Verandah Deck on Fantasy Class Ships?

Rowan555

We're thinking of booking a last Fantasy cruise before she heads to Mobile, and I'm considering the Verandah deck (one of the inside cabins) - that's the one deck we've never had a room on. Any pros/cons to being on this deck? It's $60 more for the two of us than a Riviera aft cabin - I'm trying to determine if it's worth it to get the V Deck room.

THANKS!

We stayed on the Veranda deck on a sister ship in 2003, so I'm trying to recall what we thought. I remember there being more motion. We were really close to our Muster Station and didn't have to go far for the muster drill. It's not too far from the late night bistro back to your cabin. If you are going to use the sports deck and the pools a lot then it might be nice to be that close. Otherwise I don't remember there being anything special about that particular deck. It would really depend on whether you want to pay the extra money for a cabin or use if for something else.

I'll let you know in November as I have one of them booked for our 6-nighter out of Mobile. A lot of folks are not aware that they are there. They do sell out quickly so getting a price drop on a sold out category is not likely. Though they will upgrade you to a 6A or 6B, but that defeats the purpose of getting the cabin in the first place.

Dave

I'll let you know in November as I have one of them booked for our 6-nighter out of Mobile. A lot of folks are not aware that they are there. They do sell out quickly so getting a price drop on a sold out category is not likely. Though they will upgrade you to a 6A or 6B, but that defeats the purpose of getting the cabin in the first place.

Dave

I just now booked V Deck for September 10 - didn't book with Early Saver, but with the 4 day sale going on now, so price drops won't really matter much. So I guess I'll let YOU know how it is before your 6 day cruise ;)

That' s what I got, one of the inner-v's. I know they are more than a window on R-deck, but I know I would rather be up there closer to most of the action. To me its worth a little bit more. I see you have sailed this ship before a few times, but the first time I walked through the Verandah on the way to the Obsevation deck I knew I wanted to look into an inner on this deck.

On the Fantasy Class the gym is directly over the veranda deck, but it's only an issue in v8 and v12 and to some extent v20. Even then it's only a problem if a particularly loud aerobics class is going on or if someone is dropping a lot of weights. These cabins also have the most motion of any on the ship. Location wise to the pool and the public areas it's a good location.

thats okay the gym will be closed when I am sleeping, and I won't be in my room other than that.

Not necessarily.......... we always get V20 & have been awken by the areobics class at 7:30am more than once. Once we had V8 & heard weights into the night - the crew is alowed to use gym after hours. Go for further down the hall than these rooms.

We're thinking of booking a last Fantasy cruise before she heads to Mobile, and I'm considering the Verandah deck (one of the inside cabins) - that's the one deck we've never had a room on. Any pros/cons to being on this deck? THANKS!

Rowan!

Good job on booking the cabin.

One of the many reasons for booking those Verandah Deck cabins are:

#1 There are so few cabins up there, it is the quietest, non-traffic, "exclusive" area on the ship.

There will be people wandering around on sailaway, but then they'll forget about that deck and area for the rest of the cruise.

#2 It is so convenient to so many things. Quick walk to lido, and super easy to go grab food and bring it back to the cabin.

Directly down the stairs to the main showroom.

#3 By booking this cabin on V Deck, as opposed to Riviera - you get a semi-exclusive private deck out front! Mere steps from your cabin door, whenever you want air, ocean views, etc. There is the deck out front.

And Darth Grady is correct, in that (as I said above) after sailaway, which seems to be the one time that most people "find" it - it will be barely used and mostly "just you" the rest of the cruise.

#4 When two people in the cabin are getting ready for dinner, a secret trick is to have one person run upstairs and use the spa showers and facilities to get ready. Those spa showers are fantastic, and so convenient - it's almost like having a second bathroom.

All of those are the extra "secrets" of those inside cabins.

Shhhhh. Don't tell too many people...;)

I've never stayed in one... but my favorite deck on the Ecstasy and Elation and Fantasy is the Verandah Deck -- because of the bow deck!!! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! In the midle of the night, it's WONDERFUL!!! I'll lie on the deck and stare at the stars!!! I could never ask for more!!! I know I'll book an inside someday -- to save money -- and when I do, it will be on the Verandah!!!

We have booked an inside cabin on the V deck on the Fantasy. It's close to the action but yet it quiet. Great place to stay. We always rather an inside cabin because we really don't spend much time in the room and the extra money we save, we use for gifts and drinks!!

• 5 months later...

I am sailing on November 29th on the Conquest. We have two rooms at the very back of the ship with the big rap around decks. We paid extra and now I have heard that the rooms on the verandah deck can hear noise all night long from the crew cleaning the Lido deck from midnight until 4:00 a.m. I am just wondering since we are literally on the very back of the deck which is actually under the spa area if we will still be up all night with the noise. Someone please give me some advise, I only have a day to make a change of rooms. thanks

Not necessarily.......... we always get V20 & have been awken by the areobics class at 7:30am more than once. Once we had V8 & heard weights into the night - the crew is alowed to use gym after hours. Go for further down the hall than these rooms.

We have V8 booked in July, I thought about gym noise, but we are seldom bothered by noises.

I had a friend who always asked me after trips about the hotel room..could you hear the neighbors,

could you hear talking in the hallway, Ice machine, elevators????? all these questions.

I seldom notice any of this, but then again, my wife says I never hear her either.:)

• 3 months later...

Archived