Silversea LA to Tahiti in February? Roll Call - Merged

denham76

Spook1 LA - HNL Ron & Dee

Sitmarboy LA - PPT

Dwelsh Agoura Hills, CA LA - LA Betty & David #818

Kristysu

EMTBsam LA - LA Bob & Victoria, Maryland #523

Warren and Gay Lein - Chatworth CA (Not CC'ers)

Markindayton

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL

Sitmarboy Vancouver, BC LA - PPT Paul #434

Kristysu

Markindayton

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL

Markindayton Mark & Barbara #504

Kristysu Boca Rotan, FL LA -LA Kristy #501

Hi all,

We are Harry and Cindy from Baltimore, Md. We just got off the Celebrity Mercury 17 nite repositioning cruise from San Diego to Baltimore. What a pleasure to walk off the ship and walk in our front door within an hour! It was a fantastic trip with good people, service, and relaxation.

This will be our first cruise on SilverSea but we are seasoned cruise critic posters and have gleaned great information from the threads. We are doing the Tahiti to LA leg of this cruise, cabin 645, spending a few days in Moorea pre-cruise. We both still work, so unable to do the round trip, unfortunately. But we are looking forward to joining you in Papeete!

Cindy

Harcin Baltimore, MD Harry & Cindy PPT - LA #545

We are in cabin #645

Harcin is cabin #645

Hi all,

We are Harry and Cindy from Baltimore, Md. We just got off the Celebrity Mercury 17 nite repositioning cruise from San Diego to Baltimore. What a pleasure to walk off the ship and walk in our front door within an hour! It was a fantastic trip with good people, service, and relaxation.

This will be our first cruise on SilverSea but we are seasoned cruise critic posters and have gleaned great information from the threads. We are doing the Tahiti to LA leg of this cruise, cabin 645, spending a few days in Moorea pre-cruise. We both still work, so unable to do the round trip, unfortunately. But we are looking forward to joining you in Papeete!

Cindy

Hi Cindy & Harry - We are Bob and Victoria from Monkton, MD and will be on the LA to LA cruise. We agree, it is nice to be able to sail in and out of Baltimore, but until SS decides to come here, we'll have to travel to get to them. It's worth the trip.

EMTBsam LA - LA Bob & Victoria, Maryland #Please advise

Harcin Baltimore, MD Harry & Cindy PPT - LA #645

EMTBsam LA - LA Bob & Victoria, Maryland #Please advise

Bob & Victoria are in #523.

Markindayton Mark & Barbara #709

What a difference a day makes! Now that that nasty nor'easter is past us, the sun is shining and it is a glorious fall day outside!

We are finally getting back to the real world after our 17 night PC trip but the thought that we will be on board the Shadow in less then 98 days gives me the motivation to carry on with work and the house chores!

I have been perusing the TripAdvisor website for ideas on things to do in Moorea (we are there a few nights pre-cruise) and Bora Bora. We tend to do our own excursions rather then the ship excursions. Some good restaurant suggestions have surfaced and I am thinking of just renting a car in Bora Bora.

Go Ravens!

Harry & Cindy:

Glad your weather has settled down. Here in S. Cal a great day as usual!!

We have visited Polynesia previously so will only take 1/2 day tour in Papeete. We booked though michael.faye@maramatours.pf a tour starting at 9AM on Feb 19th. At 82 Euro for 2 and good references it sounds good.

Only 12 weeks away. Yea.:):):)

Am I allowed to invade this sanctuary of small ship zealots with a large ship port of call comment? Thank you. Today while during my regular backstroke swim off the Outrigger Canoe Club I marveled as a double rainbow formed from the Sheraton Waikiki to span the Golden Princess at Pier 2 and drop anchor in the blue sea. While I can't promise this wonder when Silver Shadow is docked in Honolulu I will do my upmost. All I require is a slight mauka sprinkle drifting makai and a Hawaiian sun to stir this visual cocktail of Aloha.

Am I allowed to invade this sanctuary of small ship zealots with a large ship port of call comment? Thank you. Today while during my regular backstroke swim off the Outrigger Canoe Club I marveled as a double rainbow formed from the Sheraton Waikiki to span the Golden Princess at Pier 2 and drop anchor in the blue sea. While I can't promise this wonder when Silver Shadow is docked in Honolulu I will do my upmost. All I require is a slight mauka sprinkle drifting makai and a Hawaiian sun to stir this visual cocktail of Aloha.

Lovely imagery! Hope we have rainbows throughout our cruise!

Question, my husband and I want to go to the Punch Bowl and Pearl Harbor Memorials. How easy is it to just grab a cab to these places? We prefer not to do the ship's excursion because we do not care for a city tour. Or should we rent a car?

Thanks,

Cindy

Cindy:

You will see lots of beautiful rainbows on this cruise.

One of our lasting memories, with photos to support them, is of the spectacular color show in French Polynesia. Of course, there are no rainbows with out rain so don't forget to pack your rain poncho!!:):)

Lovely imagery! Hope we have rainbows throughout our cruise!

Question, my husband and I want to go to the Punch Bowl and Pearl Harbor Memorials. How easy is it to just grab a cab to these places? We prefer not to do the ship's excursion because we do not care for a city tour. Or should we rent a car?

Thanks,

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

I would suggest renting a car for the day. Taxis are expensive and not as convenient; better to have your own wheels. (Shadow will dock at either Aloha Tower or Pier 2; her last two visits have seen both.) Example: a cab runs about $25 o/w from airport to pier and Pearl Harbor is past the airport by sevral miles. To really take in Pearl Harbor I would allow no less than three hours, four even better. The Arizona Memorial, Battleship Missouri, and sub Bowfin are not to be missed. The Missouri is now in drydock for a paint job but will be long finished before we arrive.

Punchbowl is much neaer (you can see from ship) and not hard to find. If you have not visited Honolulu a quick drive up the the Pali lookout (on a nice day) offers a beautiful vista of the windward side of the island and the Kaneohe Marine Corps Air Base and Kaneohe Bay, Coconut Hat, (island) and down to Makapuu Point.

You need check the rental sites, but I believe Budget has a drop off from their Ala Moana office. Or did several years ago.

Anything I can help you with is my pleasure.

Aloha, Ron and Dee

After sailing with Princess and RCCL almost exclusively in the past we decided to try Silversea. We are looking forward to it and have booked Cabin 634 for this trip. We have always wanted to visit the South Pacific and are also frequent visitors to The Big Island and Kauai. I have read great things about this cruise line and we are very excited about the trip.

Looking forward to meeting you all aboard.

Gary & Linda:D

Archived