Stories of outrageous requests

Good point!

Make that Fiat and [To Be Decided]

RatherBFishin,

They went with that 'to be decided' a few times too often; have you ever noticed how many names the same vehicles have from those two former automakers? :confused:

One of the most astounding things they're doing now is CLOSING their lesser performing dealerships. Dealerships sell their product. Their product doesn't sell enough so they close dealerships that aren't even costing them anything. Supply and demand has a third component known as available for sale that they think will drive up prices? Whoever came up with that idea sure failed their economics courses. I guess they never thought to stop building so many to cut costs and bring prices back up by limiting supply. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad that whoever is making those decisions is in the auto industry and not the health care industry. I would imagine they would practice blood letting on trauma patients....that'll sure stop the bleeding though eh? :D

I was a Carnival showband musician for 3 years. Entertainers have full guest area privileges, and I found myself enjoying a beverage in the disco/lounges most nights. Carnival guests: read the name badge before handing your dirty dishes to a staff member! lol... Chances are, if the Carnival employee is drinking a beer and sitting down enjoying the same show as you, they're probably not an on-duty server...

Drunk guest to showband: "Hey, you guys know any SKYNYRD?"

:p

What's a Chevy/Dodge? I recall reading about them in a history book once upon a time....;)

LMAO :D paul that is absolutely hilarious and so timely. i think they were re-named fiat and us motors (they own 73% of the shares, or will later this week), right?

btw, loved the review - and that's a fine rig there. you seem pretty well decked out for a vaca wherever you are.

to OP - thankfully i never really witnessed any major indescretions... but i'll just agree with the others... some of those comments on the facebook group are out there! :cool:

I had a friend who worked on cruise ships for about 5 years, although she loved her job, she said Americans are the worst passengers there were. She said that mostly the younger generation is rude, vulgar and just down right dirty and nasty. She said that most foreigners treat the crew really well, but not the Americans. She said that it really opened her eyes as to why we are not liked around the world, but she also said that the majority of people over the age of 40 were fantastic to the crew and they appreciated that. My own philosophy is that I want to treat others the way that I would like to be treated, it is just ashame others do feel that same way.

[On the Fascination in March, I witnessed a passenger very loudly and on several occasions referring to the cabin steward as "Mr. Chocolate Man". :eek: He would humbly answer and do her bidding.

She probably called him Mr. Chocolate Man because he GAVE HER CHOCOLATES and she liked that...

One of the most astounding things they're doing now is CLOSING their lesser performing dealerships. Dealerships sell their product. Their product doesn't sell enough so they close dealerships that aren't even costing them anything. Supply and demand has a third component known as available for sale that they think will drive up prices? Whoever came up with that idea sure failed their economics courses. I guess they never thought to stop building so many to cut costs and bring prices back up by limiting supply. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad that whoever is making those decisions is in the auto industry and not the health care industry. I would imagine they would practice blood letting on trauma patients....that'll sure stop the bleeding though eh? :D

That's the weird thing. They are closing PROFITABLE dealerships. One in Houston, two here in metro Phoenix area that sell WAY over the requirement. They are dumbfounded.

:D:D

BESTTTTTTTTTTT

Did she ever come back and tell us how the cruise went? or did they not cruise yet???

I thought I remember that the consensus on the board was that the posters might have just been playing with us. Could be wrong...as there were several jokester post a few months ago!:D

:D:D

BESTTTTTTTTTTT

Did she ever come back and tell us how the cruise went? or did they not cruise yet???

I thought I remember that the consensus on the board was that the posters might have just been playing with us. Could be wrong...as there were several jokester post a few months ago!:D

[On the Fascination in March, I witnessed a passenger very loudly and on several occasions referring to the cabin steward as "Mr. Chocolate Man". :eek: He would humbly answer and do her bidding.

She probably called him Mr. Chocolate Man because he GAVE HER CHOCOLATES and she liked that...

You are a much more charitable person than I am! Keep thinking those good thoughts. :)

LemurCat,

You have yet to spoil one of my rants! But, why are you talking about me already when I haven't thrown the bottles yet?

My current FORD truck is black but I don't have any pics of it;

You're right, Paul. I should have gone with Chevy, 'cause THIIISSS ISSS UUUUURRRRR CUNNNNNTTTRRRYYYYY!

:D

Yeah, but how do you expect them to live up to their production contracts with their over-seas manufacturers if they have to limit production? ;)

I was a Carnival showband musician for 3 years. Entertainers have full guest area privileges, and I found myself enjoying a beverage in the disco/lounges most nights. Carnival guests: read the name badge before handing your dirty dishes to a staff member! lol... Chances are, if the Carnival employee is drinking a beer and sitting down enjoying the same show as you, they're probably not an on-duty server...

Drunk guest to showband: "Hey, you guys know any SKYNYRD?"

:p

But Jen ... you're ruining my "Play "Freebird!" joke ...

I agree, but for whatever reason, it was still rude to refer to him as Mr. Chocolate Man and it was apparent that he did not like it.

My inclination is to want to be nice and pleasant to folks who have access to my personal belongings, food, and the like. Payback is a royal bitch. I often tease my manicurist and hair stylist that they have much power over me because of the tools they use. Besides a smile, please and thank you get you much more than a bad attitude. It's the old honey/vinegar thing.

I had a friend who worked on cruise ships for about 5 years, although she loved her job, she said Americans are the worst passengers there were. She said that mostly the younger generation is rude, vulgar and just down right dirty and nasty. She said that most foreigners treat the crew really well, but not the Americans. She said that it really opened her eyes as to why we are not liked around the world, but she also said that the majority of people over the age of 40 were fantastic to the crew and they appreciated that. My own philosophy is that I want to treat others the way that I would like to be treated, it is just ashame others do feel that same way.

I have noticed that behavior right here in good ole West Texas on a regular basis. Seems that many, and I do mean many, parents are not raising their children, they just have them and let them grow. My kids may be rude to other people, but they sure don't do it in my presence.

Anyone? Italian linen sheets? Baccarat crystal goblets? Courvesier nightly? Bringing own staff? Anyone?

Hilarious! She was also wondering if the peeps who were in suites would get "better" lifeboats. :p

I haven't been that entertained in a long time......

I'll admit it. I enjoy being a trickster. :p So when we first boarded the Glory (we were a party of 5) and went up to the Lido deck, I said to my mom "hey, why don't we just slide 2 tables together?" (knowing full well the tables are bolted down! LOL!)

Well, my mom turned to an employee next to her and ask "is it ok if we move these 2 tables together?" The employee, who didn't speak much English, looked at her weird, then pantomimed tugging with all his might at the table. My mom finally understood when she look up and saw me laughing hysterically! :D

Worse, my poor mother fell for the SAME TRICK at least 2-3 MORE times during the course of our 7-day cruise! Ha!

"Hey, Mom! Can you pull this table towards you a little so I can have a little more room?"

"Mom, the booth Alyssa's sitting in is really far from this table. Can you please push it a little closer to her so she doesn't make a big mess?"

Yeah, I know. I'm going to burn for an eternity for that!

I just have to say, after reading the posts here, I think the employees on the ships do an outstanding job of hiding their hatred, if in fact they truly feel that way. I've only been on two cruises so far, going on my third this summer, but even with the negative interaction I have seen, the staff continue to smile and do their best to make everyone happy! Maybe I've just been lucky though :) Everyone has bad days, on mine I hope I could be half as positive as the employees are on their worst day!

I think that anyone in a service related field deals with rude obnoxious people everyday. We had gotten a kick out of reading the requests people ask for. We've been on many cruises and rarely meet rude, obnoxious people. Sure we've seen some, but the vast majority are there just to have fun. We typically go with the flow and don't get too excited about things. The people who work on the ship are there to make your stay enjoyable - not give you personal, one on one service. So I do not believe the majority of people on a cruise are rude and demanding - just a few, and those are the ones that stand out. But they also stand out anywhere; Disney World, the mall, local restaurants, etc. Some people just feel entitled - I think it's because they have no real control over many other parts of their life so they try to wield power over those who are paid to give them service. Just my opinion. However, that doesn't mean I roll over for everything, just that I don't get excited over the small stuff. On a cruise I get someone who cooks every meal for me, makes my bed, cleans my bathroom, serves me drinks, and entertains me. I also get lots of sun, relaxation time, activities I can do, or not do, etc. I don't know what else I can ask for. We manage to have fun everywhere we go and are raising our child to do that also. Most of our cruises are over vacation time for school so there are lots of kids aboard. Been on elevators and watched the kids push every button. Guess it'll just take one extra minute to get where I'm going. We try not to get riled up. And again, we've met and hung with some great people onboard different ships and they've all been fun to be with. I don't find extremely demanding and critical people enjoyable, so we just steer clear. Others may not agree, but it works for us.

Oh my gosh, klr! That makes SO much more sense than what we were all thinking!!!!

Also, I thought about this. I have an acquaintance, a white woman, who loves black men, and calls them all some variation of "delicious cup of chocolate" "chocolate heaven" etc, all said with deep affection. So, perhaps the passenger in this story was only doing the same. Still, though, it's a rude thing to do, imo, no matter the level of affection/attraction.

My inclination is to want to be nice and pleasant to folks who have access to my personal belongings, food, and the like. Payback is a royal bitch.

Isn't that the truth! That, and the simple act of being nice to people makes me happier than being ugly to people.

I know there are some rude Americans out there but the most outrageous behavior I've witness was by cultures that don't belive in waiting in line or tipping. I have seen long lines in front of the pursers desk on the last night trying to tke their autotips off. Most (non drunk) Americans On cruises are polite and friendly. I've especially notice this on off season cruises when there are few kids. I don't ever want to experience a college spring break cruise. Most Americans are good tippers,where as in some countries it's not costomary to tip. You would think they would like us for that. Do your cabin stewards or waitors even know if you are from the US or Canada?

The worst behavior I've seen is from a group of 75 from India. The table next to us had 10 8-12yo boys all loudly playing their hand held games. THey got their special food then wanted the regular menu then the kids menu. They kept the waitors running with never a please or thank you. We had to wait for our food each night while they accommodated their special meals. They said some alfully rude things to the assistant waitor that I won't repeat hear. This was on Celebrity a few years ago, when on the last night you give your tip envelope. Well guess what? None of the 75 came on that last night! We had a nice dinner that night but the waitors got stiffed big time!

Most Americans are good tippers,where as in some countries it's not costomary to tip. You would think they would like us for that. Do your cabin stewards or waitors even know if you are from the US or Canada?

I agree that most non-drunk Americans are very pleasant, indeed. However, where I come from (Vancouver, BC), it is customary to tip according to quality of service provided. While I acknowledge that it is different for the multi-national servers aboard cruise ships (they work mainly for tips, I believe), I have to say that I am appalled at the custom of tipping for absolutely everything. If I get bad service, I tip accordingly. If I get service that goes above and beyond, my server will be rewarded.

Archived