Travel Insurance re Swine Flu ?

linet

Can anyone suggest a Travel Insurance Company, that would cover your expenses if you were quarantined as a result of swine flu ?

We will be disembarkiing from the Dawn Princess at San Francisco in July , and have accommodation booked there, plus flights to L.A. and accommodation there as well ,so would be in a real mess if we could not keep these commitments.

Do you mean quarantined to your cabin? If so, no. Sick at home, that should be covered by your insurance if your doctor won't let you travel.

That being said, I really think you are stressing over something that was mainly media hype. I wouldn't worry about the swine flu. I worry more about getting safely to the airport!

As far as insurance is concerned, swine flu is no different than any other illness. If you have travel insurance that reimburses you if you miss a flight or a cruise due to illness, then it covers swine flu.

Hi, just my 2cts;) I would recommend reading the fine print of your travel insurance (great fun!) Look for exclusions along the following lines:

"arising out of or in connection to an epidemic or pandemic;"

If swine flu is considered to be either epidemic or pandemic a lot of policies will not cover you??

We just had a cruise unloading here in Sydney from a ship with confirmed cases of Swine Flu:eek:

Just remember the "normal" flu causes 27,000 deaths an year. I don't think swine flu has cause that many deaths. I believe that data is from the CDC. I wouldn't worry about it and just go on the cruise and have fun..

Archived