla latte

S: Turkey slices and banana

L: 1 c of brown rice with sausage crumbles

I forgot my veggie this morning......:rolleyes:

S: Turkey Pepperoni and banana

D: Last night I opted to help mom eat some of the potato soup (since I asked for it), so tonight a chicken and veggie combo

W: Lets go for 50 mins.!

Please tell me its just not fat people who buy a pair of pants that fits really well when standing up, but when you sit they just feel too tight, but when you stand again, they have become all baggy.............:eek:

Good Choices.

P. I can give you some good Miami recommendations (my stomping grounds). Bayside to me is an over-run tourist trap area and I don't find it to be the safest though there are a lot of people there. Overpriced everything.

If you want a good govt rate and have a car, I would go to the Marriott Biscayne Bay a stone's throw from the port. I can get a gov't rate there for around $99-$109 per night. If your a rewards member ususally they give you the rooms with a nice view of the port. One time they gave me a high floor with 3 walls of windows and I could see 5 ships going out. On South Beach there is a Marriott courtyard too. Sunny Isles in North Miami beach is a great area too , or even Hollywood Beach (Westin Diplomat)

If you do drive, you might consider staying in Delray Beach or Boca Raton north less than an hour. More "beachy-kitchy" kind of town. I love Delray as you can walk to the beach, clubs, bars, shops, restaurants, you name it. There is a Residence Inn and also a Marriott close to the beach and some great mom and pop places.

You could consult with Trip Advisor...that's a great resource for reviews and prices.

Thanks for the ideas. I'd love to go to South Beach, so the Marriott appeals to me. DH and I have a standing joke about South Beach because, although I am a FL native and he has lived here since 3rd grade, neither of us have ever visited S. Beach. When I suggested to him one time that we should go for a weekend, his response was, "we're too old for S. Beach!". Needless to day, I was NOT happy with that response, and I've never let him forget it!:) So, long story short, he now owes me a trip to S. Beach. Not sure if it will be this trip or another one, but one day, I'm getting to S. Beach!!

Bayside sounds like City Walk in Orlando...a place the locals avoid like the plague and full of tourists!! We walked into Emeril's in City Walk one night, thinking we'd eat there and were seated in the stark, art deco style restaurant and took one look at the menu, with it's $70 entrees, and at the other patrons, all in theme park attire and sweaty from the FL heat, and decided if we were going to pay $70 for a meal, we at least wanted some place with a bit of ambiance and left. I honestly don't see how they stay in business with their prices, but I guess Emeril's name sells! Same with Bubba Gump and Margaritaville...overpriced food and full of tourists!!:)

Happened to me today...wore a pair of pants that fit just fine until I sat down and then they cut into my stomach! I was so happy to get home and take them off. Tomorrow, I'm wearing a dress....so much more comfortable in the FL heat!

Morning,

Ugh, I felt awful yesterday. Exhausted, sore shoulders, stuffy nose. I'm praying its just allergies b/c I've been sneezing like crazy. Last night I got home and ate comfort food. Somehow I still managed to stay in my points for the day, but it wasn't really "good" choices. I had like 30 of those frozen crinkle fries, some chocolate cheeries (like 1 c 1/2), then a WW dessert.

Now what I wanted was a double cheeseburger and large mcds fries with a dr. pepper. I have no idea why I turn to that when I feel sick like this?? It makes no sense. Why not a big bowl of soup? Of course, I take into consideration that MN nature should be here really soon, I'm sick and I'm still grieving a bit. Not to mention my grandfather is coming in with my aunts this weekend, the last time they were there, so was my grandmother......................okay I'm still grieving.

The scale was 314.2 this morning. But my lowest weight was still 312 this week. I doubt I'll see 311 this coming week due to MN natural weight gain, but if I can put my WAR face on and hold it steady them maybe I will see a good loss the following week.

I've already planned for the fact that mom will probably throw some pizzas in the oven tonight for dinner.

BK: WW muffin. Its a nice change and still low fat, high protien

1 grande skinny latte (I know, I need to drink tea for caf. and hot)

S: turkey pepperonis and fruit cup

L: Turkey slices some mayo and mustard

leftover mashed potatoes about 1 c

S: If I want it........haven't been really feeling my snacks lately, but I need them to help keep my calorie count up high enough.

Turkey slices

Fruit cup

D: Pizza

W: I hope to grab one tonight, depending on when my family gets in.

Now, if I can make it through the work day. Non-drowsy decongestant doesn't matter to me, my body reacts the same to it as it does the reg. I had to take some this morning, so I will be fighting that feeling for most of the day, plus the hot flashes.

Have to work on Sunday afternoon, so I best get myself back up to par.

Good Choices.

South Beach..forget it..go when it's off season for better rates and equally as good people watching! It's worse than driving on 95 on a Monday morning in Miami if you go any time at night, esp. on a weekend night. I love South Beach in the summer when it's less crowded.

I think you'd like Delray..it has that definite south beach feel but without the prices and traffic and great cafes. The Marriott is across the street from the beach and you can walk everywhere. And you are under an hour from the port of Miami. All those places you mentioned..Margaritaville, etc..I never understand what the draw is. I used to have a home in Jamaica and all the Americans would flock there when there were by far so many more local great spots..same in Florida..why would you go to Bubba Gumps that buys their seafood elsewhere when you can get fresh at a more local place??

Good luck..sometimes the Marriott on south beach will have a good rate..depends on when you go.

Thanks for the ideas. I'd love to go to South Beach, so the Marriott appeals to me. DH and I have a standing joke about South Beach because, although I am a FL native and he has lived here since 3rd grade, neither of us have ever visited S. Beach. When I suggested to him one time that we should go for a weekend, his response was, "we're too old for S. Beach!". Needless to day, I was NOT happy with that response, and I've never let him forget it!:) So, long story short, he now owes me a trip to S. Beach. Not sure if it will be this trip or another one, but one day, I'm getting to S. Beach!!

Bayside sounds like City Walk in Orlando...a place the locals avoid like the plague and full of tourists!! We walked into Emeril's in City Walk one night, thinking we'd eat there and were seated in the stark, art deco style restaurant and took one look at the menu, with it's $70 entrees, and at the other patrons, all in theme park attire and sweaty from the FL heat, and decided if we were going to pay $70 for a meal, we at least wanted some place with a bit of ambiance and left. I honestly don't see how they stay in business with their prices, but I guess Emeril's name sells! Same with Bubba Gump and Margaritaville...overpriced food and full of tourists!!:)

Happened to me today...wore a pair of pants that fit just fine until I sat down and then they cut into my stomach! I was so happy to get home and take them off. Tomorrow, I'm wearing a dress....so much more comfortable in the FL heat!

South Beach..forget it..go when it's off season for better rates and equally as good people watching! It's worse than driving on 95 on a Monday morning in Miami if you go any time at night, esp. on a weekend night. I love South Beach in the summer when it's less crowded.

I think you'd like Delray..it has that definite south beach feel but without the prices and traffic and great cafes. The Marriott is across the street from the beach and you can walk everywhere. And you are under an hour from the port of Miami. All those places you mentioned..Margaritaville, etc..I never understand what the draw is. I used to have a home in Jamaica and all the Americans would flock there when there were by far so many more local great spots..same in Florida..why would you go to Bubba Gumps that buys their seafood elsewhere when you can get fresh at a more local place??

Good luck..sometimes the Marriott on south beach will have a good rate..depends on when you go.

Thanks for the recommendation. Is Nov. considered " in season"? In Orlando, it's really crowded during the summer when the tourists flock to the theme parks, but quieter in the winter. I really don't know when the Miami area "season" is.

Gathina, I visited Jamaica many years ago back in 1988 staying in Montego Bay at the Wyndam Rose Hall (I think it's a different brand hotel now). We visited again a year later. Back then, there were no chain restaurants and you had to eat locally. I remember the curry goat, peas and rice and akee...all very good and fresh tasting. I enjoyed it back then, but the last several times I've visited on cruises, it seems the people just have a desperation about them and will not leave you alone. I never felt scared all those years ago, but now it is not a place I feel terribly safe in. The one exception was Mystic Mt, in Ochos Rios...we really enjoyed that and felt safe, but other times in Montego Bay and at the Bamboo Beach Club in Ochos Rios, it was just a miserable experience! Very sad, because it is a beautiful country!

I've spent the morning cleaning out my closet...getting rid of clothes I won't wear anymore. I joined a fb site where people sell used plus sized clothing, so I think I might try to sell a few pieces. Some still have the tags on and have never been worn!! I hope to never be a 2X again! It is fun trying on clothes that were too tight just a short while ago to find they fit again. Some clothes, I lost out on completely...they were too tight at one time, but now are huge, so I missed the window of opportunity to wear them!! I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing! Of course there are those few pieces that qualify as "what was I thinking when I bought this???" One being a sparkly red sequined evening jacket that I was talked into purchasing by my theater loving son!! Uh...maybe it would be good for Liza Minnelli, but is definitely not me. The killer is my DH and I were at a wine tasting event where they had an opera singer and I had on this jacket. Well, opera singers are not known for being thin, and this woman had on my red jacket...the same one I was wearing at the time. After the event, as we were walking out, a gentleman complimented me on my singing...I was mortified that I had been mistaken for the rather large opera singer. Did I start my diet right then...nah, I waited another year. What was I thinking!!!:confused:

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!!

Edited by pcrum

Of course there are those few pieces that qualify as "what was I thinking when I bought this???" One being a sparkly red sequined evening jacket that I was talked into purchasing by my theater loving son!! Uh...maybe it would be good for Liza Minnelli, but is definitely not me. The killer is my DH and I were at a wine tasting event where they had an opera singer and I had on this jacket. Well, opera singers are not known for being thin, and this woman had on my red jacket...the same one I was wearing at the time. After the event, as we were walking out, a gentleman complimented me on my singing...I was mortified that I had been mistaken for the rather large opera singer. Did I start my diet right then...nah, I waited another year. What was I thinking!!!:confused:

Lol...that is too funny! We all have "what was I thinking?" pieces, although as I buy more high quality pieces, I hope I avoid that! And you have to lose weight when you're ready to make the commitment. You can know you need to lose weight, but if you aren't ready, it won't work.

I think Orlando has tourist season 24/7..because of Disney World..I ran in the Princess and Wine and Dine half marathons last year..I hate the traffic in Orlando..horrible..so many foreigners and no clue on how to drive in our country..I stayed at the Yacht Club and the Contemporary Resort..the hotels are fabulous, but I hate the crowds! I think we have more of a 'season' in my area because we are right on the beach.

Jamaica..a real misunderstood country..I probably have a different take than most, because my ex was Jamaican and I'd been all over the country with them and in their homes. It is very poor there..I asked my Jamaican family about the pushiness..they gave a good perspective. They are very poor, so they see a big behemoth ship roll in with a couple thousand passengers. To them, it means money. So they push harder to sell whatever. The $5 trinket they push might seem cheap to you, but in their money its closer to $20 and many of them live off a couple hundred per year..no joke..the way I see it is I've wasted $5 on other things before, and if it's going to help some woman feed her kids for a week then it's ok. Most of them are really harmless. Once I was in a bar with my ex and a fight broke out over the shop rent..one guy ran out with a machete and the other ran chasing him with a saw. I of course, was terrified by N. said "Oh, they'll work it out in a few"..and that they did.

Thanks for the recommendation. Is Nov. considered " in season"? In Orlando, it's really crowded during the summer when the tourists flock to the theme parks, but quieter in the winter. I really don't know when the Miami area "season" is.

Gathina, I visited Jamaica many years ago back in 1988 staying in Montego Bay at the Wyndam Rose Hall (I think it's a different brand hotel now). We visited again a year later. Back then, there were no chain restaurants and you had to eat locally. I remember the curry goat, peas and rice and akee...all very good and fresh tasting. I enjoyed it back then, but the last several times I've visited on cruises, it seems the people just have a desperation about them and will not leave you alone. I never felt scared all those years ago, but now it is not a place I feel terribly safe in. The one exception was Mystic Mt, in Ochos Rios...we really enjoyed that and felt safe, but other times in Montego Bay and at the Bamboo Beach Club in Ochos Rios, it was just a miserable experience! Very sad, because it is a beautiful country!

I've spent the morning cleaning out my closet...getting rid of clothes I won't wear anymore. I joined a fb site where people sell used plus sized clothing, so I think I might try to sell a few pieces. Some still have the tags on and have never been worn!! I hope to never be a 2X again! It is fun trying on clothes that were too tight just a short while ago to find they fit again. Some clothes, I lost out on completely...they were too tight at one time, but now are huge, so I missed the window of opportunity to wear them!! I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing! Of course there are those few pieces that qualify as "what was I thinking when I bought this???" One being a sparkly red sequined evening jacket that I was talked into purchasing by my theater loving son!! Uh...maybe it would be good for Liza Minnelli, but is definitely not me. The killer is my DH and I were at a wine tasting event where they had an opera singer and I had on this jacket. Well, opera singers are not known for being thin, and this woman had on my red jacket...the same one I was wearing at the time. After the event, as we were walking out, a gentleman complimented me on my singing...I was mortified that I had been mistaken for the rather large opera singer. Did I start my diet right then...nah, I waited another year. What was I thinking!!!:confused:

Here here..as someone who lost 40 lbs the last 3 months, (and was in denial..I mean, how does a distance runner still gain 40 lbs and run!) I never bought any new clothes and am thrilled to wear my favorite old ones. For me, buying bigger sizes was only accepting that I was overweight.

Lol...that is too funny! We all have "what was I thinking?" pieces, although as I buy more high quality pieces, I hope I avoid that! And you have to lose weight when you're ready to make the commitment. You can know you need to lose weight, but if you aren't ready, it won't work.

I think Orlando has tourist season 24/7..because of Disney World..I ran in the Princess and Wine and Dine half marathons last year..I hate the traffic in Orlando..horrible..so many foreigners and no clue on how to drive in our country..I stayed at the Yacht Club and the Contemporary Resort..the hotels are fabulous, but I hate the crowds! I think we have more of a 'season' in my area because we are right on the beach.

Jamaica..a real misunderstood country..I probably have a different take than most, because my ex was Jamaican and I'd been all over the country with them and in their homes. It is very poor there..I asked my Jamaican family about the pushiness..they gave a good perspective. They are very poor, so they see a big behemoth ship roll in with a couple thousand passengers. To them, it means money. So they push harder to sell whatever. The $5 trinket they push might seem cheap to you, but in their money its closer to $20 and many of them live off a couple hundred per year..no joke..the way I see it is I've wasted $5 on other things before, and if it's going to help some woman feed her kids for a week then it's ok. Most of them are really harmless. Once I was in a bar with my ex and a fight broke out over the shop rent..one guy ran out with a machete and the other ran chasing him with a saw. I of course, was terrified by N. said "Oh, they'll work it out in a few"..and that they did.

Yes, I sense the air of desperation of the people...very sad. I wish more could be done for the country!!

Yes, the tourists in Orlando are crazy drivers...we are quite used to someone in the far left lane making a right hand turn in front of us!! We try to stay off of International Drive, where it is the worse.

The Yacht Club and Contemporary are beautiful. My kids have annual passes to WDW, but DH and I have not had passes for several years. The crowds never seemed to die down...just when a slow season is approaching, Disney does something like a marathon race to bring the people right back in!! We enjoy spending time in the hotels, but between the crowds and the heat, the theme parks are not for us!

I spent the day finishing in my closet... it is so nice to see it organized and to get rid of those large clothes. May I never see another size that starts with a 2 again...unless, of course, a size 2, lol!!

Last night DH and I went out to dinner. Orlando has "magical dining month" in Sept where a lot of higher end restaurants offer 3 courses for $30. We take advantage of it every year. Last night was Morton's and the first dessert I've had in I can't remember how long. I enjoyed every bite of my creme brulee (and 2 glasses of wine, something else I rarely do), but today, it was right back on the diet. I'm loving the 3 day weekend...I think every weekend needs to be 3 days!!:)

Edited by pcrum
grammar

Just made final pymt on our Nov. cruise today. The final pymt was due 9/3. This is the first time I've booked directly with Carnival and in the past, a travel agent has charged our credit card the day the payment is due. I actually almost forgot to make the final pymt and was surprised that Carnival was not sending out e-mail reminders. Do they hope you won't pay and they can possible sell the cabin for a higher amount? I just don't get why they wouldn't be reminding you. We have so much going on this weekend, that I could have very easily forgotten all about it!! Thank goodness I remembered, but still, a scary thought.

It looks like the all inclusive bar program is on the Splendor too. We are debating on whether or not to order it if it's on our ship. We usually buy a wine pkg for dinners and including cocktails, I'm thinking the all inclusive might work for us. I need to go back and look at previous sail and sign statements to be sure, but it seems like we are spending over $40 a day!! Of course, the calories come into play too. I have not been drinking much at all this past year and would hate to put on a lot of weight from empty alcohol calories. But, DH and I are celebrating (if that's the word!:() turning 50, so some cocktails are in order. Not sure what to do...

Just made final pymt on our Nov. cruise today. The final pymt was due 9/3. This is the first time I've booked directly with Carnival and in the past, a travel agent has charged our credit card the day the payment is due. I actually almost forgot to make the final pymt and was surprised that Carnival was not sending out e-mail reminders. Do they hope you won't pay and they can possible sell the cabin for a higher amount? I just don't get why they wouldn't be reminding you. We have so much going on this weekend, that I could have very easily forgotten all about it!! Thank goodness I remembered, but still, a scary thought.

It looks like the all inclusive bar program is on the Splendor too. We are debating on whether or not to order it if it's on our ship. We usually buy a wine pkg for dinners and including cocktails, I'm thinking the all inclusive might work for us. I need to go back and look at previous sail and sign statements to be sure, but it seems like we are spending over $40 a day!! Of course, the calories come into play too. I have not been drinking much at all this past year and would hate to put on a lot of weight from empty alcohol calories. But, DH and I are celebrating (if that's the word!:() turning 50, so some cocktails are in order. Not sure what to do...

I thought about it too, in case it was on the ship when I cruised, but I think with us having four ports and only two sea days, plus the all inclusive at Mr. Sanchos...........I would never come out even on it. I usually only spend about $100-$150 on drinks total (and that is the $8 ones), if that. The calories came into play for me too. Why make myself feel like I need to drink more just b/c I spent the money. Its like a buffet.....just dangerous.

I mean that is my two cent worth, if it helps.

I don't want to talk about the weekend..........other than I made better choices, but not good choices. The triple threat of grief, family and MN def. won out in the end, but I put up a good fight. But the cravings should be over, the family is gone and I'm not feeling to hungry with all the congestion.

I've managed to knock my back out by being stupid. I worked with the Stop Hunger Now event at my job on Sunday and ended up on the end of 10b boxes heaving them around for about 2 hours (off and on, but in constant movement). Now my back is out of alignment and I know it for sure b/c of the specific pain I'm having and the fact........now this sounds strange, but its true, that my underwear fall down on one side b/c of the slant in my spine. I'm trying to make myself as comfortable as possible at work, but its hard. The chiro is closed today and tuesday..........

But I guess I got a GREAT workout, so there is a positive.

BK: WW muffin

1 grande skinny latte

S: Pineapple and maybe some skim milk w/ protein powder

L: chef salad with ham bits/cheese/lettuce/ranch

S: mixed fresh berries with probably protein milk

D: I don't know..........I threw all the above together b/c I just didn't plan.

W: Well, if my back will let me, I will try.

When it rains, it pours. I've seemed to had a streak of maybe not bad luck, but not great luck. But I'm not complaining, I promise. I'm still very blessed in my life and I'm not going to forget that.

Good Choices.

It has got to stop raining............on my life. :rolleyes:

No excuses. But I couldn't even move enough to get on the bike. I spend most of the night trying to stretch out the muscles and trying to pop things back into place to no avail.

My sinus' are worse, but back is stiffer and MN isn't making things any easier, especially with extra inflammation.

I'm packing in vitamens, decongestant, saline spray, aroma inhalers, expectorant, allergy meds (non decongestant), and anti-inflams. I'm really not in the mood for food, but my stomach growls at me. And I'm up to 316 again. I NEED CONTROL BACK IN MY LIFE!

Okay, I'm calm. I'm going to be level headed............this too shall pass and things will become normal again. I have two months left until the cruise and that means I could lose another 8lbs at the very least. I have to think and be positive and things will turn around.

BK: WW bk meal with turkey sausage and two small wheat pancakes, 1 tbsp of all natural syrup.

S: Fruit cup and 1/3 c of oatmeal

L: Bought some chicken veggie soup.

S: yogurt and fruit cup

D: Hopefully better than last nights stupidity. Chicken and baked potato is probably fine.

W: I don't know, I will try again.

I'm not a victim, I can change my circumstances.

Good choices.

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been away for a few weeks, but know I am back to doing my daily lurking and occasional posting. :)

We got home just over a week ago from our cruise on the Liberty.....we had a WONDERFUL trip. The ship is wonderful with all of the 2.0 upgrades. My hubby loved the Guy's Burger Joint and I enjoyed the burrito bar for lunch twice. We also had dinner with friends in the steakhouse one evening, which was delightful as always. I know a few of you are sailing out of Miami soon, so just an FYI ~ we stayed the night before sailing at the Hotel Urbano. LOVED it! It is a nice hotel with a beautful pool area. It was also nice that it was directly across the street from a trolley stop. The trolley runs free and I was amazed at how unused it is. All the trolley are in great condition and most of the time we got on and know one else was on board. While Bayside is a tourist trap ~ we did go there. LOL First for shopping ~ I am a shop-oholic and then back for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. We enjoyed it. :)

Today is back to school for our kiddos. I wish the summer didn't have to end! But, instead of being sad I will get myself pumped up for some nice fall activities.......football games, corn mazes, hockey and figure skating season. Plus, our next cruise (on the Dream) is just 73 days away at Thanksgiving. That will give me something to focus on! Today I am setting a new goal to reach 169 pounds by the time we leave for this trip! That gives me 73 days to drop about 14 pounds!! Wish me luck!

Pcrum ~ I noticed you said you stayed at the Contemporary at Disney. We are planning our Disney trip for Spring Break and are going to stay at the Bay Lake Tower Villas of the Contemporary. Any suggestions or info that you can offer??

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been away for a few weeks, but know I am back to doing my daily lurking and occasional posting. :)

We got home just over a week ago from our cruise on the Liberty.....we had a WONDERFUL trip. The ship is wonderful with all of the 2.0 upgrades. My hubby loved the Guy's Burger Joint and I enjoyed the burrito bar for lunch twice. We also had dinner with friends in the steakhouse one evening, which was delightful as always. I know a few of you are sailing out of Miami soon, so just an FYI ~ we stayed the night before sailing at the Hotel Urbano. LOVED it! It is a nice hotel with a beautful pool area. It was also nice that it was directly across the street from a trolley stop. The trolley runs free and I was amazed at how unused it is. All the trolley are in great condition and most of the time we got on and know one else was on board. While Bayside is a tourist trap ~ we did go there. LOL First for shopping ~ I am a shop-oholic and then back for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. We enjoyed it. :)

Today is back to school for our kiddos. I wish the summer didn't have to end! But, instead of being sad I will get myself pumped up for some nice fall activities.......football games, corn mazes, hockey and figure skating season. Plus, our next cruise (on the Dream) is just 73 days away at Thanksgiving. That will give me something to focus on! Today I am setting a new goal to reach 169 pounds by the time we leave for this trip! That gives me 73 days to drop about 14 pounds!! Wish me luck!

Pcrum ~ I noticed you said you stayed at the Contemporary at Disney. We are planning our Disney trip for Spring Break and are going to stay at the Bay Lake Tower Villas of the Contemporary. Any suggestions or info that you can offer??

So glad you had a great cruise! I will have to think up questions to ask you, lol.

Glad you had a good cruise. We are cruising Thanksgiving week too, but although we live in Orlando, we're not doing the Dream, but instead the Liberty!!

I've stayed at the Contemporary Hotel, but not the new Bay Lake Tower. If you can, get a room facing the MK...you will have awesome views of the fireworks. You can also watch the fireworks from the viewing platform outside on the 15th floor of the hotel (I think this is still true...some nights when they are really busy, it's only for patrons of the Calif Grill Restaurant, but other times, anyone can take the elevator up and go outside to the viewing platforms). On Bay Lake, behind the hotel, they do the night time water electrical parade, which is really pretty to see. Check the hotel for times...it's usually some time between 9 pm and 10 pm.

To get to the MK from the Contemporary, the quickest way is to walk and there is a paved path all the way.

A nice afternoon is to take the boat from the Contemporary to the Ft. Wilderness campgrounds and walk around and visit the petting area and horse stables. You can also rent bikes and golf carts there to ride around.

My kids (17 year old twins) still love to eat at Chef Mickeys on the 4th floor, not so much for the characters, but they love the food...prime rib and Mickey mac and cheese. I've not eaten at the new Wave restaurant (1st floor) yet, but the reviews I've seen are pretty good!

We love the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian hotel. My DD loves the tonga toast (deep fried french toast stuffed with bananas) and I love the sausage there...it tastes like real British bangers! The Irish pub in downtown Disney is also good and has pretty authentic food! If you are into Toms shoes, they custom paint them at the Curl store in downtown Disney...it takes them a few days, so if that's something you are interested in, have it done early in the trip. My theater loving son had the Evita profile put on a pair. Depending on the design, it's about $20-$30 to have the Toms painted.

Have a great time and if you have any other questions, just ask!

I thought about it too, in case it was on the ship when I cruised, but I think with us having four ports and only two sea days, plus the all inclusive at Mr. Sanchos...........I would never come out even on it. I usually only spend about $100-$150 on drinks total (and that is the $8 ones), if that. The calories came into play for me too. Why make myself feel like I need to drink more just b/c I spent the money. Its like a buffet.....just dangerous.

I mean that is my two cent worth, if it helps.

Thanks. I actually pulled our last sail and sign statement (from 4/11), when the 4 of us cruised. I added up our bar charges, including the wine pkg. we bought and we came out about $100 under what the all inclusive would cost for 2. While I didn't include the kids' soda cards in my calculation, I know there were some virgin drinks purchased for them, so my calculation of bar purchases was probably even a bit high (no way to tell from the statement which bar charges were for virgin drinks). So, for us, it wouldn't be cost effective. We also have an all inclusive day at Nachi Cocum booked for Cozumel, so that's one day that I know we wouldn't get our money's worth from the Carnival pkg. Plus, I have enough trouble convincing DH to get off the ship at the ports as it is, and if we had the all inclusive pkg., he'd never want to leave!:) I'm actually considering ordering from Bon Voyage this time, something we've never done before. With all the senior year expenses for the kids, I'm looking for ways to save money.

Hope you are feeling better, Brooke!!

We went out to dinner again last night to Flemings, one of the restaurants participating in the Orlando Magical Dining (3 courses for $30) plan. So, I had another glass of wine and dessert (creme brulee), but only ate about 1/2 of it. I tasted a small bite of my DH's turtle pie and it was horribly sweet. I think I've lost my taste for really sweet food. The rest of the meal was salad, steak and green beans, so was fine. But, I don't need dessert again for a while. I really did not enjoy it enough to justify the calories. I just feel so much better when I eat clean!! I could even taste the sugar in the wine...wish they made a sugar free wine!

:) You have some of the funniest expressions they make me laugh. I hope you start feeling better with all the stuff your taking and doing I would think it would knock you out. Feel Better Soon, time is ticking away.

It has got to stop raining............on my life. :rolleyes:

No excuses. But I couldn't even move enough to get on the bike. I spend most of the night trying to stretch out the muscles and trying to pop things back into place to no avail.

My sinus' are worse, but back is stiffer and MN isn't making things any easier, especially with extra inflammation.

I'm packing in vitamens, decongestant, saline spray, aroma inhalers, expectorant, allergy meds (non decongestant), and anti-inflams. I'm really not in the mood for food, but my stomach growls at me. And I'm up to 316 again. I NEED CONTROL BACK IN MY LIFE!

Okay, I'm calm. I'm going to be level headed............this too shall pass and things will become normal again. I have two months left until the cruise and that means I could lose another 8lbs at the very least. I have to think and be positive and things will turn around.

BK: WW bk meal with turkey sausage and two small wheat pancakes, 1 tbsp of all natural syrup.

S: Fruit cup and 1/3 c of oatmeal

L: Bought some chicken veggie soup.

S: yogurt and fruit cup

D: Hopefully better than last nights stupidity. Chicken and baked potato is probably fine.

W: I don't know, I will try again.

I'm not a victim, I can change my circumstances.

Good choices.

Okay, I read yesterday, but I never posted here.

I woke up and decided to go to the chiropractor, thank God he had a apt. open. I tried to get an apt with my Dr. to check for a sinus infection, but he was all booked up. So after my chiropractor apt. I went over to the Urgent care and they literally took me right back. Now it was a $40 co-pay b/c its considered an emergency center, but oh well. Hope they don't charge me an arm and leg through my insurance. So it was a sinus infection and he proscribed a Z Pak for me and told me to keep up with the decongestant and expectorant.

Now, I slept most of the day away yesterday, which I think my body needed. This morning I feel a bit better except that my stomach seems to be all messed up and I can only assume that its the antibiotic. I've been having hot flashes since yesterday and I woke up extremely dizzy. When I had to go back up the stairs to my room I had to lay down b/c the room was spinning. The problem is........these symptoms can be from the infection and they could be high blood pressure or they could be that I didn't sleep off the sleep aid I took last night. I'm still a bit dizzy, but nothing like I need to lay down. I made sure I was okay before I drove to work.

I didn't eat breakfast nor really bring anything to eat for today, other than what I have there already. I grabbed a skinny latte this morning and I'm sipping slowly b/c my stomach is just having a hard time. I feel like something bland would be my best bet, but I doubt I can find that anywhere that serves food at work, other than paying the full $6 to go into the cafe for a bagel or toast. I think I will try some yogurt later and see how that goes.

I hope my poor body gets a break soon, its struggling.

So, plan of action.

1. Get my back straight. DONE

2. Get my sinus straight. MOSTLY DONE

3. Get back into exercise. I'M GOING TO TRY TONIGHT

4. Get back into normal food patterns. THIS MAY TAKE A BIT LONGER IF THESE ANTIBIOTICS DON'T SETTLE DOWN. I am taking probiotics too.

5. Start losing weight again.

I'm not saying what I'm eating today. While my stomach gives me hunger pain signals, it always lurches at me at the same time. I will just have to take it a little food at a time and see what I can come up with around here that I can eat.

Good Choices.

Oooo, I know.

Someone on the boards said that there is a seperate area for Plat/Diamd. and FTF people to drop off their luggage, did you notice this?

Brooke,

When we pulled up in front of the terminal there were immediately luggage porters that can carside to remove and handle our baggages. Our tags were printed with the "VIP" label for being platinum. That's was the last we saw of our luggage until later that afternoon. Once inside the terminal we bypassed all of the lines and went directly to the VIP lounge. Which by the way, is the nicest we have seen. We arrived at the port just a few minutes before 11:00 and were on the lido deck eating lunch at 11:30. Our family was the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th person to board the ship! Very quick and painless embarkation process! :)

Glad you had a good cruise. We are cruising Thanksgiving week too, but although we live in Orlando, we're not doing the Dream, but instead the Liberty!!

I've stayed at the Contemporary Hotel, but not the new Bay Lake Tower. If you can, get a room facing the MK...you will have awesome views of the fireworks. You can also watch the fireworks from the viewing platform outside on the 15th floor of the hotel (I think this is still true...some nights when they are really busy, it's only for patrons of the Calif Grill Restaurant, but other times, anyone can take the elevator up and go outside to the viewing platforms). On Bay Lake, behind the hotel, they do the night time water electrical parade, which is really pretty to see. Check the hotel for times...it's usually some time between 9 pm and 10 pm.

To get to the MK from the Contemporary, the quickest way is to walk and there is a paved path all the way.

A nice afternoon is to take the boat from the Contemporary to the Ft. Wilderness campgrounds and walk around and visit the petting area and horse stables. You can also rent bikes and golf carts there to ride around.

My kids (17 year old twins) still love to eat at Chef Mickeys on the 4th floor, not so much for the characters, but they love the food...prime rib and Mickey mac and cheese. I've not eaten at the new Wave restaurant (1st floor) yet, but the reviews I've seen are pretty good!

We love the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian hotel. My DD loves the tonga toast (deep fried french toast stuffed with bananas) and I love the sausage there...it tastes like real British bangers! The Irish pub in downtown Disney is also good and has pretty authentic food! If you are into Toms shoes, they custom paint them at the Curl store in downtown Disney...it takes them a few days, so if that's something you are interested in, have it done early in the trip. My theater loving son had the Evita profile put on a pair. Depending on the design, it's about $20-$30 to have the Toms painted.

Have a great time and if you have any other questions, just ask!

Thank you for all of the great information, I took some notes on your suggestions. We are staying in a one-bedroom villa at Bay Lake Towers and the only option it gave was lake view. At least we will have front row seats for the electrical parade on the lake!

I am going to check in to the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, we have not eaten there before. Is it a quick service or table service restaurant?

We love Raglan's Pub in Downtown Disney! This will be our fourth Disney adventure and I always say Downtown Disney is one of my favorite places in Disney World.....again, I LOVE to shop. :p One of the things we have noticed is it appears that the restaurants included in the 2013 Dining Plan are about 30 or 40% less than last year. :( I have read that more are added as January 1st gets closer...I have just never noticed that before, nor have friends of our who do Disney once per year and are Disney Vacation Club Members. Have you ever experienced that?

Thanks again for your Disney insight!

Thank you for all of the great information, I took some notes on your suggestions. We are staying in a one-bedroom villa at Bay Lake Towers and the only option it gave was lake view. At least we will have front row seats for the electrical parade on the lake!

I am going to check in to the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, we have not eaten there before. Is it a quick service or table service restaurant?

We love Raglan's Pub in Downtown Disney! This will be our fourth Disney adventure and I always say Downtown Disney is one of my favorite places in Disney World.....again, I LOVE to shop. :p One of the things we have noticed is it appears that the restaurants included in the 2013 Dining Plan are about 30 or 40% less than last year. :( I have read that more are added as January 1st gets closer...I have just never noticed that before, nor have friends of our who do Disney once per year and are Disney Vacation Club Members. Have you ever experienced that?

Thanks again for your Disney insight!

The lake view will be great for viewing the night time electrical water pageant!

Kona Cafe (2nd floor) is table service...we never make a reservation and have always just walked right in and been able to get a table, but if you are going at a really busy time, it might be worth it to reserve a table. I've read they serve the same tonga toast from the Kona Cafe at the quick serve restaurant downstairs at the Polynesian, but I've never tried it there.

There are waffles at the quick serve restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge that also get rave reviews...I forget the exact name, but they are in a caramel sauce...something like creme brulee waffles. I've not tried them, but have read a lot about them.

We also really like Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's a buffet, but has a lot of unique, African foods, curries, and a crab bisque soup that I love. They serve carved meats and have a lamb curry that is wonderful! It is really popular, so I'd suggest a reservation.

We also like Cape May at the Beach Club Hotel for dinner. They do a New England style dinner buffet with steamed clams, mussels, corn on the cob, plus carved meats, and a great salad bar with peel and eat shrimp.

Another great place for dinner is at the Gaylord Palms Hotel (very near Disney). They have a restaurant, Villa de Flora, that does a huge dinner buffet with coconut shrimp, carved meats, salmon, etc. Everything is very fresh tasting.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with the dining plan. Being a local, we've never bought the Disney Dining plan. I'd suggest this forum http://forums.wdwmagic.com/

They have a nice community where people post trip reports and they should have lots of information about the Disney Dining. There is a lady, Hollybelle, who posts on there and writes the best reports (this one is of her wedding and Disney cruise) http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-dream-is-a-wish-your-heart-makes-a-march-2011-disney-wedding-honeymoon-trip-report.740187/ She also did a couple of reviews on cruise critic under the same name.

Brooke: Hope you are feeling better. Have you tried chicken or beef broth for your stomach? It always makes me feel better when I have an upset stomach...some broth and crackers do the trick. Feel better soon!

Okay, plan of attack in progress.

I'm working on exercise and food now.

Last night I went about 10 mins. on the bike, but I got a few twinges in my lower back so I decided to just work on putting some clothes away I've neglected this week, it was moving at least.

I've been going to bed pretty early lately to give my body some good rest b/c we all know that sleep is how we repair our bodies. I decided against the ZZZquil pills and just took a reg. advil night time for back pain and sleep aid. Those Zzzquil's will def. knock you out, but don't try getting up before they wear off. Geez. I guess they were still working on me yesterday morning and I felt it. It had to be the sleep aid b/c I felt fine the rest of the afternoon. Didn't wanna feel hung over this morning so I went for the more gentle sleep help. I'll be winging off of them the next few days. Natural sleep is probably best. Hot flashes are still happening though............:rolleyes:

BK: 1/2 c oatmeal

1 c 1% milk

2 tsp of sugar

S: 2 oz of turkey low fat pepperoni

1 c of pineapple

L: 3 oz of turkey slices

1 tbsp of light mayo

1 tsp of mustard

1 tomato

1 cup of corn

S: 1 c of greek yogurt

1 c of strawberries

D: I admit I didn't plan this far. As my stomach is still a bit icky I really didn't want any of the above, but as of the disaster that occurred yesterday b/c of the lack of caring.........I decided I should bring good choices.

W: I'm gonna aim for 30 mins. I will try to push the envelop on this one b/c I have a crazy goal.........

I want to lose 5lbs in a week. Now I know I lost 7 in a week when I got back from the beach, but that was extraordinary circumstances-one extreme to the next.

I figure I avg. about 2lbs from Mother Nature and the rest is from me over eating/not enough exercise. I came in at 315.6 today, so I'm just gonna say 315 and go from there.

Now to get back down to 312 I just have to lose 3lbs.

But I want to be zealous and shoot for 310. After all I've lost a week due to my own lack of trying.

So, if I exercise everyday at least 40 mins. and keep to my DAILY points I think I can pull this off............

If I don't, I knew it would be a hard thing for me to do, but I think at this point I need to push myself to see results and I think its a good challenge.

Here's to challenges!

Good Choices.

Brooke:

I think you have the tools you need to lose the weight...you know what you need to do. It's just mentally getting in the place where you do it consistently. I really do believe half the weight battle is mental! As women, I think we have a hard time putting ourselves first...making time to plan our meals, grocery shop for the food that will allow us to lose weight, etc. But, we have to learn to take care of ourselves!

Best of luck! Hope you are feeling better!