Stories of outrageous requests

I am just looking for some humor and was wondering if cruise employees hang out on these boards, and if they have any funny stories about outrageous passenger requests.

In the mood for a laugh. :D

Facebook has this.. it's a page started by carnival cruise employees.. dumb requests.. etc

:)

On my Fascination cruise last December I witnessed a total jerk down the hall from us. He had an inside cabin with his wife and two kids. He was standing in the hall the first day yelling at the poor steward. He wanted a queen sized bed in his room and nothing could change his attitude. The steward kept telling the man he would put the two twins together, but the man wouldn't have it. He kept yelling "You need to go get me a queen sized bed and bring it down to my cabin NOW." I don't know the outcome of it but everyone out in the hall was just shaking their heads. I felt bad for the poor steward.

I have worked in the restaurant business for over a decade now. Honestly, I can't imagine a request that would shock me these days as I think I have heard them all. Still they are fun to read.

Facebook has this.. it's a page started by carnival cruise employees.. dumb requests.. etc

:)

I just found the site. It's really funny for like a second until you realize how much those employees all hate Americans. Sheesh!

Do you know what the name of the group is? I looked and there are quite a few, but not like what I'm looking for.

It's called Stupid Questions from Cruise ship passengers.

I just found the site. It's really funny for like a second until you realize how much those employees all hate Americans. Sheesh!

From personal experience, I think it's hard to work in a customer focused job, and not develop a sort of love/hate relationship with the people you have to deal with.

My first job out of school was working for a financial services company on their 1-800 number. 90% of their business was retirement plans, so most of the callers were Seniors. After doing that for a year... well, let's just say that it burned me out, and that my view of Seniors has never really been the same since.

It's called Stupid Questions from Cruise ship passengers.

Found it! Thanks.

Here's one... "Lady rings reception as she can't get out of her cabin. After being asked several questions the lady finally explained exasperatedly that there were 2 doors in her cabin one to the bathroom and the other had a do not disturb sign on it!"

Found it! Thanks.

Here's one... "Lady rings reception as she can't get out of her cabin. After being asked several questions the lady finally explained exasperatedly that there were 2 doors in her cabin one to the bathroom and the other had a do not disturb sign on it!"

Yeah, I think this and a lot of others are recycled and told by many. I heard half of them from our cruise director on my cruise a few weeks ago. They're definitely entertaining for the most part.

Anyone? Italian linen sheets? Baccarat crystal goblets? Courvesier nightly? Bringing own staff? Anyone?

BESTTTTTTTTTTT

Did she ever come back and tell us how the cruise went? or did they not cruise yet???

BESTTTTTTTTTTT

Did she ever come back and tell us how the cruise went? or did they not cruise yet???

I thought their cruise was supposed to be later this year or early next year. I just remember thinking we were going to have to wait a long time before getting a review!

I thought their cruise was supposed to be later this year or early next year. I just remember thinking we were going to have to wait a long time before getting a review!

Yeah, I think that's the timing. I was reading back over that thread just now. The OP is still around, was poking around the guitar thread a couple of days ago.

That's why I think it's funny when people talk about tipping, and how personal they want to make it, as nauseum, by doing this, and that, and even that.

These people want our $$. And most EARN it. They REALLY don't care about us.

Next time in the supermarket, ask the cashier how much she LIKES you.

On the Fascination in March, I witnessed a passenger very loudly and on several occasions referring to the cabin steward as "Mr. Chocolate Man". :eek: He would humbly answer and do her bidding. I asked him why would he put up with something so rude. He said to me, it's okay I just ignore it. But by the look on his face I could tell he really didn't like it.

Well, I just couldn't take it anymore and when I walked by her, I said good morning "Ms. Piggy". She could've been Ms. Piggy's bigger sister!

DH looked at me and shook his head. He knew I wasn't going to let that lady get by with that.:rolleyes:

Thats it!

Like Americans have the monopoly on stupid questions!!!!!!:rolleyes: lmao!!

Well ... I hate to be the spoiler of a good ol' red-blooded Ford truck drivin' patriot rant (I am such a liar!) but ... when you consider that these are Carnival employees and the vast majority of their customers are American OF FREAKIN' COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT AMERICANS. :eek:

Shocking, I know.

On the Fascination in March, I witnessed a passenger very loudly and on several occasions referring to the cabin steward as "Mr. Chocolate Man".

And that sentence pretty much sums up why I hate stupid people.

And that sentence pretty much sums up why I hate stupid people.

I wouldn't call them stupid - I would call them arrogant, ignorant, and obtuse. Hmmm, I guess you are right - 'stupid' just about embodies all of those adjectives into one word. :D

Reading that story made my skin crawl. I cannot believe someone would SAY that to another person. It is such a foriegn concept to me, to do that, that I almost don't believe it actually happens. I know it does, though. Sigh.

I am so thankful I came to cruise critic before my cruise last month, so that I could read about some of the issues cruise members face, so I would be extra cognizant of how I treated them. I am always sensitive to folks in the service industry anyway, because I know what they put up with. But, it seems like a cruise staff puts up with a LOT more. A LOT. As a result, I overtipped my steward, our waitress, and everyone else I came in contact with on the ship. And I never once made any undue requests from any of them.

On my Fascination cruise last December I witnessed a total jerk down the hall from us. He had an inside cabin with his wife and two kids. He was standing in the hall the first day yelling at the poor steward. He wanted a queen sized bed in his room and nothing could change his attitude. The steward kept telling the man he would put the two twins together, but the man wouldn't have it. He kept yelling "You need to go get me a queen sized bed and bring it down to my cabin NOW." I don't know the outcome of it but everyone out in the hall was just shaking their heads. I felt bad for the poor steward.

I have worked in the restaurant business for over a decade now. Honestly, I can't imagine a request that would shock me these days as I think I have heard them all. Still they are fun to read.

On the Ecstasy last month, I witnessed a female room steward (on another floor) say this to a woman standing in the doorway of her cabin: "I told you, I am NOT room service!" The steward was walking toward me as she said this, and I saw the look of disgust and annoyance on her face. I then walked past the passenger in her doorway, and she just had a blank look on her face. It didn't appear to me that she had deserved such rude behavior.

This was only an hour or so after we boarded, so it was my first encounter with a steward, and my first thought was that the steward was being very dismissive and unnecessarily rude to the passenger, and that I might be subjected to the same from my own steward on my floor. (I wasn't - I had an AWESOME steward!) BUT, I have no idea what the passenger said to the steward before I got there, so perhaps she had just been very demanding, causing the very harried steward to snap at her. I never saw either of them again, so I don't know what their usual behavior was.

They don't all hate Americans - we have become friends with a waiter & he stayed with us last summer (loves it here). Some of the stories he has told us has ME hating Americans, too. I.E. wasting of whole plates of food, rudeness, whistling at him like a dog..........

Well ... I hate to be the spoiler of a good ol' red-blooded Ford truck drivin' patriot rant (I am such a liar!) ..............

LemurCat,

You have yet to spoil one of my rants! But, why are you talking about me already when I haven't thrown the bottles yet?

My current FORD truck is black but I don't have any pics of it;

2593576280065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

You have yet to spoil one of my rants! But, why are you talking about me already when I haven't thrown the bottles yet?

My current FORD truck is black but I don't have any pics of it

I certainly hope you've got the decal on the back window of the Calvin & Hobbes kid peeing on a Chevy/Dodge logo. Or at the very least "truck nuts".

If not, I'm afraid we're going to have to pull your membership card.

I certainly hope you've got the decal on the back window of the Calvin & Hobbes kid peeing on a Chevy/Dodge logo. Or at the very least "truck nuts".

If not, I'm afraid we're going to have to pull your membership card.

RatherBFishin,

What's a Chevy/Dodge? I recall reading about them in a history book once upon a time....;)

Archived